Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

idea to make battling easier!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Ok, so in this game you get pips, power pips, critcal rating etc... but maybe at level 95 you can go to diego again and he will teach you another thing, mega/ultra pips! these pips would be worth 3 pips of your school only, they would work the same as power pips (the higher stat you have the more likely to get them). This would make pvp more interesting and pve a little easier, what do you think?!
I like peanut butter

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
Do you think the mastery amulets would be included, or do you think that we would need MEGA ULTRA mastery amulets? P.S. I like peanut butter P.S.S. And jelly too.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The NightSpear on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
Ok, so in this game you get pips, power pips, critcal rating etc... but maybe at level 95 you can go to diego again and he will teach you another thing, mega/ultra pips! these pips would be worth 3 pips of your school only, they would work the same as power pips (the higher stat you have the more likely to get them). This would make pvp more interesting and pve a little easier, what do you think?!
I like peanut butter
While I like the idea, I think the lower level PvP folks would have a hissy fit. Big time, since you still have low level wizards going against warlords.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
it wouldn't make battles easier then the mob your facing can all so get M.E.G.A pips so it would make it harder

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
wizard508million on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
it wouldn't make battles easier then the mob your facing can all so get M.E.G.A pips so it would make it harder
I would call them Super Power Pips, and i dont think so because when enemies start gaining Super Power Pips, that would make it harder, in my opinion

Richard FrostBreeze lvl 42, Master

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
The mobs and bosses will get to use them too.It still would be easier in ways.

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
CPS Cole on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
Do you think the mastery amulets would be included, or do you think that we would need MEGA ULTRA mastery amulets? P.S. I like peanut butter P.S.S. And jelly too.
yes mastery amulets would be included in my opinion, but that would be up to KI. and peanut butter is the awesomest thing ever, it is one of the only things that'll cause me to use bad grammer LOL

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
I think they should be called super pips and as KI increases the level cap they could from power to super, from super to ultra, and from ultra to mega pips.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
I think that kingisle will either have to raise the pip limit or do something like this if they want to continue making higher rank spells. One problem: mana burn. It would be completely overpowered if you could do it with these mega pips. It would do more damage, and could be used every other round. It would be overpowered in both pvp and in pve. Imagine if someone did mana burn first round to an enemy with, say, 21 pips because of the mega pips. It would do 1470 base damage. Add critical, 2940 damage. Add 60% damage boost, 4704 damage. Add a normal balanceblade, sharpened balanceblade, bladestorm, and sharpened bladestorm, and you're up to about 12383 damage. Oh yes, and damage per pip spells such as tempest, heckhound, and judgement would be very overpowered. A critical max pip one of these spells would be almost a guarenteed OHKO, unless resist and health were increased very much, which is not likely. A 21 pip judge with the same boosts as were on the mana burn would do about 17690. This is without counting feints in, of course. With these mega pips, schools with per pip damage spells could hit right through several shields and still OHKO the opponent.

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
That's a cool idea, since that little circle that holds your pips is getting kinda crowded with all of the rank 10 spells.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
^^^^ I agree with you.

KingsIsle will probably make it so you get a higher pip count/mana count

Max pips is 7

Probably make it 9 or 10

Notice that you cant use any of the high rank treasure cards because it's 8 pips+

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
Maybe instead of Mastery Amulets, Power Pips work on your default School and the one which you have invested most of your points in. Just a thought.

Justin IronFist, lvl 32

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
That would be a great idea except like others have said the lower levels would turn down that idea because its not for them. (Especially some warlords who don't have the best attitude) Anyway what would be the chance for a mega pip to appear? And if there is another exclusive school spell would it be more pips instead of 11 because of that? PS Peanut butter is good but not as good as Nutella

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
There are a lot of reasons why you can't have this idea.
It has been brought up a long time ago, and they have said things that you do have to think about, like, for example, a tempest, with full mega pips, plus blades, plus traps, could do an easy million.
The only option I think is available is that mega pips aren't allowed for pvp, and it is only available after the other worlds, which I don't know what they are. But, that means the monsters have to have lots of health.
The reason it is not available in pvp is that you could easily defeat people who don't have mega pips.
And, only in the higher level worlds which are not out yet, because you could defeat mostly anyone.

Cole Dunerunner