Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New! Deck Renaming Feature

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Players now have the option to choose a new temporary name for a deck they have in their inventory!

Look for the new button on your Spell Deck Tab that will let you rename your deck! (Press P on your keyboard when you're not in a duel to bring up your Spell Deck)

Click the button and you can choose from a selection of options to rename your deck. This will allow you to better organize different decks for different bosses or encounters, as well as PvP. The Deck name you choose will display in your backpack, however the original name of the Deck will display when you inspect the deck by placing your mouse cursor over its name.

In accordance with our ongoing safety protocols, players will not be able to enter their own name for decks but can choose from the menu to create a new deck name.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 31, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
Players now have the option to choose a new temporary name for a deck they have in their inventory!

Look for the new button on your Spell Deck Tab that will let you rename your deck! (Press P on your keyboard when you're not in a duel to bring up your Spell Deck)

Click the button and you can choose from a selection of options to rename your deck. This will allow you to better organize different decks for different bosses or encounters, as well as PvP. The Deck name you choose will display in your backpack, however the original name of the Deck will display when you inspect the deck by placing your mouse cursor over its name.

In accordance with our ongoing safety protocols, players will not be able to enter their own name for decks but can choose from the menu to create a new deck name.
oh my gosh thats so cool i didnt see that wow now can you guys help in a problem plz reply

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
That's great! Makes it so much easier to distinguish between boss, mob, small, large, and pvp decks.

WOOT!

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
I love this! I only wish farming was one of the words we could use for naming.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
That's great! Makes it so much easier to distinguish between boss, mob, small, large, and pvp decks.

WOOT!
I have to agree. I have started running my Life in Az again and helping a friend as well and have found I only remember which deck I used for Bosses and General. With all the decks I do carry, now, I can reconstruct them and name them for their purpose.

@Girlyfiedgirl, since it appears "NONE" might be an option, Try using that for a farming deck. At least you will know not to equip it for anything else. I haven't tried naming any of mine yet, but I also have a farming deck as do many others. It would be nice if KI would add "Farming" to the options.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I never knew that :o ... THANK YOU this is great !

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Super! We've wanted that for a while. Thanks :D

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Favorite update. Maybe add choices of "1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4"?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Rony The Turtle on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
You can say "PvP 1" "PvP 2" "PvP 3" etc. Some more options for names would be nice though. "Mobs" "Healing" "Boost" or "Buff". It's very nice to have the feature anyway :D

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Rony The Turtle on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
You could do "PvP 1", "PvP 2" "PvP 3", and "PvP 4"

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
I've been saving the treasure cards I need for crafting in one deck so that I don't use or sell them on accident. So a "saved" deck title would be nice, otherwise I really like the naming.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
That is a great idea!
Can you have names like "mob" and "farm" in there as well? That would be perfect, as we call our decks that already in practice.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
As we all know there has been a new update in which we can change our deck names such as "ice boss 1" etc etc. I was all excited blah blah blah but when I clicked on my deck page or pressed "p" the new button is not there . Is there something you need to do first? Is this option only for players that pay membership with credit cards/on the website? I have a prepaid card membership. Thank you for all replies .

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
Stormgem307 on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
As we all know there has been a new update in which we can change our deck names such as "ice boss 1" etc etc. I was all excited blah blah blah but when I clicked on my deck page or pressed "p" the new button is not there . Is there something you need to do first? Is this option only for players that pay membership with credit cards/on the website? I have a prepaid card membership. Thank you for all replies .
It's only on the test realm right now, it hasn't gone live yet.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
pods1973 on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
That is a great idea!
Can you have names like "mob" and "farm" in there as well? That would be perfect, as we call our decks that already in practice.
My opinion -
These decks are already on a specific School Wizards so having the school name (Ice, Storm, Balance, Etc) as an option is not so useful.

