Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spritely

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Alura BH on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Brave Hound, from the code, is 100% to learn Spritely.
There is a chance if you hatched with one, the orgininal one is supposed to, but the ones that have been hatched have a chance.
How do you get the brave hound?
I never saw it in the crowns shop.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
MadisonWinterHorn on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
I just said, from the code. That is how you get it a 100% spritely talent from it. If you hatch with one, you may not get spirtely. The code was from last year in September.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Brave hounds were a gift from KI a while back, you needed to claim and redeem the code to get them.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
MadisonWinterHorn on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Has anyone here EVER seen a pet evil sandman with spritly?
yes i have seen a evil sandman with spritly before

Squire
May 10, 2013
MadisonWinterHorn on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Has anyone here EVER seen a pet evil sandman with spritly?
I have. In fact I saw a Evil Sandman with Drop It! (May Cast Disarm)

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
brianna fairydust on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
i hatch with someone with the bear (healing and resist) and i had a jade oni (may cast hex spell and accaury) we hatch a bear! :D by any chance will meh bear get the healing? pppplllllzzzzz o.o
Yes, if your parent pet got it, it is most likely the offspring will get it. Along the family tree, the same talents pop up. Other talents get dropped along the way, so train your parents up high before hatching so you know the potential and probable talents.

Squire
May 10, 2013
This pet has retired. This pet is only available in Summer (during Pet - A - Palooza) maybe a chance Kingsisle selling this (for 9,500 crowns or less)

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
brianna fairydust on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
i hatch with someone with the bear (healing and resist) and i had a jade oni (may cast hex spell and accaury) we hatch a bear! :D by any chance will meh bear get the healing? pppplllllzzzzz o.o
Um... It's called a Polar Bear Cub. Mine has a selfish talent, then may cast freeze. Good enough?

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Alura BH on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
Um... It's called a Polar Bear Cub. Mine has a selfish talent, then may cast freeze. Good enough?
Too cute.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
the only way of knowing that your next pet will be getting a specific talent is if the 2 pets that were hatching together both had that talent

Sarah SparkleCloud 95 pet warlord
Tanner DeathBlade 48

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
xwagnerx10 on Nov 25, 2013 wrote:
the only way of knowing that your next pet will be getting a specific talent is if the 2 pets that were hatching together both had that talent

Sarah SparkleCloud 95 pet warlord
Tanner DeathBlade 48
That's not true really. Each pet has 10 talents in their "dna". They each put 5 into the new pet. Hatching can give ANY 5 of those 10 from each parent, even talents that were never learned. So while the odds are better if both parents have a talent, it's no guarantee that the hatched will learn that talent or even HAVE the possibility of learning it.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2013
Each pet gets its own talents no telling what you might get so good luck

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I saw a video on this, and one of the best ways to increase chances of getting Spritely is:

1.Make sure your pet can get Spritely

2.Train it and feed it so you have will (or intellect I forgot) on it's highest. (I'm pretty sure it's the 4th attribute on the list though)

3. Keep doing it until you get Spritely or you can't train your pet any more.

I'm doing this with my new pet Starfish (named it Luna. Get it?) and hoping it'll earn Spritely.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
hi guys just to let that if you train it on WILL it might give every time i have i have got spritely or unicorn and fairy so i all ways train will but on my phonix pet i trained will and i didnt get it so idk about school pets so good luck anyone that trys this if it dont work on teen go tell epic you should get it

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
SoupWizard64 on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
I saw a video on this, and one of the best ways to increase chances of getting Spritely is:

1.Make sure your pet can get Spritely

2.Train it and feed it so you have will (or intellect I forgot) on it's highest. (I'm pretty sure it's the 4th attribute on the list though)

3. Keep doing it until you get Spritely or you can't train your pet any more.

I'm doing this with my new pet Starfish (named it Luna. Get it?) and hoping it'll earn Spritely.
People really need to stop spreading these false rumors.

What you feed your pet and how you train it have NOTHING to do with what talents they learn. This is easily verified with test realm training. Train a pet in test realm with anything to get it to next level, you'll get a talent. Train the same pet in the real realm using totally different games and snacks... Guess what? YOU GET THE SAME TALENT. Talents are completely predetermined when you hatch. It takes work to get a perfect pet. It's all about the talents the pet's parents have in their genes. It doesn't really even matter if they know the talent. Each pet has 10 "genes" for talents, they each put 5 into a new pet. You get 10 total talent "genes" in the new pet and will learn only 5 of them. How fast your train them, what games you use, mega-snack vs regular... NONE of it changes the outcome.