Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lost Pages...

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 13, 2010
In the Lost Pages event do you have to finish alll the worlds or just one to get the prize?

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Cole Dunerunner on May 10, 2013 wrote:
In the Lost Pages event do you have to finish alll the worlds or just one to get the prize?
lol there is no prize aside from the badge. however if you are referring to the pretty pictures on the bottom of the lost events page, as ki has yet to explain that I will assume it is there to trick people into doing the event witch is not nice I truly do hope its just a bug but again ki has yet to address the people about the situation.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Cole Dunerunner on May 10, 2013 wrote:
No, you don't have to finish. It's all optional, and the xp and rewards really aren't worth the time, in my opinion. (There are drops with each boss, not just one 'prize.')

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
gweedoboy on May 11, 2013 wrote:
lol there is no prize aside from the badge. however if you are referring to the pretty pictures on the bottom of the lost events page, as ki has yet to explain that I will assume it is there to trick people into doing the event witch is not nice I truly do hope its just a bug but again ki has yet to address the people about the situation.
you sure there is no reward? have you done all the quests? if not, don't make random guesses of the rewards of the quests.

Wolf SilverSpear Lvl 81
Stephen IceBane Lvl 6
Luke StormWraith Lvl 16

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
iSwag1234567890 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
you sure there is no reward? have you done all the quests? if not, don't make random guesses of the rewards of the quests.

Wolf SilverSpear Lvl 81
Stephen IceBane Lvl 6
Luke StormWraith Lvl 16
Other than the standard drops you might get while doing quests or bosses ...... Nope, nothing.

The only thing extra than the six badges, is a seventh badge for completing all of them.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
iSwag1234567890 on May 12, 2013 wrote:

Wolf SilverSpear Lvl 81
Stephen IceBane Lvl 6
Luke StormWraith Lvl 16
well considering that I got all the lost pages back and have fought all the wizards and brang them back to wizards city I think I know what im talking about. now is it possible that you have to farm for those items listed in the pictures on the events page, yes but it would have been nice if ki had told us instead of leaving us to guess.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
So, today I was doing the Lost Pages quest for Avalon. Being about halfway through Azteca, I couldn't do the Azteca quest, so I figured that I might as well do the Avalon one. The funny thing is that each section of the quest gave about 15 experience, and really nothing else valuable. I know that for the Lost Pages quest it says that if you the Wizard City one, it will give rewards according to that world, no matter what your level is. But honestly? 15 experience for a quest in Avalon?

I'm sure someone's going to say that you don't need to have unlocked the world to do the quest, so if a low level had a higher level friend, they could do it and get too much experience, but KI could just make it so you have to unlock the world to do the quest.

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage Thaumagture

Survivor
Aug 15, 2008
If we get the Scarlett Letters quest (Lost pages) before the end of May will we still be able to complete it after 5/31 if we don't complete it before that deadline?

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Haley MoonHeart on May 26, 2013 wrote:
So, today I was doing the Lost Pages quest for Avalon. Being about halfway through Azteca, I couldn't do the Azteca quest, so I figured that I might as well do the Avalon one. The funny thing is that each section of the quest gave about 15 experience, and really nothing else valuable. I know that for the Lost Pages quest it says that if you the Wizard City one, it will give rewards according to that world, no matter what your level is. But honestly? 15 experience for a quest in Avalon?

I'm sure someone's going to say that you don't need to have unlocked the world to do the quest, so if a low level had a higher level friend, they could do it and get too much experience, but KI could just make it so you have to unlock the world to do the quest.

Hey oats45,
I know right, and they make you battle TEN, of the stinking, things! SERIOUSLY! The EXP amount should differ, to suit the world's, average, amount of EXP, per quest.

Sincerely,
Kylek2000

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Nikan on May 28, 2013 wrote:
If we get the Scarlett Letters quest (Lost pages) before the end of May will we still be able to complete it after 5/31 if we don't complete it before that deadline?
There's a deadline? the quest doesn't not indicate there is.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The Lost Pages quest ends 5/31.

As far as I know, if it hasn't been completed, then it can't be completed after the end date.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Haley MoonHeart on May 26, 2013 wrote:

If you are currently in Azteca, you can pick up the quest and if you have a friend who has access to Twin Giants, then you can port to them to get the Spellwrits and do the dungeon there.

