Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best pets on wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2012
I have heard some people ask what is the best pet on wizard101 and I wonder too. I think the best pet is the nightmare. My nightmare is named patch. He is a cute and helpful pet. He is at ancient and he casts unicorn and death trap by himself and gives me the cards meteor and feint. He sure does have character. He is loyal but stubborn and casts spell sometimes that are useless but has saved me many times from being defeated in battle. I give him something from a battle that I earned whenever he helps me a lot in the battle. so I suggest get the nightmare. It only comes around October but its still worth the wait. even though I am fire and he is a death pet he is still useful to any school.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
neytiri41793 on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
I have heard some people ask what is the best pet on wizard101 and I wonder too. I think the best pet is the nightmare. My nightmare is named patch. He is a cute and helpful pet. He is at ancient and he casts unicorn and death trap by himself and gives me the cards meteor and feint. He sure does have character. He is loyal but stubborn and casts spell sometimes that are useless but has saved me many times from being defeated in battle. I give him something from a battle that I earned whenever he helps me a lot in the battle. so I suggest get the nightmare. It only comes around October but its still worth the wait. even though I am fire and he is a death pet he is still useful to any school.
Great pets are all a matter of taste. I have a nightmare. I rarely equip it. I prefer other pets instead.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
The highest pet pedigree for a 1st gen. Pet is a sea dragon.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
Sounds good!

Pets all have their classes, and mostly pets that are the same class as you, would help you much much better. for example, a frost crow pet, is an ice. if it ages up, it can possibly have little stats that help you, like after it becomes an adult, it might get to increases power pip chance by 2% or some small things like that. Usually in my experience, my fire pets like to increase the power pip chance every time they grow up...

Moving on, the best pet would also usually be the pet with a LOT of um........i don't know what they are called um...those little numbers that stick aside your pet o____o........ANYWAYS, if you DO get what i mean, then lets carry on...

Pets that have a high amount of those number things, sort of show how rare, erm... special they are. you can still have really low level pets and have them heal, or increase your powers, or even have their cards, its just real luck here, in the big ol' pet pavilion.

Your death pet, luckily (For being a death pet), he can cast traps. one of the useful things in death, is they can cast all-around traps. like those balance traps.... and they are really useful if you don't use a move that attacks over-time. Death is a pretty good class, even for a pet! But everyone has their types of styles....

Well...heh i guess thats all i got. Peace~

Nora Night Master Thaumaturge

Squire
May 10, 2013
This is my opinion, I like Deer Knight the best because...

1. The Talents (Half of them are Epic!)
  2. Derby (It is like a Trojan Horse) [AWESOME DERBY STUFF]
  3. What it gives (Feint is a great spell, because its helpful for hard bosses)
  4. Get you quick to a Warlord (I am a Warlord in PvP and Derby)
  5. Great Help for PvP (It can cast Deer Knight itself, Berserk, Feint!)
  6. Helping You Everywhere You Go! (Buy the Purreau's Pet Pack Its tons of goods!)

Blaze HawkRider Level 78

Survivor
Jul 15, 2012
thanks for comments i am going to train a few of my favorite pets and i will comment back if they show good quality and i just got too ultra rare pets! ram warrior and a smith. i do have to say i have tons of pets i have been over run! i only keep won of each kind

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Best first gen pets in my opinion:
Ice: Starfish. Has resist talents, may cast iceblade, may cast spritely.
Other: Sea dragon. Resist talent, may cast spritely, damage, accuracy etc, useful.
The winter owl which is also not that bad, but it is seasonal. (Not sure if it is coming back though...)

Squire
May 10, 2013
The Top Pets in Wizard101 Are: (In a countdown from 10)

10. Ghost Hound
9. Trojan Horse
8. Storm Lord
7. Humungofrog
6. Aqua Dragon
5. Pioneer Dragon
4. Meow Wing
3. Nightmare
2. Sea Dragon
1. DEER KNIGHT!

Gratz to the Deer Knight, Sea Dragon and Nightmare for Winning the Top Countdown of Pets.

The Pet Hatcher

Sean HawkHunter