Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca as a ice Is fun

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 27, 2009
I mean I just started the world but it's really easy for me.

John AshForge Level 83 ice

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Clumsy Sebastion L... on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:

You are right, Azteca is easy but it gets more challenging the farther you get.Like, you may be dealing with rank 12 bosses with about 10,000 health but later their health will double to about 20,000 (Rank 13). But Azteca is hard for a lot of people but you and I think it is easy.

Adam Wintersinger Level 90 Thaumaturge Lord Of The Falling Sky

Wolf Strongbright Level 82 Theurgist Knight of the Wyrd (I know he is too high for Lake Shore)

Luke Dragonblood Level 41 Sorcerer Hero Of Marleybone

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Clumsy Sebastion L... on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:

that's because the first mobs you fight are fire~ ice boosts against them, and is the only school that has the stats required to survive in azteca.

azteca was slow torture for my balance wizard; when your only healing spells are over time and you have no efficient way to break shields or wand off weakness, it's pretty much a requirement that you have at least one other person with you at all times (or a myth mastery amulet, for all the shattering that's required).

having my same-level ice friend with me for most of azteca was a huge help, because it made the whole thing less boring. but there were many times when help from friends was not an option... i died 29 times, trying to get my level 88 spell, which is so utterly ridiculous that g-rated words fail me.

my necromancer had a much-easier time. he soloed 95% of azteca, through twin giants, with no real problems, and his level 88 spell quest was super-easy, compared to what my poor balance wizard went through to get hers... he was in and out of that dungeon within a half-hour, and i imagine that a life wizard would fare similarly.

next up is my archmage diviner~ she is in three points, and i'm dreading it. even with a combo of waterworks and avalon crafted gear, she doesn't have anywhere near the health, resist, or block that's needed to make it in azteca.

-v.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Oh dear. I'm really dreading logging back on to collect stuff. (Defeat and don't collect quests. Again. -sighs-) Scarlet is blazing through Azteca, but only because she has found friends to help her with it. I'm sad to say, that I can't seem to solo very much anymore. If I do solo something a typical fight lasts for around 20 minutes (>.<) and I usually end up not collecting.

The worst part isn't these fights though. It's the boss fights. While I can solo them I've ended up spending over an hour and a half on some. That's not the kind of time I want to spend on any boss who doesn't cheat. Considering my schedule, even though I do have time free I'd also like to spend some time off the computer. (Preferably with a good book and my pets nearby. ^.^)

Anyways, moving on. I do have to say that Azteca is quite a treat for the eyes. I love the graphics and the work that's gone into them. It is a beautiful world that I like looking at. I may want to take Alura through it just to see how she fares.

Good luck questing.

Scarlet Nightdreamer, level 89 Diviner
Alura Unicornglade, level 45 Thaumaturge

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
You are a lucky duck, my friend.

I am , and it ain't fun for us. While the school of is meant to work in teams (which I am fine with) sometimes you can't get someone to help. I usually don't quest there unless my quest partner, Alura is on. She is , and I can boost her easily while also attacking and weakening the enemy, then she finishes them off easy.

As Von said, the first mob is fire, which you boost agaisnt. You also have amazing health (I once saw someone with 8,000! of ) The attacks are powerful and you still have much remaining health left. Ice can solo well at high levels.

Me and Alura are currently in Alto Alto. I will warn you it will get harder, but as I don't have an ice wizard, I am not sure if it will get harder for you.

But you are a very lucky duck, because Azteca is torture for me

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
Wizards can solo Azteca a lot. I always end up with full health when I'm finished with battles.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Myth is a pain in Azteca ... My best wizard, Blaze Mythmancer, is having trouble with Azteca because of the boss's health . I find Celestial Calendar a little bit under my expectations, so ever time I face a boss I lose by a string of health sometimes

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
TheAwesomeMyth on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
Myth is a pain in Azteca ... My best wizard, Blaze Mythmancer, is having trouble with Azteca because of the boss's health . I find Celestial Calendar a little bit under my expectations, so ever time I face a boss I lose by a string of health sometimes
So I shouldn't be in a hurry to get to Lvl 90?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Ice is probably the easiest to solo through Azteca. My L90 ice has completely soloed the game, including all side dungeons. But, that's because I know how to play Ice very well. Some battles take longer, because our base spell damage isn't good, plus our regular damage boosts aren't very high, and Ice has to buff a lot to get a decent hit.

