Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Hatching Questions

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
There are several things I would like to know about hatching pets.

1. Do you keep the parents when you hatch?
2. How are the stats on the pet determined?
3. How do you get the stats you really want? I see many people with spell-proof and spell-defy (14% global right there!) as well as may cast "fairy" and may cast "sprite" but how do they get those while disregarding the other not-so-good statistics?

P.S. I'm a bit behind in training/hatching pets for my level... 83, and my pet gives spell proof, mana gift, and pip o' plenty all through training with no hatching.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Yes you keep both parents as long as they are yours originally , Meaning you hatched by your self.
Stats/talents get pulled from both parents.
You must hatch pets that have the talents you want and breed them into the new pet. Takes time and patience.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dominooooo on Mar 6, 2013 wrote:
There are several things I would like to know about hatching pets.

1. Do you keep the parents when you hatch?
2. How are the stats on the pet determined?
3. How do you get the stats you really want? I see many people with spell-proof and spell-defy (14% global right there!) as well as may cast "fairy" and may cast "sprite" but how do they get those while disregarding the other not-so-good statistics?

P.S. I'm a bit behind in training/hatching pets for my level... 83, and my pet gives spell proof, mana gift, and pip o' plenty all through training with no hatching.
1) yes
2) it's random
3) you have to try over and over again with pets that have some of those stats and hope they are combined into one. there is no guarantee

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
I would be more than happy to answer these for you!
1. You do keep the parents when you hatch. Do not worry about losing them, they will stay with you.
2. Stats are randomly determined. There is not a one hundred percent chance that if you hatch with a person with Spritely, that you will get that stat. Sometimes, the slot is occupied by another talent.
3. To get the stats you really want, keep hatching with pets that have those stats. Eventually, you are bound to get it. Patience is key in hatching.
Hope this helped you out!
~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
To get the best stats while dodging the unwanted ones, it is best to focus on your pet's Power. For example, if you level you pet to Teen with 5 power, you will most likely get an unwanted statistic. However, if you train your pet to Teen and it has, say, 50 power, it may get a good statistic such as Spritely or Freeze. Mega Snack Packs usually give snacks with a good amount of power.