Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it really worth it?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
I REALLY want my pet to a mega but need good pet snacks! On the Crown Shop I saw that there was a card pack called the Mega Snack Pack, or something like that. 2,500 crowns! Man, I want to buy it but don't know if it is a waste. I'm concerned on wasting crowns because it is the most expensive pack in the crown shop. Does anybody know if it comes with REAL and USEFUL mega snacks that would help me train from an adult [so far at 367 out of 500] to a mega? I would appreciate it!

Sophia Sparklestone LvL 90

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
According to www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:mega-snack_pack it gives seven mega snacks from the set of possible ones. Still, the mega snack pack is worth alot of crowns.....It is just easier to do mirror lake(which gives you 2 pixie stick mega snacks per dungeon) or WW (You may not get definite mega snacks there)

Good luck with training! Don't forget to make sure your pet will have good talents before you waste time or money!

Angela DragonStonelevel 84

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Gardening is the best way to get Mega snacks.

Prickly Bear Cactus gives rank 8 snacks and you can purchase the plant for gold.

Evil Magma Peas are the best, giving you a guaranteed rank 9 mega snack at elder. These are crown items, however, there are bosses you can farm to try and get EMP drops.

Couch Potatoes are excellent for mega snacks as well. These are dropped a little more frequently from bosses than EMP's, but are still hard to get sometimes. These are also a crown item, but are more expensive than EMP's.

The best thing to do is check out Wizard101central.com Wiki about various plants and what they drop.

Good luck!

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
SophiaSparklstone on May 19, 2013 wrote:
I REALLY want my pet to a mega but need good pet snacks! On the Crown Shop I saw that there was a card pack called the Mega Snack Pack, or something like that. 2,500 crowns! Man, I want to buy it but don't know if it is a waste. I'm concerned on wasting crowns because it is the most expensive pack in the crown shop. Does anybody know if it comes with REAL and USEFUL mega snacks that would help me train from an adult [so far at 367 out of 500] to a mega? I would appreciate it!

Sophia Sparklestone LvL 90
Don't fall for using crowns to buy any mega snack packs. Your pet could be perfect or a perfect fail. Would be horrible to have spent crowns on snacks and that pet did not make your cut you know? As described before Mirror lake runs and gardens are the best way to get your pets leveled. I

My w101 time is dull

log in , garden , hatch a pet, log out. Its only fun when i get an elder harvest every like 4-5 days :-)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Gardening all the way.

Lululove21 has a level 90 wizard, so planting several max-sized gardens should be no big deal. For optimum gardening create max-sized gardens at several houses and rotate garden maintenance between them. Visit a house only if you have enough energy to fully tend the garden. If you have more wizards you can have even more gardens.

I primarly garden KP because of the occasional amber and because they drop additional seeds allowing me to constantly expand my gardening operations. I also get massive wealth from the other drops they give. (peanut butter sandwiches!). But no mega snacks from KP. I grow couch potatoes for snacks.

Happy Wizarding!