My L90 Balance, which has finished Azteca, is a whole different story. I struggled with her. I borrowed friends whenever I could, as Balance mobs and most bosses would take forever to defeat. I carried a LOT of cleanse charm in my side deck, because Balance can't wand off weakness (with blades up) or shields. It was slow torture.

Death will have an easier time soloing the world. Life will struggle a bit. Myth will do well in the first portion of the world, but later on there are lots of Myth mobs and bosses that will make it very challenging. Fire will have more difficulty in the first half, and Storm will struggle throughout, because of low health.

Of course, teaming up is the best option, but that's not always going to happen, and someone - somewhere will have to do part/some/most of Azteca solo, because their friends aren't online, or they don't have very many friends, or the people they join a battle with aren't very good and you end up carrying them.

It will be interesting and scary at the same time as to what will happen when the next world comes out *shivers*

(BTW: Ice can not obtain 8,000 health, even with the best gear at this point in the game. 6,000+ health? Yeah, that can be obtained easily. My Ice has 6,120 - 6,475 health, depending on the gear I use. I have yet to see any Ice wizards with my health and stats.)

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
LOL, I have never seen another ice wizard in the Spiral with anywhere near super-tank Brynn's stats. I'm starting to think that such a thing does not exist...

I agree that Azteca is torture for Balance~ mine (also my first wizard through Azteca, for the rest of you) had super-tank Brynn with her almost the whole time, and I'm dreading the next world. At level 90, we are still the only school without a DoT or a way to get rid of shields and/or weakness. And no, Shatter and Cleanse Charm don't count, because they are off-school spells: no other school has to rely on other schools' spells like we do.

And don't worry about Val... Azteca is super-easy for Death, even with the Myth mobs and their earthquake spamming. His twin didn't have any real trouble with any of it and, because he doesn't do side quests, he's farther in the storyline than my Balance wizard is.

Sestiva has stayed put since she reached Azteca, and probably will wait for Val to come and rescue her. I'm afraid to send her out on her own, in part because her health is a joke and in part because there'll be nothing left of Azteca to fight in if I send her out with that steroid damage.

Sometimes, the best offense is... a good offense.

-v.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
wizardrokz on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:

I am , and it ain't fun for us. While the school of is meant to work in teams (which I am fine with) sometimes you can't get someone to help. I usually don't quest there unless my quest partner, Alura is on. She is , and I can boost her easily while also attacking and weakening the enemy, then she finishes them off easy.

As Von said, the first mob is fire, which you boost agaisnt. You also have amazing health (I once saw someone with 8,000! of ) The attacks are powerful and you still have much remaining health left. Ice can solo well at high levels.

Me and Alura are currently in Alto Alto. I will warn you it will get harder, but as I don't have an ice wizard, I am not sure if it will get harder for you.

Um ... I don't think ice can have 8,000 health. I am ice, but I don't have 8,000 health. I haven't seen that either...

-WolfyJonathan

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Laura Shadowsong on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
LOL, I have never seen another ice wizard in the Spiral with anywhere near super-tank Brynn's stats. I'm starting to think that such a thing does not exist...

I agree that Azteca is torture for Balance~ mine (also my first wizard through Azteca, for the rest of you) had super-tank Brynn with her almost the whole time, and I'm dreading the next world. At level 90, we are still the only school without a DoT or a way to get rid of shields and/or weakness. And no, Shatter and Cleanse Charm don't count, because they are off-school spells: no other school has to rely on other schools' spells like we do.

