Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bogus talents at Mega

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
sberger11604 on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
My Jinn got Tenacious at Mega. Come on, man.
i'm with you~ buddy, my sporty dragon, got spirited at epic.

buddy was my balance wizard's perfect pet (sharp shot, balance-it, and proof) before that awful selfish stat increase showed up. it's been stuck in my pool for ages, and i can't get rid of it, despite hatching with friends who have perfect pets, over and over.

my current pet, fluffy (a therizinosaurus), is epic and has proof, sprite, fairy, and add balance... but i'm afraid to risk leveling him to mega, just in case that selfish talent shows up in the last slot; there's too much chance involved.

seriously, there should be something in the game that makes any selfish talents manifest before adult.

-von

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
This is the one thing thats makes me very angry. Selfish talents should never be given at mega or epic in my opinion.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
sberger11604 on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
My Jinn got Tenacious at Mega. Come on, man.
Happens - really bad when its at mega. I do dozens of pets a week most don't make it past ancient because they fail and the few that make it to epic or mega usually fail.

How many re hatches with your jinn with pets that have no selfish talents? Selfish to me is a thing of the past years ago.

Since may cast fairy has come around thats like a must have talent in pets. I keep getting SPUD but fairy hides or does not appear. Or strange variations like 70 trap, proof, mc tower, mc sprite etc

any card like disarm , tower ect is an instant fail for me sometimes these show up :-) this is what keeps us doing pets because they usually fail. I do have spud+f pets and pets with proof and all 4 heals etc. some think thats the perfect pet.

I have yet to get the "perfect setup for me"
a red ghost with
Proof, defy, may cast tower, may cast sprite, may cast fairy

good luck on your pets!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Tenacious would be a great name for a pet. Not the best talent though. Disappointing especially if none of the other talents use the strength attribute (damage, resistance, pip chance).

It would be nice if KI could include some logic in the pet training to ensure certain particularly useless talents don't get learned at epic or mega (unless the pet simply has no other reasonable talents inherited).

Examples of completely useless talents I would not want my pet learning at epic or mega are:
- attribute boosts if the pet doesn't already have a talent that uses that attribute.
- off-school talents (talents very specific to other wizard school from wizard doing the training).

For wizards level 50+ the tiny mana or health boost talents are crumby, but at least they aren't completely useless.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Thats why I train my pets to 1500/2000 before bringing them to mega. I'm waiting for test for my SPPD trolling stone to see if it gets fairy or what.

It's not really worth the risk sometimes... Unless you are 100% positive you know what you will get. Which is almost never.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I would gladly pay crowns to find out what talents my pet will have.

Ellie
Deliver Me from Evil is a great book!