Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca's not hard with a little help!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I don think Azteca is really hard. All you need is some help. I finished Azteca. it took me a long time to do but it wasnt really hard?

Cole Dunerunner Lvl 90 Promethean Sorcerer

Lord of the Falling Sky

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Cole Dunerunner on May 4, 2013 wrote:
I don think Azteca is really hard. All you need is some help. I finished Azteca. it took me a long time to do but it wasnt really hard?

Lord of the Falling Sky
That's nice. And what happens when there is no help due to the time and limited length of time you have to play?
right.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I am currently in it. I don't think I haven't done one quest there without a quest partner beside me. Having a quest partner is better because you have the same quest, and you can get through alot of of section, or an entire section. I always go into crowded servers and easily find a quest partner. I don't think it is that hard with a partner

Angela DragonStone
level 83 Soccerer

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
RavenLady777 on May 5, 2013 wrote:
That's nice. And what happens when there is no help due to the time and limited length of time you have to play?
right.
Exactly ..... spot on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is easier when you partner up with someone to do Azteca, especially for a Balance wizard. Try doing parts of it solo against Balance mobs and bosses and you'll change your tune real fast.

My Ice has completely soloed the game, including all dungeons (and side dungeons).
My Balance soloed up to Azteca. She soloed a lot of it, but desperately needed help with parts of it.

Brynn IceBlade L90 Ice
Rowan DragonStrider L90 Balance
Valkoor ShadowBlade, L80 Death
Lenora JadeThief L75 Myth
Logan HawkCatcher L54 Storm
Kieran JadeThief L32 Fire

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
wizardrokz on May 6, 2013 wrote:
I am currently in it. I don't think I haven't done one quest there without a quest partner beside me. Having a quest partner is better because you have the same quest, and you can get through alot of of section, or an entire section. I always go into crowded servers and easily find a quest partner. I don't think it is that hard with a partner

Angela DragonStone
level 83 Soccerer
Exactly!

Defender
May 03, 2009
wizardrokz on May 6, 2013 wrote:

Angela DragonStone
level 83 Soccerer
How do you find people? I got go the most crowded realm and it's even emptier than the normal realms.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Scarlet Hawk on May 10, 2013 wrote:
How do you find people? I got go the most crowded realm and it's even emptier than the normal realms.
Keep switching from crowded to crowded. Also, if there isn't anyone around, do another quest, or something you need to do to pass time, and by then someone might be on

-Angela DragonStone
Level 83 (soon to be level 84)

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
Hello. I had a quest partner in Avalon and we did SO MUCH SO FAST! A quest partner is really nice. Well, in Azteca I am stuck.. I don't have a partner, and I can't solo it because I am not a hardcore player. Well, when I can't find a partner, I am working on wintertusk. I am nearly done with wintertusk, but then I am probably going to do side quests in Krokotopia (I want the badges).

Jonathan Frogheart - Archmage, L83

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
right.
I'm in the same boat as you. I have no real-world friends playing, all my in-game friends are gone*, and finding a good stranger for crazy-tough Azteca dungeons (post Alto-Alto) is near impossible.

I soloed almost the whole game until i got to last battle in Pitch Black Lake. Got stuck, after 5 tries some stranger started helping me but took off half way through. I died. So I quickly opened up my daughter's account with her level 20 wizard, loaded shields, blades, etc (non-offensive stuff) and ported her in.

Wow! What a difference. Porting her in late meant she wasn't a target and she just loaded me up with shields while I did the dirty work. Blamo, Easy cheesy crazy easy! Because I was controlling both wizards there was no coordination issues, it was so simple! Under my control her wizard always did what I asked!.

For me it cost nothing extra because I already had the second account. This is the first time I kinda soft cheated to get through, but I found no other reasonable method. There is no reasonable method to solo some of the later dungeons. And this was actually kinda fun!

This is far superior to minions or henchmen. Requires a second account ($10.00) and another computer. But because you are near the end of the game, you can always keep the second account and cancel the first (nothing gets lost, you can always re-activate it). Use your new wizard for playing the game if you wish to play more. (can't shared-bank, but other methods exist for rapidly increasing wealth).

*Well of course they are gone. They either stopped playing long ago or they finished Azteca and are maybe playing a different wizard now. In-game 'friends' that are properly leveled can be quite thin when you reach the final areas of Azteca.

RottenHeart

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
right.
Sorry everybody. I spoke too soon and I appologize. At the time I wrote the above post I had entered Xibalba solo a couple times, scoped it out and decided to come back later with more time. Although my above post is valid for most areas of Azteca including Pitch Black Lake and Twin Giants, but not correct for Xibalba.

Apparently to enter Xibalba you must have the Xibalba quest, because I couldn't bring in any friends. The sigils aren't active and they can't port in. Perhaps its a level limit, but I assume its locked by quest.

So I'm sure Xibalba is just fine if you got a team of level 90 promethean friends, but recruiting such a team for many of us is not so easy. And there isn't exactly a crowd of wizards waiting to enter like Mirror Lake.

~ RottenHeart

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I just confirmed that Xibalba is quest locked. You can only bring friends that have the Xibalba quest (ie: the last quest of Azteca). And they must enter at the sigil with you. No porting friends in when you realize you need help.

Survivor
May 08, 2012
ya i agree azteca isn't hard if you have help if you don't then azteca is going to take even long and is extremely
annoying and almost impossible.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
I don't want to be in a world where I need help just to get through a mob fight. I am a soloer and I am not going to pay to play a game that makes it pretty impossible for people that want to, to solo a world.