Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Limit the number of charms and wards.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
One thing that I think would help in pvp is if you limit the amount of charms/wards a wizard can have. It should make a complete circle and not overlap. When the circle is the full, and someone tries to put more, they get destroyed starting with the oldest. I.e, say you had a full circle mixed with blades, dispels, and weaknesses. You attempt spirit blades. The first three charms may they be good or bad, are all destroyed and removed from the battle. This idea removes spamming from the pvp system.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Well, there's this great spell called earthquake that removes all blades and shields.

If you just want to prevent shield stacking, there's this great spell called shatter.

Maybe try finding some Treasure cards of the spells above at the bazaar?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Not a good idea. Players should be able to stack charms and shields no matter if it is PvP or PvE. If this gets changed for PvP, it will also get changed in PvE. But stacking them is part of the strategy to survive a duel regardless of what aspect of the game is being played.

Also, as Dogempire has stated, there is earthquake that takes ALL charms and shields from the opponent and Shatter that removes shields. There is also Pierce that removes 1 shield from the opponent.

There is also Infallible, that helps reduce the resists provided by a single shield unless a pet shield and or TC shield are also in the Stack, helps.

But making this kind of change for PvP will affect PvE and those stacked charms and shields are very much needed in the upper worlds.

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Emperor of Life on May 26, 2013 wrote:
One thing that I think would help in pvp is if you limit the amount of charms/wards a wizard can have. It should make a complete circle and not overlap. When the circle is the full, and someone tries to put more, they get destroyed starting with the oldest. I.e, say you had a full circle mixed with blades, dispels, and weaknesses. You attempt spirit blades. The first three charms may they be good or bad, are all destroyed and removed from the battle. This idea removes spamming from the pvp system.
Sorry but this is a bad idea. Pvp was made to test your skills and improve on them for PVE, if you are unaware of what PVE is, that is player vs enemy. Anyway, like I said Pvp is made to TEST your skills, so perhaps you use multiple blades and traps in PVE battles, how can you IMPROVE upon your strategy if you cannot practice it. OR think about this, you have half of your circle shields for you, and the other half are traps put on you. If you put the shields on first, they will get booted off and you will get a circle full of traps, think about this, they could boot off your shields, traps, blades and "curse" blades (minus 25%,accuracy etc). this wold further hurt Pvp and Pve

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
This would probably make weakness and stun spam a viable shutdown strategy, so no.

I can't imagine a match any less fun than one I had where we got chain stunned and then multiple ninja pig weaknesses. Imagine now if those weaknesses and stun shields reduced the number of blades and shields you could have to get out of "jail".

If they replace existing shields that would be even worse. All you would need to get rid of any shield is spam elemental traps.

Explorer
May 18, 2010
If they reduced the amount of charms and wards, I guarantee it would change alot of wizards strategies, especially for me.

There are some who consider stacking shields, pathetic and complain that shielding should be limited because they are more offensive. They want to be able to hit you hard with no/less shields.

Then there are the the defensives. What's wrong with being defensive? Shield stacking or any charms/wards isn't against the rule as I checked. It's part of a strategy. Shielding gives you more time to plan while your opponent(s) is trying to break your shields.

Your opponents gets annoyed because they can't make a decent attack. And there is always the wonderful spells called, Earthquake and Shatter if it's really annoying you.