Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Desert Beast Questions ...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2009
My friend had a Desert Beast and it could cast Fairy. Now I have a desert beast and I have a question.
Did my friend hatch with someone to get the May Cast Fairy,
Or can the pet really obtain this?
Please help me.
I need to know.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
The only pet that I know of that has fairy friend as a first generation ability is the nutcracker. All other pets that have the ability got it by hatching.

If you want the fairy ability on that pet you will have to hatch with some on who already has that ability and then hope your pet gets that ability.

Please note hatching with someone who has fairy Does NOT guarantee that you will receive that ability. (Also you may not get another desert beast but the pet you hatched with)

You have a 50 percent chance that the trait will pass to your new pet and then a 50 percent chance your pet will learn it. So only a 25 percent chance, I have many more fails than successes getting the traits I want. It is all about trying and retrying :D

Happy Hatching

Calamity PixieShade level 90

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Your friend's Desert Beast was hatched with one or more pets to get the Fairy talent in the gene pool.

The Nutcracker pet is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that has Fairy as a talent without hatching with other pets to get it.

All of my Beast pets had to be hatched with other pets to obtain Fairy, along with other desirable talents I wanted.

It takes time and patience to get a desired pet, especially ones with manifested talents you want.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Avatargirl1337 on May 25, 2013 wrote:
My friend had a Desert Beast and it could cast Fairy. Now I have a desert beast and I have a question.
Did my friend hatch with someone to get the May Cast Fairy,
Or can the pet really obtain this?
Please help me.
I need to know.
Your friend hatched her pet with something that had the fairy talent.
Here are the first generation talents for the Desert Beast...fairy is not among them:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Desert_Beast

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The Desert Beast pet does not have the fairy talent at first generation. If your friend has a Desert Beast with fairy friend then he mixed with another pet that has that talent.

Hannah Lifebringer level 90 Life

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
I looked on the Wizard101 wiki and it looks like your friend hatched. The closest it gets to health is getting the health gift talent. http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Desert_Beast