Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't find a thing when I need it

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2013
I was questing a lot and leveled up a lot. I then stepped into the pvp arena and got it handed to me. That's not the problem. When I finally got some strategy down and started winning again, I noticed just how hard it was to find what I needed. I'm level 48 with secondary . I can't find a thing, so the question is: how do you make your deck good. Do you use the whole deck? I have the level 45 deck and it almost completely fills up the spell page. I have my deck in three's with 2 spectral minions and 2 manders, 2 reshuffles with an amulet reshuffle. What spells should be in and which should be out?

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
kylesar1 on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
I was questing a lot and leveled up a lot. I then stepped into the pvp arena and got it handed to me. That's not the problem. When I finally got some strategy down and started winning again, I noticed just how hard it was to find what I needed. I'm level 48 with secondary . I can't find a thing, so the question is: how do you make your deck good. Do you use the whole deck? I have the level 45 deck and it almost completely fills up the spell page. I have my deck in three's with 2 spectral minions and 2 manders, 2 reshuffles with an amulet reshuffle. What spells should be in and which should be out?
This was a little big confusing, but I'm going to respond assuming that it means what do you put in your deck. I'm a Jade, so my standard deck would probably be one attack, reshuffles, and a lot of shields. Assuming you don't do that, so what I would advise is 3 Mander minions, 2 Reshuffles, Level 10+ Nightshade amulet (Once you hit 50 get jewel of the feint). You'll want 3 Judgement, 2 Power Novas, and 1 Sandstorm. If you don't have life mastery amulet then don't even worry about life spells, just equip 1 Satyr, 2 life double shields, 4 Helping Hands, 4 Balanceblade, 2 Bladestorm, 2 Hexes, 3 Spirit Shields 3 Elemental Shields, and I hope you either have tower or can put training points towards it. If you can then use 3 magma shields and as many towers as possible. use maximum weakness, and maximum black mantle. If you have remaining space, add in Spirit Defuse and Elemental Defuse 2 each if you have them, and maybe some balance dispels. Some people like to say "Aww those defuse spells aren't useful", but if it ends up stopping a shatter, foiling a feint, and silencing a satyr, then its worth it.(Yea I know, great alliteration). Tc deck needs to be Tower Shield Weakness and 3 Monstrous cards, along with 1-3 Availing Hands. Assuming you have a working tactic, but just in case, one that has worked for me is summon minion and shield, casting the same debuffs as it does as it uses them. So it Black Mantles you Black Mantle. if they summon a minion, throw a power nova or sandstorm at them. Use normal weakness with the minion if they aren't bladed up to much, if they are apply an amulet or treasure card one.

Talon TalonKnight 10-0
(Have warlords in other schools, just haven't used balance in second era much. This advice is backed by experience)

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Since you're balance you have a major upper hand. Pack on the shields cause that is what gets balance winning. Put all your balance blades in cause I think you guys have many, maybe put some heals if you feel its necessary, i don't think it is for you. Don't bother with minions, if it works well for you then continue but for myself it's a waste of pips for those worthless things. One reshuffle is good enough ( 2 if you wanna be safe but you're not gonna be reshuffling all round), if you have traps put some of those. And since you should be shielding during the match it stalls for you to put blades and traps and gain pips, do that and attack with judgement and bam. winner, always gets me killed as a storm :P hope i helped!

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Brother Kylesar1,

I am a great, but not so perfect Balance duelist and I learned many tricks and tactics from a website called Duelist101. If you want to do some reading on how you can improve your skills you may click the website below.

(Balance) Level 28, Angel Hex

"I am the Avatar, also known as: "The chosen one". Here to be the Savior of Wizard City!"

- Angel Hex