Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

please make some restrictions on ranked pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
as a unexperienced pvp duelist, i dont know much about pvp and i really want to become a pvp commander for a dress i been wanting since i was level 6. but i'm not well at battling and all the other good battlers dont want to help me, the problem i have is that i always go up against warlords and they never give me a chance to attack, i tried fixing my deck and every thing possible even down to my pets but i still never win, i think it would be easier for every one like me if we had some restrictions on ranked like what is the range of rank you can fight and level because i keep seeing low levels complain about this game when they lose to a high level warlord.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
...Basically what I interpreted was "Make people go easier on me". Find a strategy. What's your school and level? I am sure central has a guide.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Unfortunately the matching system in PvP has been in a bit of a mess for a while. But in reality, it is better to start with a young wizard in my opinion. If the Matching system IS in fact matching you correctly as to your wizards level, fighting warlords is a risk you will encounter quite often. I don't think it would be right to match by rank. The unfortunate part of it is , you will find warlords at various levels and some not all, did gain it through Puppet teams.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
When my wizard was a lower level I played PvP a couple times and got slaughtered. Never played PvP since.

I don't see how a first time wizard under level 50 can possibly win against an equivalent leveled wizard being played by a gamer that has high leveled wizards on the same account. Not counting experience: shared banking pets, gear, and unlimited wealth makes a match ridiculous.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
i think they should make some restrictions on pvp 2,like pvp is about who has better skill and they compete against each other 2 see whos skill is better, but over the years pvp is just abt higher rank and people nowadays find wut ever way 2 cheat in pvp such as puppets, and CRITICAL. critical in my opinion is a failure cuz 4 1 like i said pvp is about skill, critical is about luck not "skill" and it ruined pvp and it pretty much just helps puppets get a "fake rank" i recently just started pvp and at first my record was 51-26 i was a pvp captain atm then i lvled up a bit then i started 2 face puppets and now i am a sergeat cuz in to matched i faced 2 puppets and lost 43 points both of them combined, so if kl could possibly make a restriction based on those pvp will b saved literally.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
omagha on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
i think they should make some restrictions on pvp 2,like pvp is about who has better skill and they compete against each other 2 see whos skill is better, but over the years pvp is just abt higher rank and people nowadays find wut ever way 2 cheat in pvp such as puppets, and CRITICAL. critical in my opinion is a failure cuz 4 1 like i said pvp is about skill, critical is about luck not "skill" and it ruined pvp and it pretty much just helps puppets get a "fake rank" i recently just started pvp and at first my record was 51-26 i was a pvp captain atm then i lvled up a bit then i started 2 face puppets and now i am a sergeat cuz in to matched i faced 2 puppets and lost 43 points both of them combined, so if kl could possibly make a restriction based on those pvp will b saved literally.
Critical is a purely random thing. If players keep asking for this to be nerfed or that to be nerfed, this to be restricted or something else, it won't be long till there will be no point to PvP.

Unless you know exactly what or who you are facing, I don't think it is that easy to determine who is or is not a Puppet. The PvP system is broken and has been for a long time. There is now way I could consider taking another wizard to PvP under the current conditions.

Unfortunately, you are not the only one to lose rank and certainly won't be the last. I am not trying to be rude, so please don't take it that way. And restricting Critical isn't going to save PvP. It goes a lot deeper than that. The Matching system needs to be fixed, and a way needs to be found to prevent Puppet Teams along with a few other issues. Until those are fixed, you enter at your own risk.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Goldendragon said:

"Critical is a purely random thing."

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Critical hit ratings are percentages on gear that is available based on level. A few levels difference allows a wizard to wear an artical of clothing that makes a significant difference (ie: double damage). Critical is not purely random, it has a probability associated to it.

Wizards below a certain level have zero defence against critical. As a wizard level increases ability to wear gear with critical block percentage improves. Similar to the critical rating, the difference of few wizard levels allows the equiping of gear that makes a significant difference.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RottenHeart on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
Goldendragon said:

"Critical is a purely random thing."

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Critical hit ratings are percentages on gear that is available based on level. A few levels difference allows a wizard to wear an artical of clothing that makes a significant difference (ie: double damage). Critical is not purely random, it has a probability associated to it.

Wizards below a certain level have zero defence against critical. As a wizard level increases ability to wear gear with critical block percentage improves. Similar to the critical rating, the difference of few wizard levels allows the equiping of gear that makes a significant difference.
Yes. RottenHeart, there is a probability associated with Critical, but that does not mean you are going to Crit on every cast. My Fire wizard has the highest Critical hit of all my wizards. Won't give you the exact number but she is over 150. Even with that she may or may not do a Critical hit. So Technically, it is still random.

But to get back to the real topic, if players keep wanting one thing or another nerfed or restricted in PvP then what is the point of doing PvP. Those of us that have finished or are well into AZ, know that a lot of the requested restrictions for PvP are going to smack you in the face when you do get to AZ. Wouldn't it be more practical to learn to deal with and defend against it in PvP?

Priorities for fixes in PvP should be the Matching System, Puppet Teams, and Downranking first of all.

But when you start restricting Spells, TCs, Pets, Pet Cards, Gear Cards or enhancements, Spell Enchantments, then you may as well get rid of PvP altogether. By the time all this is restricted or removed, there will be no reason to go to the arena to test your skills will there?

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
Nicole Lifethorn on Feb 21, 2013 wrote:
as a unexperienced pvp duelist, i dont know much about pvp and i really want to become a pvp commander for a dress i been wanting since i was level 6. but i'm not well at battling and all the other good battlers dont want to help me, the problem i have is that i always go up against warlords and they never give me a chance to attack, i tried fixing my deck and every thing possible even down to my pets but i still never win, i think it would be easier for every one like me if we had some restrictions on ranked like what is the range of rank you can fight and level because i keep seeing low levels complain about this game when they lose to a high level warlord.
yes and they should vs PVP match with right restrictions because say they happen to me and vs warlord and now it and give people in there own payback so, make a secret attack on mine own!