Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Now remember why I gave up Crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 16, 2011
I started the craft quest but then gave up shortly after. Now 60 levels later I figured I would give it a try again. I am trying to get fossils and bazaar did not have any. No problem go find Stone Block. Not a big deal they are everywhere. I have picked up 173 stone block and go 1 fossil. I am already about to give up on crafting yet again or am I doing something wrong

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
DJFeared on Mar 9, 2013 wrote:
I started the craft quest but then gave up shortly after. Now 60 levels later I figured I would give it a try again. I am trying to get fossils and bazaar did not have any. No problem go find Stone Block. Not a big deal they are everywhere. I have picked up 173 stone block and go 1 fossil. I am already about to give up on crafting yet again or am I doing something wrong
Balthazar Dragonthorn sells a Transmute Fossil Recipe that requires 15 stone blocks for 1 fossil. If you trasmute all your stone blocks, you will get 11 fossils, so 12 in total.

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Transmute_Fossil

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Balthazar_Dragonthorn

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I don't know, but in my opinion (not sure if this is real) but lower level worlds don't give as much fossil.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
you can transmute stone block into fossil it takes 15 stone blocks for 1 fossil.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
don't give up on crafting just yet :) in order to get fossil go to celestia and look for the vendor who sells transmute recipes then collect stone blocks and get to work making fossils thats what i did and it's much quicker than trying to buy them or hoping for a drop. shanna fireheart level 90 pyromancer. have fun

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
You can buy transmute recipes from a Avery Templeton in Celestia Base Camp. One of those recipes allows you to transmute 15 stone blocks to 1 fossil.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DJFeared on Mar 9, 2013 wrote:
The later crafting quests are much worse. Making the drums in zafaria were tedious and frustrating and getting agave nectar is time consuming also. I didnt think the beginning crafter quests were to bad, As others have mentioned for fossil the transmute is an easy answer. Anywhere there are blocks you have a chance at a fossil and i have found that krok has the best block spawn rates of any world.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Mar 11, 2013 wrote:
The later crafting quests are much worse. Making the drums in zafaria were tedious and frustrating and getting agave nectar is time consuming also. I didnt think the beginning crafter quests were to bad, As others have mentioned for fossil the transmute is an easy answer. Anywhere there are blocks you have a chance at a fossil and i have found that krok has the best block spawn rates of any world.
I wont bother with the Azteca Crafting Quest. Because look at the fire hat, as an example: only 5 more critical points. Same thing with everything. Slightly better. I want new stuff!

I love having different sets of gear to make different builds. If I'm facing storm, I will equip my crafted Hat, Robe, and my Crowns Fire Boots which gives critical. I will also use my overpowered critical wand (gives about 120 critical) so I have my complete critical build. Use item card vengeance from the Amulet sold in Abbey Road. Mayhem. They will barely block.

On Ice, however, I opt for my damage set build. I get 75% more damage from gear, cause I dont care of critical against ice. They have better block.

But they always have the same theme for gear.

Hat: Super Major Critical and Cheep resist for other schools in your group

Robes: Critical Block for schools of your group and resist. Lower damage than Waterworks, but higher critical.

Boots: Ice/Your school boots are better. I love them! But the other items: I dont bother crafting.

I HATE crafting, but if we want decent stats, it feels like we are FORCED to.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I had done no crafting quests up until Zafaria. Then I decided I wanted some items of gear. So I zipped through the crafting quests up to Zafaria in a weekend. Then i did the zafaria crafting including gear over the course of the following week. This wasn't dedicated play for crafting, it just took that long to figure out how to do it.

So I crafted my Zafaria stuff and I was only a small part into the world. Okay, makes sense. Lots of people complain including myself but totally achievable.

The azteca crafting seems to be quite different. I cant figure out a 'smart' way of doing it. I am about to enter alto alto and I don't have the basic crafting quest done, never mind equipment crafting. I am going to be level 90 pretty soon. If I complete the main quest without azteca gear then there is obviously no need to craft it.

After the main quest I will still clean up side quests and help friends, but there won't be much need for better gear. And from what I understand there is no 'awesome cool' factor associated with the crafted gear.

Shared-bank stuff to my next wizards if/when they ever reach level 86 so they can get some useful questing benifit out of it seems to be the only reason for doing this crafting.