Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What am I doing wrong?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 04, 2013
I log in every morning and check my garden, then with work or my babies I'm busy until the evening. I always check my garden AT LEAST two times a day and I don't plant much since I enjoy leveling pets too so just 5 plants at a time. I have snowy green apples that are doing great and have a fairy helping my garden, helephant ears, a pink laugh-o-dil and a tiger lily. Well this morning my laugh-o-dil and tiger lily were dead! I just checked them around ten last night and healed any needs or pests! What happened?? They only needed pollination, a quick fix and now they're back to young, any advice? I don't want to stop gardening but if I have to check more then I already do I just can't, I'm already on often enough =/ I got 40 levels in my first month and am taking my time, still in mooshu, just to give you an idea and that I'm not a neglectful gardener! Thank you for any input

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Jilleyann420 on Feb 8, 2013 wrote:
I log in every morning and check my garden, then with work or my babies I'm busy until the evening. I always check my garden AT LEAST two times a day and I don't plant much since I enjoy leveling pets too so just 5 plants at a time. I have snowy green apples that are doing great and have a fairy helping my garden, helephant ears, a pink laugh-o-dil and a tiger lily. Well this morning my laugh-o-dil and tiger lily were dead! I just checked them around ten last night and healed any needs or pests! What happened?? They only needed pollination, a quick fix and now they're back to young, any advice? I don't want to stop gardening but if I have to check more then I already do I just can't, I'm already on often enough =/ I got 40 levels in my first month and am taking my time, still in mooshu, just to give you an idea and that I'm not a neglectful gardener! Thank you for any input
It doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong...it sounds like a glitch to me. Perhaps try emailing support and reporting it if Professor Greyrose doesn't address this soon.
:(

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Possibly some of your plants got a pest that you did not notice. There are rank 1 to 5 pests. Higher ranked pests require higher ranked spell. I haven't ever had stuff die in 24 hours.

I use gardening only to supplement my backpack. If you are trying to grow stuff for crafting recipes it is much faster to accumulate wealth (gold) and then camp out at the bazaar and learn to click the mouse fast.

Another tip if you want to garden and train a pet. Take a couple hours and make a second wizard on the same account. Level the wizard up quickly to level 10 or 15 such that it has about 40 energy points. Use your shared bank to send a designated pet to your new wizard. Use your second wizard for training your next up and coming pet while your primary wizard gardens. Remember you can shared bank other items to your second wizard to sell at the bazaar.

Happy wizarding!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Sometimes, no matter how many times you check your gardens, the plants wilt.

Another poster on these forums (don't remember who), wisely pointed out to take care of needs before pests, because needs will kill a plant where a pest will just delay progress.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Oh no... The silver trumpet vine glitch is happening with those also?!

Survivor
Jan 04, 2013
RottenHeart on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:
Possibly some of your plants got a pest that you did not notice. There are rank 1 to 5 pests. Higher ranked pests require higher ranked spell. I haven't ever had stuff die in 24 hours.

I use gardening only to supplement my backpack. If you are trying to grow stuff for crafting recipes it is much faster to accumulate wealth (gold) and then camp out at the bazaar and learn to click the mouse fast.

Another tip if you want to garden and train a pet. Take a couple hours and make a second wizard on the same account. Level the wizard up quickly to level 10 or 15 such that it has about 40 energy points. Use your shared bank to send a designated pet to your new wizard. Use your second wizard for training your next up and coming pet while your primary wizard gardens. Remember you can shared bank other items to your second wizard to sell at the bazaar.

Happy wizarding!
That is a great idea! Often after addressing my plants I don't have much energy left to level my pet, I had no idea I could share that responsibility with another wizard, and I was interested in a myth wizard! Also I garden not for regents, or gold, I do it because the plants look awesome! I love the way a few happy faces greet me when I warp home and raising something from seed to a surprise. Also I am addicted to packs and get lots of seeds from them and I can't bring myself to sell them, so one at a time I'm planting and raising them to find out what they look like.

An update, last night my laugh o dil had wilted again so I just plowed it up, everything else is doing fine and I will just try and slow down on what I'm planting, hopefully a moderator will reply with a final piece of advice, thanks for responding everyone

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
Jilleyann420 on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:
That is a great idea! Often after addressing my plants I don't have much energy left to level my pet, I had no idea I could share that responsibility with another wizard, and I was interested in a myth wizard! Also I garden not for regents, or gold, I do it because the plants look awesome! I love the way a few happy faces greet me when I warp home and raising something from seed to a surprise. Also I am addicted to packs and get lots of seeds from them and I can't bring myself to sell them, so one at a time I'm planting and raising them to find out what they look like.

An update, last night my laugh o dil had wilted again so I just plowed it up, everything else is doing fine and I will just try and slow down on what I'm planting, hopefully a moderator will reply with a final piece of advice, thanks for responding everyone

And your higher level gardening wizard can put high level pet snacks in the shared bank for your low level pet training wizard. So many things we don't know. :)
Michael NIghtgem