Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Miss first tournament match, get kicked out?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
RL interfered and I managed to log in four minutes after my tournament started. And I understand that I would be declared the loser automatically for the first battle. But I'm not invited to any of the other rounds in that tournament!

Does it say anywhere that if you miss the first match you are kicked out of that entire tournament? If it does, please point me to those rules because I want to re-read them.

Or if this is a glitch, I would like to request a refund, please.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
If you lose any match you are still in.I have not done one in live realm but have in test.Me and some girl won the first second and forth.We lost the 3rd because I was afk.But we got 2nd place and claimed our rewards.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
Tyler, that was not really relevant to my question. But congratulations on 2nd place.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
It says:
"You must be on WHEN the tournament starts, or else you will not be able to play the tournament at all."
Sorry, you logged on 4 minutes AFTER it started, so you couldn't play. I feel really sorry for you. If you were my friend, i would of freaked out cause you wouldnt be in it, and i would be really sad for you. Well, i hoped this helped, i feel sorry to break the news.
Hannah MoonStone, lvl 30
"Live life the fullest, like every day is your last."
P.S. I feel really sorry for you spending all those crowns and not getting in.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
I hope you wouldn't freak out too much.

But you're right. I played a tournament last night and saw that message right after I paid the crowns. So no refund for me. And that's fair.

Historian
May 06, 2009
SiliconWolf6 on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:

But you're right. I played a tournament last night and saw that message right after I paid the crowns. So no refund for me. And that's fair.
When I tried tourneys on test, if they're weren't enough players to start or not enough players my level, my next try at another tourney would be free, so I think that's fair. If you miss a tourney, I feel your next tourney should be free to replace the one you misses (you still would have spent 849 or 499 for one Tourney).

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
SiliconWolf6 on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:

Actually Diego will grant you a tournament point. A tournament point is when you miss the whole match(you signed up for it but you showed up late). It will grant you free access to any tournament match (1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 ext), or if Diego did not put you in a bracket, he will give you a tournament point.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
Gobbler Junior on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
Actually Diego will grant you a tournament point. A tournament point is when you miss the whole match(you signed up for it but you showed up late). It will grant you free access to any tournament match (1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 ext), or if Diego did not put you in a bracket, he will give you a tournament point.
Yes that happened to me
Hannah Moonstone lvl 38 theurgist
"Live life to the fullest, like every day is your last."