Useful terms to consider for Deck names for some wizards are:
  • Farm - For quick hitting decks for farming bosses for gear or gold
  • Store - For storage of Treasure cards that they use for crafting or future use
  • Mob - Again for fights with non-Boss npc characters.

I personally maintain an Excel Spreadsheet that is a lot more detailed that what is being offered in this update. But of course that is me and the way I like to maintain my decks. For those interested you can view a picture of my excel spreadsheet on W101Central here:
www.wizard101central.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=390670&d=1374180960

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
The school names could be used for the school we are fighting - like "ice boss" might have ice shields and pierce in it. I'd like to have Mob, Heal, Farm, Buff, Tank, Big Hit labels as well as the ones now. Thank you for adding this feature!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
A menu of boss names & places would be awesome. If the deck naming interface scrolled like the one we use now to name our wizards there'd be room for all the current deck name options, and it could be expanded to include specifics - Luska - Hit -, Luska - Buff, Aztaca - Myth - Mobs, Mirror Lake - Ice - Mob, Farming - Halfang, etc. I love that deck naming has been added. It can be made more useful with more text options. Thanks!

Off-topic, but very important - specific boss, place, pet, and item names should also be added to the menu chat.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
Prince of Shadows on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
A menu of boss names & places would be awesome. If the deck naming interface scrolled like the one we use now to name our wizards there'd be room for all the current deck name options, and it could be expanded to include specifics - Luska - Hit -, Luska - Buff, Aztaca - Myth - Mobs, Mirror Lake - Ice - Mob, Farming - Halfang, etc. I love that deck naming has been added. It can be made more useful with more text options. Thanks!

Off-topic, but very important - specific boss, place, pet, and item names should also be added to the menu chat.
This is a fabulous idea, but boss specific would not be necessary if there was high demand locations:
Waterworks - Tower of the Helephant - Mirror Lake

With that we can at least name the deck Waterworks 1, Waterworks 2 for both bosses that reside.

Along with the previous suggestions - Minions or Mobs - Store - Farm

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Any possibility of "helper deck"? My death has completed every quest I can find, so I don't use him much, except for farming and helping others.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2013
DragonLady1818 on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
I have to agree. I have started running my Life in Az again and helping a friend as well and have found I only remember which deck I used for Bosses and General. With all the decks I do carry, now, I can reconstruct them and name them for their purpose.

@Girlyfiedgirl, since it appears "NONE" might be an option, Try using that for a farming deck. At least you will know not to equip it for anything else. I haven't tried naming any of mine yet, but I also have a farming deck as do many others. It would be nice if KI would add "Farming" to the options.
I also agree Farming should be added But other than that this is the best idea i think KI has come up with i was starting to not like wizard101 but now this is great Because of pvp i can finally sort all my decks out :)

Cole thunderhead level 39 life

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
That's SO awesome! I have many different decks and get the same decks as drops and when it comes time to sell sometimes I may sell the wrong deck and have to recreate it all over again.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Yay looking forward to this implementation!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Christo Deathgiver on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
My opinion -
These decks are already on a specific School Wizards so having the school name (Ice, Storm, Balance, Etc) as an option is not so useful.

Useful terms to consider for Deck names for some wizards are:
  • Farm - For quick hitting decks for farming bosses for gear or gold
  • Store - For storage of Treasure cards that they use for crafting or future use
  • Mob - Again for fights with non-Boss npc characters.

I personally maintain an Excel Spreadsheet that is a lot more detailed that what is being offered in this update. But of course that is me and the way I like to maintain my decks. For those interested you can view a picture of my excel spreadsheet on W101Central here:
www.wizard101central.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=390670&d=1374180960
Yes

Also, allow us to select the names of certain bosses, e.g. Luska, Belloq, Sylster, Cipactli, Ponce de Gibbon, Jabberwock all require very specific deck setups that aren't useful against generic bosses.

If you can pick the boss name from a list, that is consistent with safety concerns and allows us to help out wizards going through these dungeons more efficiently.