And don't worry about Val... Azteca is super-easy for Death, even with the Myth mobs and their earthquake spamming. His twin didn't have any real trouble with any of it and, because he doesn't do side quests, he's farther in the storyline than my Balance wizard is.

Sestiva has stayed put since she reached Azteca, and probably will wait for Val to come and rescue her. I'm afraid to send her out on her own, in part because her health is a joke and in part because there'll be nothing left of Azteca to fight in if I send her out with that steroid damage.

Sometimes, the best offense is... a good offense.

-v.
LOL, and we've done a LOT of gear comparisons, haven't we? I've seen some Ice that have stats close to mine, but are lacking the health I do.

Yup, Balance needs some serious evolving to be able to get through the higher levels. It's just plain torture now. Sad, because Balance is so great in a group, but stinks on it's own.

Been mostly working on gardening and pet hatching at the moment, but I'm hoping Val can start moving out of Dun Dara soon to meet up with Sestiva so they can quest Azteca together .... (such an odd couple - LOL). My Mummy Cat now has perfect talents (proof, defy, sprite, fairy, pain giver) and fantastic stats, so I'll have to hatch with yours, Von, so your Val can have an awesome Death pet, too.

Super-tank Brynn

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
Well kiddo's here is my new assumption... Azteca Is hard in some places and easy in others

I leveled up twice... Bout to level again

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
Ice is probably the easiest to solo through Azteca. My L90 ice has completely soloed the game, including all side dungeons. But, that's because I know how to play Ice very well. Some battles take longer, because our base spell damage isn't good, plus our regular damage boosts aren't very high, and Ice has to buff a lot to get a decent hit.

My L90 Balance, which has finished Azteca, is a whole different story. I struggled with her. I borrowed friends whenever I could, as Balance mobs and most bosses would take forever to defeat. I carried a LOT of cleanse charm in my side deck, because Balance can't wand off weakness (with blades up) or shields. It was slow torture.

Death will have an easier time soloing the world. Life will struggle a bit. Myth will do well in the first portion of the world, but later on there are lots of Myth mobs and bosses that will make it very challenging. Fire will have more difficulty in the first half, and Storm will struggle throughout, because of low health.

Of course, teaming up is the best option, but that's not always going to happen, and someone - somewhere will have to do part/some/most of Azteca solo, because their friends aren't online, or they don't have very many friends, or the people they join a battle with aren't very good and you end up carrying them.

It will be interesting and scary at the same time as to what will happen when the next world comes out *shivers*

(BTW: Ice can not obtain 8,000 health, even with the best gear at this point in the game. 6,000+ health? Yeah, that can be obtained easily. My Ice has 6,120 - 6,475 health, depending on the gear I use. I have yet to see any Ice wizards with my health and stats.)
What gear are you using? I have gear from Avalon for my hat and cloak.

Timothy Pearlflower L90

Champion
Aug 20, 2010

I just want to say to this, that balance can very well fight mob battles solo and it is not that hard. Before I finished Azteca I solo'd mob fights all the time, balance is capable of that. For example, when I did mob fights in Twin Giants, I would feint, enchant feint, enchant balance blade, and enchant blade storm + enchant ra = dead. No balance is not necessarily supposed to work in teams. No, I don't think you saw someone with 8,000 health. The most I have seen is 6,000. Don't tell people balance can not be independent in Azteca, I always say balance is weaker than other schools but Azteca is fun for

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012

Yay you mentioned me! Anyway, the first part of azteca, because of the fire mobs, was a pain in the neck for me. Now the fire enemies use efreet. With The Sword of Kings; double pain in the neck. Besides the questing, I think the sencery is beautiful.

• Alura Battleheart, lvl 89 (woo!)
  • Alura Rainheart, lvl 27
  • Brecken Storytalon, lvl 12

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Fire is so much easier to fight than say, ice or death.

Mass prism, colossal double bladed dragon sometimes finishes them on the first hit. Try that against the bloated ice mobs and see how many of them have double or triple tower themselves before you scrape together the pips.

Or death who are increasingly bloated and rely on weakness pigs and chain dragoning you on the first go.