Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Power Pip Problem

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
So I'm dueling the banshee boss in the Vault of Ice ( this happened many other places too) and I had one power pip and one regular pip. But I couldn't cast my rank 3 spell! And I had enough mana, too. Later I had two power pips and I could cast a rank 4 spell. What's with this? Sometimes it won't count as 2 pips like it should! And even weirder, I had 2 regular pips and a power pip, and I could cast Meteor Strike (rank 4) but not Humungofrog ( also rank 4)! What is with this? Please fix this bug, it makes duels very unfair!

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
unless you use a mastery amulet of that school.

Boris star wraith

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
SoupWizard64 on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
So I'm dueling the banshee boss in the Vault of Ice ( this happened many other places too) and I had one power pip and one regular pip. But I couldn't cast my rank 3 spell! And I had enough mana, too. Later I had two power pips and I could cast a rank 4 spell. What's with this? Sometimes it won't count as 2 pips like it should! And even weirder, I had 2 regular pips and a power pip, and I could cast Meteor Strike (rank 4) but not Humungofrog ( also rank 4)! What is with this? Please fix this bug, it makes duels very unfair!
not a bug~ power pips count double for your school only, unless you have a mastery amulet from the crown shop. so if your fire wizard has 2 power pips, for example, she can either cast a meteor strike (rank 4 school spell) or a rank 2 spell from any other school.

(all of this is explained to you in the tutorial quest you receive at level 5; if you haven't completed it, go visit diego in unicorn way to do so).

good luck,
-v.

90 and
32 and

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
SoupWizard64 on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
Go see Diego the Duelmaster as you should have at level 6. He talked about power pips.

Power pips count for your school only.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Oh ok. I did the pvp thing, I guess I wasn't really listening. Thanks everyone!

Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
i have a power pip problem i just got lucky on knight lore pack and got deer knight. the problem is they said power pips count but it is not counting my power pips pls help.