Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

History of Magic Schools

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Q. Where did the spirit, balance and myth schools come from?.

In WC we learn the creator(?) made land, sea, and hung stars in the sky. When the First World was created Bartleby and his sister the Great Raven were the first creatures.

Bartelby sang his children into existance (Dragon's, Tritons and Giants). His children used the first first schools of magic:

Fire - used by dragons
Ice - used by giants
Storm - used by tritons

His children faught, breaking the First World into pieces. Bartelby and his sister created the Spiral to hold the fragments together.

But then the story about the schools of magic ends. There is a wizard city quest to go find all the history of magic books for each school, but these books don't say anything. I asked Merle Ambose but he keeps ignoring me. He only talks to me when he wants me to do something for him.

Historian
May 06, 2009
RottenHeart on Apr 20, 2013 wrote:

In WC we learn the creator(?) made land, sea, and hung stars in the sky. When the First World was created Bartleby and his sister the Great Raven were the first creatures.

Bartelby sang his children into existance (Dragon's, Tritons and Giants). His children used the first first schools of magic:

Fire - used by dragons
Ice - used by giants
Storm - used by tritons

His children faught, breaking the First World into pieces. Bartelby and his sister created the Spiral to hold the fragments together.

But then the story about the schools of magic ends. There is a wizard city quest to go find all the history of magic books for each school, but these books don't say anything. I asked Merle Ambose but he keeps ignoring me. He only talks to me when he wants me to do something for him.
I have studied the History of the Spiral and the Magic that ever flows throughout. Let me see if I can weave a tapestry for you that answers your question:

In the beginning, with only the Tritons, Dragons, and Giants created by the Grandfather tree, Bartleby, after the First One hung the stars in the sky, only Storm, Fire, and Ice magic ruled. Tritons used Storm magic to create the grand empires and waves above and below the Seas. The Dragons kept the Land warm and used the magic of Fire to expand. In the Skies, the Frost Giants called a upon Ice to build there magnificient castles. But War broke out as each Titan race became enraged when one stole from one another to do there work. They're fighting tore the First World apart. Bartleby, with the aid of Grandmother Raven, Lady Nightstar, sung the Song of Creation to fashion a Spiral.

Life began to fall in the Spiral. The Spiral was fading after the great war. Using the Elemental Magics, the Spiritual powers were formed. From Storm and Fire, Life came to be, as it is the spark of life and warmth of fire that begins all that lives. Death is the product of Ice and Storm, as it is the cold chill and deathly powers that powers Death. From the shadow that was cassed from Ice and Fire, Myth rests within it, as that is where the forgotten legends lie. The Spiritual Magics do not come from a set being but the combination of their Parental Powers; forming the life and death of creatures on our Worlds.

Balance comes from the bits, scraps, and pieces of the other schools. To use the porperties of Life to summon a Legendary Creature that will take the pieces of Life and burn them in a fire, melting Ice, and at the same time, forming Death, and create a cloud of Storm to power an engine, is all there is to Balance. Balance has no opposite nor comes from one creature as the Elemental Schools. It is the creation of all things together to form a power of harmony.

I hope my little tale helped you!

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
RottenHeart on Apr 20, 2013 wrote:

Fire - used by dragons
Ice - used by giants
Storm - used by tritons

The Spirit schools come from mutations between the primary schools

What helped me is that Red (Fire), Blue (Ice) and Yellow (Storm), are all primary colours.

Fire + Ice = Myth

Ice + Storm = Death

Fire + Storm = Life

Here are the combinations for the Astrals: the Astrals were created by mixing one primary school and one secondary school.

Fire + Myth + Life = Sun

Ice + Myth + Death = Moon

Storm + Life + Death = Star

#popcicool7777777

***I refered to this site for help: www.wizard101.com/game/magic-schools***

Historian
May 06, 2009
popcicool7777777 on Apr 20, 2013 wrote:
The Spirit schools come from mutations between the primary schools

What helped me is that Red (Fire), Blue (Ice) and Yellow (Storm), are all primary colours.

Fire + Ice = Myth

Ice + Storm = Death

Fire + Storm = Life

Here are the combinations for the Astrals: the Astrals were created by mixing one primary school and one secondary school.

Fire + Myth + Life = Sun

Ice + Myth + Death = Moon

Storm + Life + Death = Star

#popcicool7777777

***I refered to this site for help: www.wizard101.com/game/magic-schools***
The Astral Spells are incorrect. They do not come from any of those at all.
The Astral Spells come literally from the Sun, Moon, and Star yet the do over watch some of the other schools.

Sun oversees Fire, Life, and Storm as it is the heat of Sun that brings power and life to the Spiral. All Life revovles around the Sun. Fire gains it's heat from the Sun. And the Sun is more powerful than Storm. (I know this from Solar Blade, Trap, and Shield)

Moon watches over Ice, Death, and Myth. Moon it self is cold like Ice and must steal light to glow like Death. Death has always been portraded with the Moon. The Moon is what cause the change of many mythical creatures just as the Werewolf and many myth legends to not come out until the brilliance of the Moon breaks the shadows they hide in. (I came with this theory from Moon Blade, Trap, and Shield)

The Star is the balance between Sun and Moon. It has, just like Balance, no opposite. Yet the Stars rest at a point in Balance that is closer to Fire than any other school, for it is there fiery heat that allows us to see them so far away.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2011
yea but does anyone know what character tells us this? is it the tree? or someone else? a tapestry maybe? plz help