Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big Ben Dungeon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2012
The Big Ben dungeon really has to be shortened. It takes forever to reach Meowiarty!! The game says two hours alone but it took like 4 hours for me to complete.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
fore34 on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
The Big Ben dungeon really has to be shortened. It takes forever to reach Meowiarty!! The game says two hours alone but it took like 4 hours for me to complete.
No, it doesn't need to be shortened. The time given is an average suggested time.
I'm sorry it took you so long, but that's not KI's fault. The average time for me is about 2 1/2hrs.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
It all depends on the strategy you like to use. Me, I prefer to cast a few blades and traps then nail them with a reasonably powerful spell. But if you are like my friend, who is ice and learns life the battles are most likely gonna take longer. It takes him forever to kill something, as his strategy is to defend himself while chipping away at the monsters health. Like ravenlady said the time is just a guesstimate it really depends on the wizard.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
I never got through Big Ben yet but i always go with friends that are stronger than me. the problem is, i'm the one who's getting defeated and 2290 steps are a lot of steps. I think it should be shortened.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Survivor
Nov 10, 2012
well I would suggest to bring a friend to make it shorter and its not that hard if you use your potions every now and then. trust me, once you get to him its all down hill form there. you'll be fine.

Austin WinterWalker Master of the Ice Magic

Squire
May 10, 2013
It doesn't. Big Ben was simple.

Do it like any other dungeon. Full Potion bottles, A Big Deck,
Marking is extremely reccomended for Potions, buying tc, (etc.)
It took less then 20 minutes to complete Big Ben. I'm level 41 in Village of Sorrow.
I'm close to finishing MooShu. But the reason why Big Ben is simple is that
Marleybone has barely any fighting. The creatures rarely attack me.
I soloed the world in a day.

Squire
May 10, 2013
Its not, you are probably just underleveled. I did it in my level 26's.

Survivor
May 17, 2010
If you guys want my opinion, I completed it with a level 21 or 22 storm wizard, and a level 35 fire wizard. the key was using spells that hit all, such as
Tempest
Humungofrog
Forest Lord
Harvest lord
Meteor strike
Sandstorm( with blades)
I dunno the ice ones, sorry ice wizards.

And just keep using those spells. when i was doing it, we just kept using my tempest, and the lvl 35 wizards meteor strike, which got us pretty far. on the last battle however, it is not so simple. be patient, get lots of pips, and use the strongest attack you have.

Angel GhostBlade lvl 90.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Dungeons aren't really meant to solo anyways...

Just saying.

I understand the want for accomplishment, but why not grab a couple friends to make it fly by faster? Or go to a crowded realm...