Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deck expansion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
Hi y'all!

I'm wondering when, if ever, the gurus that be will devise a way to allow for decks larger than 65 cards.
I have more than 65 spells, so it stands to reason that I cannot put everything Iwant/need in my deck.

2 solutions have come to mind, if anyone is interested:

Solution #1 simply add a second page to the deck allowing us to pick more spells for availability durning battle.

Solution #2 have seperate, limited size (depending on player level) files with each school's spell type located within said files. During card selection, nothing really changes, except the number of each school/type spell which can be made available, but during battle, the wizard is allowed to choose what school his next card will come from. For example, if a life student has a second school of storm, and he needs a kraken, or another storm spell, for whatever reason, he can click on the storm school emblem to indicate that he'd like a storm card next round. Treasure card selection would be left alone, this would be implemented only in the main spell deck.

I'm just tired of not having enough space for all the spells I need.

Christina L.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Interesting post. Having 65 spells and you want to squeeeeeeze them all into your deck.

Everybody has their own strategies. My general purpose PvE deck has about 6 different types of spells totaling about 15-20 spell cards. This way I am certain to get the spells I want when I want them. Also the spells from my amulet and pet become worthwhile and used frequently (extra traps and feints that I can stack). A couple backup spells and reshuffle tc's thrown in for emergencies. I always consider 'passing' on a round a complete waste and an indication of my own poor ability to setup my deck properly.

If you farm bosses alot you learn the ramifications of probability and randomness. If you have a large deck sometimes you will simply not get the cards you need... they will be at the bottom of your deck. Statistically this will happen and you will lose because of it. Example: getting no convert prisms. Another example: getting nothing but high pip attack spells for your first 5 rounds (no blades, traps, shields etc). If you battle with a huge deck this will happen with greater frequency. You get defeated because of the laws of probability and randomness.

I don't PvP so perhaps different strategies there. But I would think players would still run into the same issues. But I fully understand PvP decks will be much bigger than PvE decks. But making decks even larger will increase the probability of you losing because the cards you need are not available. Without being a PvP guru I would think increased deck sizes would also benifit defensive strategies much more than offensive, dragging battles out even longer.

Happy Wizarding, RottenHeart, Lvl 90