Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 4-19-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Professor Falmea is enjoying herself in the Caribbean sun, so I'm stepping in as substitute teacher for the next few Feedback Fridays.

As you may know, coming soon we will be introducing the ability to un-stitch items that you have previously stitched.

On that subject:

Have you had Eloise stitch two items together for you?
  • If so, do you usually keep the same look and just update the stats or do you swap out your outfit frequently?
  • If not, why not?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
I tend to keep the same look for what my characters wear. Once I find an outfit I like I stick with it, so I just have Eloise stitch new stats to the same look.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Yes, I usually update the stats or looks, I haven't updated the stats for awhile though, but I do get tired of the same look. I swap out my outfit frequently

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Apr 19, 2013 wrote:
Professor Falmea is enjoying herself in the Caribbean sun, so I'm stepping in as substitute teacher for the next few Feedback Fridays.

As you may know, coming soon we will be introducing the ability to un-stitch items that you have previously stitched.

On that subject:

Have you had Eloise stitch two items together for you?
  • If so, do you usually keep the same look and just update the stats or do you swap out your outfit frequently?
  • If not, why not?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Yes, I have stitched items.
If I have an item I like the looks of, I'll use that or buy something inexpensive to stitch with. Hats are the things I stitch the most. I don't update or re-stitch. I've found only a few levels where I just dislike all the available hats.

Survivor
May 12, 2011
I like to keep my gardening gear looking the same. When new worlds and gear are added I like to have a change and stitch new looks for my questing gear.

Community Leader
I actually keep my astral gear look on my Ice Wizard and stitch new stats into it. I love the look with the stars and moons for these 2 pieces( Minotaur robe and Phoenix hat ). My astral hat of Helephant I keep stats and stitch new looks. I like different hats than the one it originally came with. I guess it just depends on what I am looking for?

I tested in test realm if I restitched I would lose those pieces of Astral gear. :( I wont make that mistake in live.

Survivor
May 16, 2011
i tend to keep the look after i find something i like and just update the stats my reason why is i have the commander robe on half of my wizards right now and i love the look of it

Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
I agree with the two above. I like a certain look for my wizard. Or at least till I find a better look. I kind of wish we had more control over the design. For example, I wouldn't mind having a wraith wardrobe for my death wizard.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Yes, I stitch my items to look like the Judgment clothes

Survivor
Aug 08, 2011
I usually just keep the look and change the stats. That way when I have an outfit I really like, I don't have to change it once I level up just because I'll have better gear with higher/better stats.

Explorer
Sep 17, 2008
Yep, I also stitch new stats onto gear that looks cool. I keep a few outfits on mannequins in my wizards' home, switch between them for various situations and/or play styles, but almost always stitch stats onto cool looking gear.

Thanks for filling in for Prof. Falmea. I'll be sure to bring you an apple tomorrow!

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Oh yes, I have had Eloise do quiet a bit of sewing for me!
I like my girl wizards to look nice and "girly"..especially my Storm Wizard.
Sadly, there are not all that many cute dresses available and I stick with the one that I have found that I really like.
I have to visit Eloise every time I want to improve my Storm Wizard's stats with clothing. While I want her to have great stats I also want her to look nice and stylish!
It would be wonderful to have a lot more pretty dresses and shoes available...but until there are...I will be keeping Eloise busy!

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
I stitched a new look for my waterworks gear because I looked a bit like a crab in it. It was so bulky and unflattering (not that it really matters), I just didn't like the look of it. Also many people use the waterworks gear and I got tired of looking like everyone else. The other thing about the water works gear is that it is easily recognizable as a higher level gear so when you are in the commons you get a lot more people requesting help, gifts, hatching, tc trades etc. I don't mind helping but the other requests get old. Since I stitched my gear I noticed a significant drop in requests, it is great!

Survivor
Sep 15, 2010
It depends on the new gear I get, usually I keep the same look but sometimes I find something I like better, so I stitch the new look and the better stats of what I like best. Destiny RainbowHunter.

