Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insane Bolt

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 20, 2010
I was in pvp, and about to kill the storm. I was being harassed by his friends to give up, but i knew I was going to win. He had one hundred health left. As i selected a spell to kill him, he went first, and casted Insane Bolt, he critical and killed me ( I had 1500 health). I don't think Insane Bolt is fair in pvp since the odds of hitting yourself are 20 or 30%, there should be some kind of restriction.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Hey, the tc is already been restricted from pvp and storm wizards work hard for the spell, it's fair game.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Wizgamer105 on Mar 9, 2013 wrote:
I was in pvp, and about to kill the storm. I was being harassed by his friends to give up, but i knew I was going to win. He had one hundred health left. As i selected a spell to kill him, he went first, and casted Insane Bolt, he critical and killed me ( I had 1500 health). I don't think Insane Bolt is fair in pvp since the odds of hitting yourself are 20 or 30%, there should be some kind of restriction.
the guy who beat you got lucky~you didn't.

other examples:

~spirit armour does not protect against death's drain spells;
~mana burn does not prevent a pre-selected spell from casting;
~earthquake does not remove stun blocks;
~shatter does not remove spirit armour.

sorry about your bad luck, but the spell itself does not need a nerf.
the fact that there's a chance of that spell killing the caster is reason enough.

-von

90 balance
85 death
72 storm
48 life
25 myth & ice
22 fire

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
I tried to say that, there is only a small amount of chance that they will die. 20% or 30% in unlikely, in my opinion that should be higher.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Did you try using Tower Shield, Weakness, or things like that? Those are some effective ways to block an Insane Bolt user. Remember, there's a good chance it'll knock him out in one shot instead, so it's a fair, balanced spell.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
Well isane bolt should not be restricted from PvP because it doesnt only have a chance at hitting you, it also has a chance at killing the person that has cassed the spell.