Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strategies on Pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
Hi everyone :) I hope your day is going well.. and I would just like to know if anybody could just give me some strategies for matches. I'm just looking for 1v1 and 2v2 strategies like gear, tips, and other things that may prove useful

I'm a Life at level 73. So don't help me by giving me suggestions for Level 90 gear.

Here is what I need to know

-Gear
- Life vs. Life
- Tips on deck
- ANY packs suggested MIGHT be useful (Probably Raven's?)
- Treasure Cards

If there is anything else you might want to add, just post it! If you think any of these could help in real battles out of arena, tell me so I know for strategy.

~Battle Heads~
- Emily Battle Head Ice 7
- Seth Battle Head Death 6
- Taylor Battle Head Balance 16
- Mason Battle Head Storm 16
- Matthew Battle Head Life 73

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
1. Sun spells like Colossal, Extraordinary, and Cloak: For the basic benefits of the spell plus they make extra copies of the spell you enchanted upon reshuffle.
2. Weakness and Tower Shield to mitigate opponent damage. Little known is that a weakness with cloak and a weakness with Extraordinary constitutes two separate and different weaknesses, which can be handy.
3. Infection and/or Doom and Gloom to mitigate opponent healing.
4. Use your treasure deck for things like pre-made enchanted attacks, and any spells you might need to defeat certain strategies, like maybe triage, dark pact, or weakness, or cleanse ward.

I've also seen Life use a Myth Amulet effectively, to break shields before a huge attack.

Not sure when you get Guardian Spirit. That spell alone makes Life almost invulnerable.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
hehe my strategy is to cloak towershields so they won't know what it is and to cast cloak weaknesses,infections and dispels. and also you should really hide your blades and you should proably only use universal traps. and you should carry either a balance mastery, a myth mastery, a fire mastery or my favorite one to use in both pvp and pve life mastery. myth will be good for spamming shatter and earthquake,fire will be good for spamming efreet from time to time,balance will be good for using at least a chimera,hydra or probably once or twice a manaburn. life would be great for healing like using satyr pixie and rebirth. masteries are important and also one thing try wearing gear that mostly defends like jade gear or crafted azteca gear and make sure you're critical block is high enough so no critical can get by it. and you will probably need a great pet with spritely and resistance. I hope you found my tips on pvp quite useful. (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
JinxHawk on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
Hi everyone :) I hope your day is going well.. and I would just like to know if anybody could just give me some strategies for matches. I'm just looking for 1v1 and 2v2 strategies like gear, tips, and other things that may prove useful

I'm a Life at level 73. So don't help me by giving me suggestions for Level 90 gear.

Here is what I need to know

-Gear
- Life vs. Life
- Tips on deck
- ANY packs suggested MIGHT be useful (Probably Raven's?)
- Treasure Cards

If there is anything else you might want to add, just post it! If you think any of these could help in real battles out of arena, tell me so I know for strategy.

~Battle Heads~
- Emily Battle Head Ice 7
- Seth Battle Head Death 6
- Taylor Battle Head Balance 16
- Mason Battle Head Storm 16
- Matthew Battle Head Life 73
A lot of the time lifes use WW (waterworks) gear. In your deck carry a mix of heals and hits, never go one or the other. I like to use TC infection so I can pull it up at any time. I do the same with weakness. Carry life dispels. Make sure to carry triage. No pips and takes off a DoT is like the best spell ever. Life minions are underrated. If someone kills you the life minion can heal you that same turn and keep the battle going.

Advice from a Ice..Sorry if its bad.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
chopper99933 on May 10, 2013 wrote:
hehe my strategy is to cloak towershields so they won't know what it is and to cast cloak weaknesses,infections and dispels. and also you should really hide your blades and you should proably only use universal traps. and you should carry either a balance mastery, a myth mastery, a fire mastery or my favorite one to use in both pvp and pve life mastery. myth will be good for spamming shatter and earthquake,fire will be good for spamming efreet from time to time,balance will be good for using at least a chimera,hydra or probably once or twice a manaburn. life would be great for healing like using satyr pixie and rebirth. masteries are important and also one thing try wearing gear that mostly defends like jade gear or crafted azteca gear and make sure you're critical block is high enough so no critical can get by it. and you will probably need a great pet with spritely and resistance. I hope you found my tips on pvp quite useful. (Blaze Moonmender promethean)
wait what am i saying about jade gear don't use it all the way just try the hat and boots and wear an all atttacking robe with a pet with good stats that is also great

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
chopper99933 on May 10, 2013 wrote:
i made a mistake i forgot you were already life lol

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
use gnomes and fluffy (forest lord) and use ww gear till you get gear for life that is better on attack then heal and use wands with block and if you need more help just ask

dustin battlewraith level 88 LIFE

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
My life uses Jade Gear along with...
Wolf's Emerald Talon and Ring of the Hunting Wolf.

I use cloaked Storm, Ice, Fire, and Death dispels.
I use cloaked tower shields.
I use cloaked Blades
I use cloaked

I spam satyr and fairy.
I put in rebirths.
And finally I carry tc of every duo-shield and tri-shield.

Oh and not to mention the life aura and gnome.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
Brennan123547 on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
My life uses Jade Gear along with...
Wolf's Emerald Talon and Ring of the Hunting Wolf.

I use cloaked Storm, Ice, Fire, and Death dispels.
I use cloaked tower shields.
I use cloaked Blades
I use cloaked

I spam satyr and fairy.
I put in rebirths.
And finally I carry tc of every duo-shield and tri-shield.

Oh and not to mention the life aura and gnome.
my promethean life uses jade gear sometimes in pvp

max level

pvp warlord

random staring at wall wizard