Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cloaking Spells like Bad Juju? Question.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2012
Hey everyone,

I'm working on getting Bad Juju for 1v1, and apparently you can cloak it, which kind of confuses me. If I cloak it, isn't is kind of obvious what I used? I mean what other spells damage yourself and put a negative blade on your opponent? Would it not show the damage done to yourself?

Thanks,
Hunter DragonSword, level 75 Necromancer, The Wild, Avalon

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
ShadowSlayer3120 on Apr 22, 2013 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I'm working on getting Bad Juju for 1v1, and apparently you can cloak it, which kind of confuses me. If I cloak it, isn't is kind of obvious what I used? I mean what other spells damage yourself and put a negative blade on your opponent? Would it not show the damage done to yourself?

Thanks,
Hunter DragonSword, level 75 Necromancer, The Wild, Avalon
Yeah. But many duelists use cloak as a way to multiply cards.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Hiding the spell or not, if you reshuffle, it's going to multiply it, making for a stressful match for the opponent if you start spamming, don't forget to heal though!

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Cloak can be most effective when you have more than one type of spell to cloak. For example, if you carry weakness, infection, balance dispel, and life dispel, when you use cloak it can really mess with your opponent's head.

But the real reason most people use cloak is because it makes an extra copy of the spell you enchanted when you reshuffle.

For example, let's say you carry only one Bad Juju and you cloak it and cast it. Then later you reshuffle. Now you have two copies of Bad Juju in your deck, the normal one and the cloaked one.

All sun spells duplicate themselves temporarily when you reshuffle. Cloak, Colossal, Primordial, and Extraordinary are examples of sun spells that create extra copies of the spell you enchanted, after you reshuffle.

If you carried regular weakness along with Bad Juju, cloak could be a very effective tool for you in PvP.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
The idea of cloaking it is so you can at some point resuffle and get more than what you brought back into your deck.

Let's say you have 2 bad juju in your deck and you cloak both of them. When you reshuffle you will get both regular bad juju back and 2 cloaked juju also.