Explorer
Mar 25, 2009
I usually stitch when I'm keeping the stats of my crafted gear and consolidating the appearance of my wizards, like keeping the stats of the Wintertusk Crafted Gear but with the appearance of various Avalon Gear to keep my wardrobe updated with the world I'm in.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Don't care what I look like - spending coins and crowns on aesthetics seems like a waste until you're level 90+, then you stitch your waterworks gear abilities onto your rockin' outfit or your starter robe and hat just for lols.

Especially if the items you want to stitch abilities to, have a totally different color from your school's color. Tan is the new black this year!

@Paige MoonShade: I hope they fix that. I would not want to lose something awesome that way.

Community Leader
It depends on the look. If I love my look, I'll just stitch to keep updating the stats on it.

If I'm tired of the look, I find a new outfit to stitch over and keep the stats.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
The only thing that I ever have ever stitched, and would ever think about stitching are the new wigs in the test realm. Those are the only things that I would stitch, because the looks and the fact that I have always wanted to get rid of the hat.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Hi Prfessor Greyrose!
I so totally stitch and switch my gears, it isn't even funny. I like my wizards to look good to me. I like stitching because I can stitch gears so that the gears that my wizards are wearing look good, to me, and so I can get the best stats available, while enjoying the way my wizards look.
I'm not gonna be rude here, but, there are some wands and cutlasseses' and weapons that just don't fit my personality/ the way I want or think my wizards look good, to me. Some gear/clothing, too.
I stich for those reasons .
People have certain images for their wizards they like to keep to because they like what they are seeing.
It kinda personally bugs me to not to be in keeping with how I see my wizards, even if other wizards have different ideas for their wizards.
Totally stitch for those reasons.
I

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
For the most part, I keep one outfit if I find one I like. Unless some other intriguing look come along :)

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
My wizards all wear cute school gear some of which I got as far back as Krok. I stitch and re-stitch and dye the same clothes and wands for the look I want because all of the new gear is ugly. How about cleaning out the bazaar and getting rid of most of that old stuff and coming up with modern school gear like jeans and t-shirts, ball caps, running shoes? With optional glasses. So many of the kids wear glasses, you know.
By the way, I am a 62 year old grandma.
Thanks for the opportunity for input,
Paige Willowleaf

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I stitch a lot and some items I restitch many times to reuse the same item often but with different looks. Other items I just buy several of the same so I can do my stitching all at once and just change clothes.

One thing is I get bored with the same look, even if I change the dying on it but I also have different outfits depending on what kind of battling I'm doing. Sometimes I'm the healer, sometimes I'm equally healer & hitter, sometimes I'm on a team and a lot of the time I'm solo. Then of course there's the fact that mobs and bosses or pvp require different things too.

Another thing is if I only win one good crown piece of gear or ran out of crowns or knew I'd only be in DS a little longer I just buy one - so by necessity that one item gets re-stitched a lot. Also, every year my characters are in different levels & gear so it'd be nice to be able to re-stitch a holiday outfit to different gear each year without losing the holiday hat or the crown gear - so thanks for working on that one

Same goes for the hair if it makes it to Live - it would be nice to be able to buy 3 hairs and stitch them to my favorite 3 hats - but be able to stitch it for the holidays, and un-stitch it after the holidays - as long as they fix the bit where my good stat hat comes back looking like it did in original condition - not with the look I'd already stitched to it before I put on the hair.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
I tend to keep the looks of the same outfit... Or slightly alter it every once in a while, I do this because of the lack of "Good looking clothes" (Only in my eyes) I prefer something that can make you look classy, and elegant The Wizard City clothing and Marleybone clothes are the best at these, I would love if you can remove the cape from something for about, 300 gold though... That would make me spend so much more of my gold... Picture the elgant outfit without the cape for guys...

Cody Stone- Promethean Diviner
Mason Moon- Adept Thaumaturge

Love you prof. Greyrose <3333

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
As each of my wizards level up, I get to know their personality. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right outfit that fits that personality that has developed. Once I find it, I will buy more than one outfit, then stitch. Since I generally keep more than one piece in my backpack so I can switch gear just before a battle, I like to make sure that when I do, I have the same look.

Besides, wizards need to be fashionably stylish while defending the Spiral.