Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Very VERY Common Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
1st Bug: I noticed, that if you go into a dungeon and then you quickly walk out before the timer ends, there's a bug where you can't go back into the dungeon. An example, is the pagoda. if you leave the pagoda before the dungeon timer ends, you can't go back in, unless you walk all the way out of the pagoda's range, and walk back in. This happens with very many dungeons, And i have witnessed it happening to other players.

2nd Bug: Another bug, is what happened to me in Triton Avenue. I was using the teleporter, to get to Sohomer Sunblade, and when i tried to talk to him using "x" it didn't work. I also tried clicking on him multiple times, but STILL didn't work. THEN when i tried walking out of his range, i went back into his range, and THEN i could talk. Now, how this happened, is once you go through the teleporter, and you walk to him, you can't talk unless you go out of his range and then back in. This may be because the teleporter is too close to Sohomer Sunblade. That's my best guess.

~Thank You
--------------------------

Nora Night GrandMaster Thaumaturge

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
That always happens to me too. It is very fusterating and should be fixed

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I own pagoda, and it is very odd. The Triton Ave. one happens a lot more often.
~Molly

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
That, I would guess, is because of internet problems. I have experienced too much of that :( lol.

Cole Dunerunner - aditha12

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
It's probably a slight change to the way dungeon sigils and teleports work, in response to user complaints about pad hoppers and people porting to you when you're trying to enter a dungeon.

I noticed the same thing starting about 1 month ago, maybe more.

The pagoda issue is older, and is very frustrating when your friends can't get into the same instance as you.

I also noticed recently that when I port to a friend, and then go to talk to an NPC or pick up a nearby reagent, it won't allow me to interact with that NPC or reagent for several seconds AND I have to leave the immediate area and come back. This is very frustrating if you're trying to coordinate finishing a quest/turning it in, or if someone knows you're looking for a certain reagent.

Squire
May 10, 2013
I would be happy to answer your 1st bug.

This is no support needed and its not a bug but it is common.

If you ported out of Pagoda, and you go in again, you'll pick up where you left off.
If you want the dungeon to reset, your going to need to wait for 30 minutes and then that is how you fix it.

Your 2nd Bug:

1st Answer: Your Connection Status. (Make Sure You do not get disconnected)
2nd Answer: Click on Sohomer he will Probably talk to you

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
PlayHard101 on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
I would be happy to answer your 1st bug.

This is no support needed and its not a bug but it is common.

If you ported out of Pagoda, and you go in again, you'll pick up where you left off.
If you want the dungeon to reset, your going to need to wait for 30 minutes and then that is how you fix it.

Your 2nd Bug:

1st Answer: Your Connection Status. (Make Sure You do not get disconnected)
2nd Answer: Click on Sohomer he will Probably talk to you
-__-

I just said that when i tried clicking on him and pressing x it didn't work at all......

Please read more carefully

Survivor
Dec 24, 2011
I know that happens a bunch to me! I have to port back to my friend to restart the countdown
90 Taylor Sword

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
That has happened to me also. I hope it gets fixed soon!

Death is unavoidable; make the most of your time... While you still can. - Becca S.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Elite aspect on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
1st Bug: I noticed, that if you go into a dungeon and then you quickly walk out before the timer ends, there's a bug where you can't go back into the dungeon. An example, is the pagoda. if you leave the pagoda before the dungeon timer ends, you can't go back in, unless you walk all the way out of the pagoda's range, and walk back in. This happens with very many dungeons, And i have witnessed it happening to other players.

2nd Bug: Another bug, is what happened to me in Triton Avenue. I was using the teleporter, to get to Sohomer Sunblade, and when i tried to talk to him using "x" it didn't work. I also tried clicking on him multiple times, but STILL didn't work. THEN when i tried walking out of his range, i went back into his range, and THEN i could talk. Now, how this happened, is once you go through the teleporter, and you walk to him, you can't talk unless you go out of his range and then back in. This may be because the teleporter is too close to Sohomer Sunblade. That's my best guess.

~Thank You
--------------------------

Nora Night GrandMaster Thaumaturge
Is this really a big deal? I have noticed it but i dont really care.

Fallon Lotusleaf level 47 and soon to be

"Life is a gift Death is an option

Survivor
Feb 01, 2010
not sure if this is right board to post this. but in the last week I keep getting disconnected from game checked all my connections. and even had cable company come out and check problem they said it's not on this end. I also tried to re down load game and that didn't work what can I do to fix this problem.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
pete379 on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
not sure if this is right board to post this. but in the last week I keep getting disconnected from game checked all my connections. and even had cable company come out and check problem they said it's not on this end. I also tried to re down load game and that didn't work what can I do to fix this problem.
You might want to send an e-mail to support@wizard101.com and ask them to help you with this. Be sure to give them your UserName in the game, and explain the problem to them. It would probably help them even more if you would attach a DxDiag report to your e-mail. This link to the Help Section gives details on how to create a DxDiag report:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/help-faq

Part of it says: To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your reply email.

One other note: you might have a chance to get more replies if you post a "new" thread when you have something different than the original posting. Otherwise, your question might get buried in a list of replies on the other person's thread. On this thread, your problem was completely unrelated to the original post. That's called hijacking a thread, which we try not to do.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
pete379 on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
Sorry but, no this is not the right topic. You need to contact support. Please check the topic Professor Greyrose has posted in this same forum about getting help from KI support.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/how-to-get-help-from-kingsisle-34317