The appropriate level awards for the worlds pertains to drops, not XP. What I didn't know at the time was, you can 'farm' the dungeons to get a chance at some of the special gear drops (I don't know if there was other stuff).

You must have already unlocked a world to be able to do the quest there. In Avalon, you must do the quest for Pike de Lago (sp?) and get his arms before he opens the Lost Pages quest there.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
Nikan on May 28, 2013 wrote:
True, I never knew there was a deadline, I finished quite a lot of the actual lost pages quests, and earned the following badges:

Scribe of the Howling Wind (Wizard City)
Bleak Master Of The Pen (Krokotopia)
Quiet Writer Of Epitaths (if that's how you spell it) (Celestia)
I could have more,
I am currently working on Avalon

(sorry if I got off topic)

I don't think there's a deadline, but if there is, we don't have much time left ... its nearly June ... :D ( I happy because of a certain holiday in my family in june, I not telling you the date for safety)

But anyways, we better try to collect the badges because I like them, ( lol ) but I do know that the Spellwrit monsters can be excellent farming mobs, ( bosses too ) which can help people earn money, If there is a deadline, please extend it to two more years (XD it should give us time enough) so that everyone has a chance to finish at least one and get a cool new badge.

Legend is a mystery, take a step to discover it
-Roslyn Blueflower, Quiet Writer of Epitaths. level 89 archmage conjurer

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Pretty sure that "rewards" refers to the dragon obelisks and other drops when you kill the spellwrits. So that if you kill spellwrit Fomori, they drop about the same caliber of items as wild-type Fomori.

This one is actually a bit easier, since there's a perfect cramped little space by Caer Lyon where eight or so Fomori tramp around in a tight circle. If you grab a friend or passerby you can usually engage two or more spellwrits per battle.

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
I couldn't agree more. This is why I didn't do the Lost Pages Event - it gave me no incentive to do it. Like, 15 xp? I did part of it though to get it out of my quest log. Wiz should give higher lvls more xp for these kind of special events.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
I have 6 wizards who have all done the highest level Lost Pages quest available to them and none of them have gotten anything great from the drops. Either there aren't any great drops or it happens very rarely

Has anyone gotten any decent drop from doing one of these quests?

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
Does anyone know if I will be able to keep the lost pages event's quests in my quest log even after the event has ended. Please reply because I want to know if I should finish it right away.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I have one dozen wizards and am an adult player due to life circumstances I could not play much the past year and only one wizard was up to Avalon and I worked on my lower wizards first trying to get them the badges they could obtain all of them up to Celestia so now I dont even think my highest wizard will finish Azteca in time I don't think it is fair that we will not be able to get some of the badges ever. They should in my opinion either extend this or bring it back again once a year at least like halloween quests. I always want my wizards to get every badge!!

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I liked it at first, but after a couple worlds, the spellwrits monsters are really hard to find! Like, one of them in the crowd of regular mobs. It takes forever, and the xp is awful. When I saw the deadline, I wanted to finish them, but now I'm not so sure......

Administrator
Don't worry, young Wizard, the Lost Pages event will come back several times over the summer. Watch for announcements on the game launch window!

community@wizard101.com
Administrator
CPS Cole on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Does anyone know if I will be able to keep the lost pages event's quests in my quest log even after the event has ended. Please reply because I want to know if I should finish it right away.
Just like our annual Hallowe'en event, these quest will be removed from your Quest Journal when the event ends.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Hi, I am doing the lost pages quest on my fire promethean, but when i got back with the quest, i got nothing! I thought that the event on this website said you get a Hat, Chestplate, Sword, and a mystery. But when do we get that? Will we never get it? Or will we get it tomorrow on 6-1-13? Anyone out there with an answer? Thanks!

Eric Nightshade (Level 90)
Eric Dragonshard (Level 85)
Eric Legenddreamer (Level 35)
Eric Greenshard (Level 36)
Eric Balanceblade (Level 8)

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Thank You Professor Greyrose, that is a big relief knowing my wizards can eventually get all their badges. :)

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not. But the deadline has past, and when I checked Sergeant Major Talbot in Krokotopia to see what his quest was, he gave me the lost pages quest for Krokotopia. Glitch or not? You decide

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
Thanks for letting me know there's a deadline. Please remove this quest off the game worlds. I had a house fire and couldn't play for months...so I was out of the loop of everything. No wonder I couldn't find any baddies on the quest world.