Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How did it get the name?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
How did Ravenwood get the name um... Ravenwood?

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
i am not sure prolly cause the school trees bartleby and his cousin the raven

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
In King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, there was a place called Raven's Wood. Also, Bartleby and Grandmother Raven make Raven-wood.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
critical blizzard on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
i am not sure prolly cause the school trees bartleby and his cousin the raven
no offense, but that makes no sense. I need to know from an administrator, please.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Mel8216 on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
no offense, but that makes no sense. I need to know from an administrator, please.
I'm not sure either how Ravenwood got it's name. If I were to take a guess, much of Ravenwood is surrounded by trees like a forest, possibly making the "-wood" part of it. Also if you stop and listen and look around closely, you'll notice Ravens hover the buildings, creating the "Raven-" piece. Also, if you've payed attention to the story, Grandfather Tree, Bartleby, (the tree) and Grandmother Raven, Lady Nightstar, (the raven) our siblings (not cousins). They are the oldest beings in the Spiral. It it posssible that the school's name is meant to honor these two great forces. I mean, Bartleby is part of our school emblem.

It also could simply be some genius in Kingsisle created the first name for Wizard101's school and they stuck with it. Or Bartleby and Grandmother Raven came first and somehow that pieces began to fit together.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
I'm not sure either how Ravenwood got it's name. If I were to take a guess, much of Ravenwood is surrounded by trees like a forest, possibly making the "-wood" part of it. Also if you stop and listen and look around closely, you'll notice Ravens hover the buildings, creating the "Raven-" piece. Also, if you've payed attention to the story, Grandfather Tree, Bartleby, (the tree) and Grandmother Raven, Lady Nightstar, (the raven) our siblings (not cousins). They are the oldest beings in the Spiral. It it posssible that the school's name is meant to honor these two great forces. I mean, Bartleby is part of our school emblem.

It also could simply be some genius in Kingsisle created the first name for Wizard101's school and they stuck with it. Or Bartleby and Grandmother Raven came first and somehow that pieces began to fit together.
That makes sense, but ya did not have to right so much! You could of just said they were siblings, ha ha. Well thank you for the note!