Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 26, 2013
Hi, I was in a Practice Two Versus Two Pvp match, it was me (arch-mage) versus another arch-mage versus someone else and a Warlord (level 90) and we beat the opposing team. The Warlord was being a poor sport and saying such things as: My partner was useless (I got him early on with a critical basilisk, when he healed I used a critical earthquake to take him out again). I talked about how high my critical and block were after the match, he teleported right as I said that. He than private messaged me saying how bad it was (his was slightly higher than mine) and we got into an argument, he was calling me names, saying I should just sell my computer, stuff like that, all of this was in private chat. I reported him three times (some of the stuff he said was just hurtful/annoying) and I told him about it, and he said I was basically sending false reports and reporting myself since its private chat. Is that true?

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
doctorbasilisk on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
Hi, I was in a Practice Two Versus Two Pvp match, it was me (arch-mage) versus another arch-mage versus someone else and a Warlord (level 90) and we beat the opposing team. The Warlord was being a poor sport and saying such things as: My partner was useless (I got him early on with a critical basilisk, when he healed I used a critical earthquake to take him out again). I talked about how high my critical and block were after the match, he teleported right as I said that. He than private messaged me saying how bad it was (his was slightly higher than mine) and we got into an argument, he was calling me names, saying I should just sell my computer, stuff like that, all of this was in private chat. I reported him three times (some of the stuff he said was just hurtful/annoying) and I told him about it, and he said I was basically sending false reports and reporting myself since its private chat. Is that true?
It is actually true, sorry to say

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
It depends on what you reported him for. If he was cursing around the filter and you reported him for that, then no, it is not a false report.

If you reported him for just saying things to hurt your feelings, and being rude, then yes, those are false reports and do go against you.

It does not matter if reports are made on private chat or open/text that everyone can see. It is all logged by KI.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
unfortunately, he is right~ being mean is not a reportable offense*, and reporting someone for being rude ( or any such abuse of the report button) may result in your account being sanctioned for false reporting and/or a loss of reporting privileges.

if you don't have a history of doing so, don't worry~ ki will see that it's a one-off and not something you do all the time. but don't do it again~ just put people like that on ignore and you won't have to see his nasty remarks.

*the exception is if his 'being mean' involves a terms-of-use violation. things like swearing around the filters at you, calling you derogatory names (racial, sexist, or phobic slurs), or threats of violence are reportable and you should let ki know right away.

happy dueling!

-v.
half-evil balance wizard, supermod elsewhere on the interwebz

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Depending on what was said, it can be reportable. Basically, you should read up on the Terms of Use to see what applies or not. There are some grey areas when reporting, so when in doubt, don't report.

It doesn't matter whether a person contacts you via private message or not. If what they said breaks the Terms of Use, it is reportable. However, if they were just annoying, then it's not against the rules and it would be a false report, which would go against you, not the person you reported. KingsIsle does look at the chat before, during, and after the report and will decide if your opponent violated the ToU, and will impose sanctions if necessary.

Some samples of ToU violations include: Stalking, abuse or harassing (as determined by KI), cursing (and cursing around the filters), personal information, lewd innuendos, racial comments, etc.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
this happens a lot there is people that set you up and then false report you and then when muted abuse you more knowing they got away with it and will use it to scare and make you do as they find a musing to them of power play on you this has to stop I been told they can and will do this just becouse they can. this needs more looking in to for two years I been clean this new group on is bad.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
i understand. i was in pvp practice once and these were the teams:
My team:me lvl 59, lvl 45 and lvl 23.
Other team: lvl 70, lvl 10, lvl 10
we barley won, but the lvl 70 person at the end started complaining that there teammates were noobs and they didnt know what they were doing signing up to do pvp and should leave until they were at least grandmaster. (this was back when Zafaria was the newest world). so me and the fire wizard started yelling at the lvl 70 guy saying we didnt complain having someone lower level tahn us on our team, (they were actually very good about heaing and still putting up a good fight). the fire wizard reported him and the lvl 70 counter-reported him. saying that we were wasting our time fight with her and that would get banned for false reporting, and we should go cry somewhere else. though i never learned how it turn out.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
wanted468 on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
i understand. i was in pvp practice once and these were the teams:
My team:me lvl 59, lvl 45 and lvl 23.
Other team: lvl 70, lvl 10, lvl 10
we barley won, but the lvl 70 person at the end started complaining that there teammates were noobs and they didnt know what they were doing signing up to do pvp and should leave until they were at least grandmaster. (this was back when Zafaria was the newest world). so me and the fire wizard started yelling at the lvl 70 guy saying we didnt complain having someone lower level tahn us on our team, (they were actually very good about heaing and still putting up a good fight). the fire wizard reported him and the lvl 70 counter-reported him. saying that we were wasting our time fight with her and that would get banned for false reporting, and we should go cry somewhere else. though i never learned how it turn out.
If the lvl 70 was not cursing or breaking any of the Terms of Use, it was a false report on both sides. Your teammate as well as the lvl 70.

IF any player is just being rude, DON'T report it unless they are using foul language. The fact that rudeness, bullying, and harassment have become very common in the Arena, is why it is best to turn off chat bubbles when in combat and no matter what, don't RESPOND in any way to these players.

Use your heads, not anger. Those behaving this way have not had KARMA come back and bite them in the back side. YET. But it will when they least expect it.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Something I have forgotten to mention, 2 things actually.

1. When something like this is taking place in private chat and you do report them, PUT THEM ON IGNORE IMMEDIATELY and do not remove them from ignore for several hours. By that time they have had enough chat go through their chat box, they can no longer chat back to you.

2. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER tell someone you have reported them. Just report and walk away or port somewhere else.

Just make sure that what you report is reportable. There are Topics under the Headmaster's Announcements and as others have stated, read the Terms of Use for more info.