Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Instead of Lowering Resist, Increase Piercing

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
All of these rants are getting on my nerves. KI, you've done okay, but all of the gear is either resist or pierce. I've stated in another thread that I think that there should be the same resist as waterworks, but with piercing. Players will use this because everyone is dying to have resist, but this will also help defend yourself while still going offensive.

Go ahead, criticize my idea.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
If everyone got lots of pierce, what would be the point of resist? In normal battles, this pierce, depending on how much it was, would greatly lessen or completely negate the resist of people without jade gear. I do not think that this is the solution.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
guys piercing is fine how it is and so is resist

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Aaron SpellThief on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
If everyone got lots of pierce, what would be the point of resist? In normal battles, this pierce, depending on how much it was, would greatly lessen or completely negate the resist of people without jade gear. I do not think that this is the solution.
Steadily the resist and piercing would increase on this types of gear. Do you have something you can build on this with instead of just criticizing? I'm also saying the pierce would be about half of the resist given, so you could use things like Unstoppable and Infallible to combat the extra resist.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
Steadily the resist and piercing would increase on this types of gear. Do you have something you can build on this with instead of just criticizing? I'm also saying the pierce would be about half of the resist given, so you could use things like Unstoppable and Infallible to combat the extra resist.
Resist won't be solved by extra pierce, because pierce doesn't work. Pierce only affects the first blocking mechanism it encounters, so if you gave 60% pierce or so, I could throw up a 70% shield and you'd be going against a 10% shield, and then a 82% resist. Pierce should never go higher than 33%, but should count towards everything. so I have a tower and you use a spell with 33% pierce, and it would encounter a 17% shield, and then a 49% resist. Kingsisle made a good choice coming out with pierce, but they didn't quite get it right.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
The simple solution would be to take out jade gear from pvp, or just 1v1, where it is mostly the problem.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Aaron SpellThief on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
The simple solution would be to take out jade gear from pvp, or just 1v1, where it is mostly the problem.
Obviously they aren't doing that.