Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is This Wise?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2013
Is it wise to do just the main storyline quests? You get a better understanding of the storyline, and your quest book doesn't become cluttered. but, you don't receive as many badges and you begin things at lower levels due to lack of experience. What do you think is a better approach to the game and wizard city?

Jacqueline Silversong -

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
I think it's whatever your style is. I just do main quests, and save sides for when I run out of things to do. The only side quests I do are if I need xp or training points.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Clockwork Pidgeon on May 19, 2013 wrote:
Is it wise to do just the main storyline quests? You get a better understanding of the storyline, and your quest book doesn't become cluttered. but, you don't receive as many badges and you begin things at lower levels due to lack of experience. What do you think is a better approach to the game and wizard city?

Jacqueline Silversong -
I don't collect badges, so that aspect doesn't matter to me.
I do a lot of side quests throughout the spiral, but not all.
I think it's a huge mistake to just do main storyline quests though. You miss out on not only game play experience, but XP and drops as well. Your quest book won't be cluttered if you do the quests as you get them.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2013
I would recommend the side quests to anyone who plays this game. They benefit you in so many ways. As you originally mentioned, you do get a lot more experience and also access to more dropped loot. I feel that they also allow you to connect with the game, its characters, and its backstory a lot more, which makes the game more meaningful, and playing the game is a more meaningful experience. For example, I just came across a Samoorai warrior in MooShu who asked my wizard to help him get back his poetry books and his sword. His story, and the story of the woman who was trying to get permission to go back home and to her husband, were just really touching to me. So I think side quests add a lot of substance to the game, whereas doing only the main quests there wouldn't be quite as much substance.

I also think doing the side quests lends a lot of life and longevity to the game as a whole. For example, you might pay $60 for a one-year Wizard101 membership, and then the same amount of money for an Xbox game. Most people I know finish those kinds of games within weeks of purchase, but you could play Wizard101 for 12 months straight and always be finding something new and wonderful to add to your experience.

I hope this helps. :)

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
Survivor
May 16, 2013
My suggestion is to do the main storyline, then if you get stuck on a boss or something, do side quest to train!

Dolan Winterglade

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
do whatever you want if you like to do both (witch i do because i get to see new places get cool stuff lvl up faster exp training points and other fun stuff) or main story line then side quests if board or want to save them after done with main story line its really up to you have fun

jack skullbreeze master of see you in the spiral

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
I would do side quests cause after you finish those you get the Savior of Wizard City badge
Erin B.