Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do Prometheans PvP anymore?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I was just curious if any high level, high ranking, wizards play PvP anymore? Particularly 1v1.

Whenever I look at the games in progress, I rarely see a match above level 60 or so. When I do see higher levels, they are in the ranks of 500s-600s. I've yet to see a Promethean warlord or commander in the arena.

So I looked at the leader boards. There are only five wizards over level 80 in the Top 100, and only 25 or so wizards over level 80 in the Top 500. Kind of sad. It looks to me that the average PvP playing level is 50.

Except for fighting turtles, I very much enjoyed Promethean PvP before the new changes, and I'm wondering if it's the Jade Gear or the Reshuffle nerf, or both, that are keeping high level wizards from playing PvP. For me, it's both reasons, which is why I'm sticking with my level 37 myth wizard for my PvP fix right now.

I guess all the ex Promethean warlords and commanders either quit or are playing lower level wizards in PvP.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Malt22 on May 18, 2013 wrote:
I was just curious if any high level, high ranking, wizards play PvP anymore? Particularly 1v1.

Whenever I look at the games in progress, I rarely see a match above level 60 or so. When I do see higher levels, they are in the ranks of 500s-600s. I've yet to see a Promethean warlord or commander in the arena.

So I looked at the leader boards. There are only five wizards over level 80 in the Top 100, and only 25 or so wizards over level 80 in the Top 500. Kind of sad. It looks to me that the average PvP playing level is 50.

Except for fighting turtles, I very much enjoyed Promethean PvP before the new changes, and I'm wondering if it's the Jade Gear or the Reshuffle nerf, or both, that are keeping high level wizards from playing PvP. For me, it's both reasons, which is why I'm sticking with my level 37 myth wizard for my PvP fix right now.

I guess all the ex Promethean warlords and commanders either quit or are playing lower level wizards in PvP.
Well, I have a 1st Age Warlord and Commander above level 80. Ice and Death. During the 2nd Age I stayed out of "serious ranking" and stuck to having fun in 4v4 with my PvP team. (yes we did ranked but not for serious purposes). I don't know, I'm not that interested in it that much..but oddly I do seriously rank on my level 60.. hmm..

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade and ex Warlord

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I think it's mostly a combination of three things

--High level PVP matches can take hours
--Jade armor (makes it even more likely the match could be 2 hours or more)
--No repeat reshuffle (pace of play slows to a crawl as players are less likely to turbo-discard through their decks to dig for answers)

I'm close to level 70 on one wizard and had hoped to start working on PVP seriously at this time. The changes have made it unlikely I'll bother.

Survivor
May 08, 2012
I'm a promethean fire wizard and i gave pvp cause of the unfair resist of ice and the jade gear I just don't have
an hour or more too drop on a pvp match anymore and i have a death that's a 1st age pvp veteran and it is
much easier too pvp at lvl 50.

Explorer
May 18, 2010
I'm only an Archmage but I was on Sgt. because I really never took PvP too serious. For the Second Age, I kind of stepped down.
1. It takes too long to fight someone the same level
2. Just getting more trash
3. I enjoy practice 4v4 more with my friends