Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does Myth Imp exist?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 22, 2011
I get that myth likes to rip off other schools' spells because other wise the school would be terrible, but with myth imp, why must it dispel? I hate when i'm going to use Dr. Von's Monster and I get dispelled and lose all my pips. It's so annoying, KI should remove the dispel part, and make the spell stronger.

Wolf- 76 Necromancer

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
General Jack Squat on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
I get that myth likes to rip off other schools' spells because other wise the school would be terrible, but with myth imp, why must it dispel? I hate when i'm going to use Dr. Von's Monster and I get dispelled and lose all my pips. It's so annoying, KI should remove the dispel part, and make the spell stronger.

Wolf- 76 Necromancer
What works for me is using a wand spell or a blade. It's a zero pip cost, dispels the spell, and doesnt run you off track or cost any pips or mana. Perhaps keep a spell or two handy for just those situations

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Okay in PvP I have a tip. And myth needs special effects to be unique. Death gets drains (Luckies!), life gets heals, and myth gets unique effects. Here's a tip I tell all my friends in the case of annoying spells that cost pips: Watch their pips closely and look at your pips. PLus a solid damage 5-pip damage spell for myth? Well myth already has 2 5-pip damage spells. They need to be unique to be their own school. You are anti-heal and very negative based spells (plague, infection). Balance has a bit of everything (Heals, weakness, lots of shields like ice and so on). Storm is a risk taking school. Fire is Damage over time. Ice is tank. I think (Think is a keyword) that you don't understand myth's uniqueness. And changing a spell players have fallen in love with? Plus it only works with you and life. Not everyone. Against myth, storm, ice, balance, and fire it's useless. They just need a way to deal with you.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
As the school wouldn't have equality brings whining of a problem, also myth doesn't rip off.

Anthony Lv.26 Bookworm

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Um, Hello? Dude, Death rips off balance AND Myth!!! Death Scarab, Death troll, I think there's even a Death Bat, and a Death Minotaur ... Myth does not rip off Death, in fact, it's the other way around, and you are probably just angry that an enemy cast a spell at the wrong time, but that's how the game WORKS!!! And no, the dispel should not be removed because there's only one way to get that spell: through a pet. If KI removed the dispel for this spell, it would ruin a lot of the fun of the game for those who put a lot of effort into getting the spell, including me. I'm sure you would hate it if Dr. Von would lose it's infection that goes with it.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
They need to tweak the sound on it, too. The pitch/volume is at the border of "Annoying as possible" and "Painful enough to almost pierce my eardrums" and "Ok, my cats don't even like it! They flatten their ears and growl/hiss at the computer!!" If I'm up against any enemy that can do this spell, I mute my computer during the entire battle. My suggestion: Make it sound like a "Taunt" laugh, but much much deeper.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2013
Like critical death said, you haven't embraced myth's uniqueness yet. Just wait until Azteca. Myth will scare your socks off with those after effects. (Also considering you live to see them. Hehe.)
-Shawna Legend

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Having a myth imp cast on you when you have a pet that knows spritely is not all that bad. Whenever I get a life dispel, my pet casts sprite and gets rid of it. But I guess that only works for life people.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Sigh. Just use a wand spell or a 0 pip death spell, myth imp would be extremely useless without the dispels.

Explorer
May 22, 2011
I don't play like you guys do, I have 4 wand attacks!

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
General Jack Squat on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
I don't play like you guys do, I have 4 wand attacks!
Ah-hah. I see.

I have 6 wand attacks or so, but I'd just use them. Search up and see if there's a convert for the spell and convert it. Or use a convert trap. Blades activate before traps, so the blades will work. Or if you have 2 in your deck, just use one of them, then use the other. Simple!
- Molly level 72

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
I always keep a few cards in my deck that are useless just in case that happens (normally sprite or convert)

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
West DeathTalon on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
I always keep a few cards in my deck that are useless just in case that happens (normally sprite or convert)
Not much you can do, if you're going second, queue up a massive Frankie, and the enemy takes his turn first and imps in your face, dispelling your hit.

I have a love-hate relationship with this spell. I love it as myth because it shuts down half of most opponents' decks. All the life mastery guys, all the feints, all the sacrifices and dark pacts and infections that are the staples of PVP play.

I hate it as any other school for precisely the same reason - life heals are my primary heal spells, and feint/dark pact/infection are utility death spells that EVERYBODY uses.

It's in part because of this spell that I started hanging onto those life and death wands that drop frequently in places like Mirror Lake and Wintertusk. If your secondary school is life, you will find it useful so you can clear the way for your heals and legend shield. If you stack feints to kill bloated myth bosses, use a Solomons Staff insofar as you aren't messing up your other feints.

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
There are variants off of different spells. I'll give some examples:

Death:
Banshee- Life Banshee, Myth Banshee, Eldritch Banshee, Forsaken Banshee

Balance:
Scarab - Death Scarab, Life Scarab

Life:
Imp - Myth Imp
Seraph - Death Seraph

Fire:
Fire Elf - Storm Elf, Frost Elf
Efreet - Water Efreet, Ice Efreet

Ice:
Frost Beetle - Rain Beetle, Storm Beetle, Fire Beetle, Scarab (Same animation, if you didn't notice)
Frost Lord - Flame Lord.

Storm:
...Y'know? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

That's all off the top of my head from what I can remember.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to take a break from hard thinking. My brain hurts...

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
I'm a myth wizard so this might be biased.

But seriously, it seems like there are constant spells like this with all schools. For isntance kraken has a ice & fire kraken. Helephant has a ice helephant, storm helephant, and death helephant.

Kingsisle wanted to make a myth spell that put a dispel for the other spirit schools on it. Instead of making something new they just decided to take imp and change the colors. Makes sense to me, they'd have to create tons of new spells and it's not easy making good ones. If they hadn't created copies like the kraken and helephant then the game would become boring because enemies would just cast the same spells over and over again.

Alexander Rainbowfountain &