Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Taunt and Distract

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't know what happens when I use Distract ( spell) or Taunt because I don't know what Generate Threat on target means.

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Lenawerva on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
I don't know what happens when I use Distract ( spell) or Taunt because I don't know what Generate Threat on target means.
This makes whomever you cast the spell on try to defeat you, instead of others, not usefull in pvp or if your alone, but if you have a friend about to be defeated, this is very useful

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
It means the enemy(ies) are more likely to attack you. This is good for an ice wizard because it takes the damage off their friends and onto themselves, because they have high resist.

If that doesn't make sense, maybe this will. Enemies automatically attack person across from them in the duel circle. If there isn't someone across from them they attack the first person, then second, etc. But once people start attacking, they do the person with the biggest threat- usually who has done the most damage. But using a spell like Taunt or Distract will make them more likely to attack you.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2010
It means that if you use it and you are in a group of two or more, they will want to attack you more, because of the taunt. It can be useful when you want the enemies to stop attacking your storm friend so that he/she can attack without the fear of being defeated.

It is only really useful by Ice wizards because of their high life and resist.

Hope this helps

-- Timothy Frostheart lvl 81