Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idle time outs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2011
Is there a way the game could be modified to allow a player to disconnect without having to completely restart the game (and wait to re scan the software for updates again as it was 10 minutes ago and 30 minutes before that etc)? I notice a lot of players will put something on the keyboard to make their character spin in circles while they're away. I understand the need to time out idle players to allow active players to utilize the servers but completely restarting the software every time you get called away gets frustrating at times especially if you use older hardware. I believe a faster method of reconnecting say from the character select screen without closing the program completely would lessen the need to disconnect idle players. I would certainly use such a method. I currently play while I work as a caregiver at night as a way to stay awake while my patient sleeps but when she needs me I have to go then wait while the program restarts.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ronan Dark on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
Is there a way the game could be modified to allow a player to disconnect without having to completely restart the game (and wait to re scan the software for updates again as it was 10 minutes ago and 30 minutes before that etc)? I notice a lot of players will put something on the keyboard to make their character spin in circles while they're away. I understand the need to time out idle players to allow active players to utilize the servers but completely restarting the software every time you get called away gets frustrating at times especially if you use older hardware. I believe a faster method of reconnecting say from the character select screen without closing the program completely would lessen the need to disconnect idle players. I would certainly use such a method. I currently play while I work as a caregiver at night as a way to stay awake while my patient sleeps but when she needs me I have to go then wait while the program restarts.
There is a time limit already: 30 minutes. If you are idle you get disconnected.Hence people "spinning" to keep connected.
Your choice is to disconnect, be idle or spin. That's it. I don't see this changing since it's been requested many times already and spinning is easy.