Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI! crowns and then some

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
This may not be very clear so while reading think about game experience and i don't mean you but others also.

The fact that crowns are the only way to really enjoy the game (besides friend gifting and certificates) is really disappointing. I mean I really enjoyed the game, when it first started off. You know why? competition. Every player had competition ahead, we were on equal ground seeing who can lvl up and learn that new awesome spell. and i think we need more of that.

And i do not mean PVP, that's a different kind of competition. However, now we have this huge gap in between and it has to do with crowns. Anyway the crowns for everything is becoming gruesome some of these cool stuff can not be brought with gold at least some should
[ (just make it at high price in gold) those who need it bad would work for it. ]

KI this is what happens, and I'm pretty sure you're aware.
You invite a friend to play Wizard101

Me: Hey you want to play Wizard101
Friend: sure how?

(after showing him how and giving my friend code)

Me: Ok i'll help you out just pm me when you need it
Friend: cool later
Me: later

(some time after)

Friend: hey I need to go cyclops lane but I'm getting this thing to buy this area?
Me:o ya, For you to go, you need to get subscription for free access or crowns to buy the place
Friend: aw man I really want to go

(friend goes and buys a card pack at store)

(clicking on my friend, then go to location to see where he is)
Me: cool you got in?
Friend: ya
Me: awesome

(...)

Friend: hey just how many places like this is there in the game
Me: i don't really count but i'd say twin ty
Me: just check it on the site under playing options
Friend(ten minutes later): oh ...

(friend log in and out of game but not as much as he used to)

(years passed never saw him again)

Another thing. Years ago(1 or 2)

I was reading somewhere that parents were saying that Wizard101 taught kids to work hard for what they want because in the game if you need something you need to sweat and work for it. But crowns now are making people lazy and stuck. They need a spell crowns! They need some wind-breaking stats-100's critical, crowns! They need a friend hey crowns? ooook .... weird and not cool

Recap

The Game should come to a point where a player shouldn't think twice about whether to get a subscription or crowns thinking of which would cost less money.

I have so many ideas for this game but Alas i don't think KI will notice or at least give feedback that they might consoder, so this may all be in vain.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Everything here. I agree with. This is the truth. I understand why there is only one free zone, but that zone is not enough to encourage people to pay for more of the game.

Survivor
May 05, 2013
Eric Crowspear on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
Everything here. I agree with. This is the truth. I understand why there is only one free zone, but that zone is not enough to encourage people to pay for more of the game.
That one zone encouraged me to play more...and spend more. You're looking at it from a veterans perspective. To a noob like me though, it definitely dragged me in. The only complaint I have with this game is the insane item drop rates from packs.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The game was never meant to be totally free. As others have stated, you get areas at the beginning to see if you like the game. You have a choice to continue. To do so costs money. All other games such as this operate the same way. KI is a business, let's not forget that. Serving over 30 million users doesn't come free.

To say that the only way to play the game is to buy crowns gear just isn't accurate. I've found that most crowns gear isnt' all that great and no longer waste my money on it.

While I do agree that a play to pay system can go to far, and KI is approaching that level, they do offer many options for gold. Such as mounts and houses, etc. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything. And this game can be a great learning tool for kids...IF their parents to give them whatever they want. That's a parenting issue, not a KI issue. The word, "no," does exist, and should be used much more than it is, evidently.