Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2 ideas to improve game play

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
I've posted about these on central and got allot of good feedback on the ideas so i thought i'd post them on here in hope of a response from someone from KI (highly doubt it though lol). I have linked the threads that i made in central.

Idea 1: This one is simple, currently if you go 2nd in a PvP match you start the match with 1 extra pip, now all i am asking is that this is implemented into the PvE side of Wizard101 too, from the very start. I believe this will hasten game play for those that want it done faster and it will also help those in later worlds who struggle because the mobs start with incredibly high pip amounts.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?357279-Allow-extra-pip-when-going-2nd-in-PVE-too

Idea 2: This is about the training point buy-back system, currently it is awful (imo). If you want to buy back a single training point you have to buy them all back which i think is incredibly bad design, not to mention very costly with REAL money too and i'm pretty sure everyone hates this lol. My idea is simply a few ideas on how this system could be changed for the better, they would make buying back training points more appealing plus bring in even more money in both the short and long run.

Idea 1: Make it so you can choose to reset all training points in a certain school, 100 crowns per training point.

Idea 2: Allow us to reset points one by one, so for example if you trained up to sanctuary and wanted to go back down to satyr then you can regain your training points by unlearning sanctuary and centaur, the spells must be unlearnt backwards as learning spells you have to go forwards according to level.

Edit: in case people don't understand, you would need to unlearn sanctuary -> centaur to get back 2 training points for X amount of crowns per training point, you cannot train up to satyr then unlearn all previous life spells such as imp, seraph etc.

Idea 3: Simply reduce the overall cost to buy back pips, 100 per training point used (atm with 37 of my training points used up it will cost me 11550 crowns).

Or just keep it how it is, Opinions/thoughts?

Any Feedback is appreciated and hopefully i get a response from KI, thanks.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
Idea 1: I disagree. If you are in PvP and get an extra pip just because you're second, it could turn the whole tide. The person going second has a better chance to use Gnomes! first than the person going first. Same with PvE. If the enemy goes second, I doubt you want to have to handle an Efreet the first round.

Idea 2: I would love this idea! I would hate having to spend 10 dollars for crowns to get back my training points, when I could just pay 99 cents. It is also annoying to buy back ALL the training points, because you then have to go to every school you learned from and get the spells you had except for the one(s) you didn't want.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Idea 1: I disagree. That's what makes the game a little more challenging.

Idea 2: I agree wholeheartedly!! For example I have the centaur spell which I don't want and it's the last spell I learned in life. I'd love to be able just to spend 100 crowns on it!

-Morgan Legendheart, level 42, Mooshu

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I like the idea that if we go second in PvE, we get an extra pip. I would however change your idea slightly. This should ONLY be for the players in PvE, not the monsters too. They start with incredibly high pips and spells and this would help even it out a bit. I think it would help even the odds a bit in PvE. It should also follow powerpip chances as well.