Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire the Shuffler

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Really? Last several Boss fights I get into and out of 55 card deck I can guarantee that 2 to 3 spells in my starting hand are the healing spells, yet I can never find my death blades til late. Either fire the shuffler or let him shuffle for me at Vegas because it always puts all the same cards together.Oh I only have 4 healing cards in my deck so I have to throw them away (yeah I know real bad idea) or sit and take damage and just keep healing - hmmm don't really win to many battles without damaging the opponent, Really, the Shuffling stinks! You try to have a decent spray of cards and you get diddly as to what your fighting. 4 healing spells I can guarantee 2 to 3 in my starting hand, 3 balance blades I get those first (only when getting power pips mind you) and 6 blades I rarely see. Hmmm the logic of probability is not quite working unless you do that fuzzy new math where 1 + 1 = 2764 somehow?

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Well one way to help your situation is take that 55 card deck and make it a 25 card deck, This increases your chance on getting cards you need.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
Well one way to help your situation is take that 55 card deck and make it a 25 card deck, This increases your chance on getting cards you need.
But lowers the amount of cards you can have in your deck, making longer boss fights harder.

Developer
eeee303 on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
But lowers the amount of cards you can have in your deck, making longer boss fights harder.
Yes, this is true young Wizard, and exactly why the Reshuffle spell is so valuable. Having one or two Reshuffle spells in your deck is something you may want to try, especially in longer boss fights. Just remember how many you have and don't discard them all during the duel!

Also, while a larger deck means you are less likely to run out of spells, you may still be discarding many of those spells to get the ones you want in your hand. Essentially you are extending the duel because you aren't casting an optimal spell each turn. With a smaller deck, you increase your chances of getting the spell you need each round. If you casting a blade, shield, trap, attack spell, etc. each turn, you are ultimately reducing the length of the duel since you won't be spending turns discarding.

If you would like additional assistance, feel free to post your deck. Good luck!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
CastleLock on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
Really? Last several Boss fights I get into and out of 55 card deck I can guarantee that 2 to 3 spells in my starting hand are the healing spells, yet I can never find my death blades til late. Either fire the shuffler or let him shuffle for me at Vegas because it always puts all the same cards together.Oh I only have 4 healing cards in my deck so I have to throw them away (yeah I know real bad idea) or sit and take damage and just keep healing - hmmm don't really win to many battles without damaging the opponent, Really, the Shuffling stinks! You try to have a decent spray of cards and you get diddly as to what your fighting. 4 healing spells I can guarantee 2 to 3 in my starting hand, 3 balance blades I get those first (only when getting power pips mind you) and 6 blades I rarely see. Hmmm the logic of probability is not quite working unless you do that fuzzy new math where 1 + 1 = 2764 somehow?
The current trend is maximize your usable spells by putting only the ones you really need/use in your deck and train Reshuffle or have it in your sideboard.

Mob fights I have 9-12 cards in deck, Boss fights 15-20 tops. I start using 2 decks early on and switch between them adding only prisms and adjusting the sideboard spells, maybe.

As your level gets higher and you can add better gear for power pip chance and damage you will also need less spells to finish the fight.

If you want to do the math, base your deck on how much damage you actually need to defeat the monster. In the end you will find that if you use a more efficient deck it will actually shorten fights up enough where you won't be defeated as much either.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
Absolutely.

For PvE reshuffle cards are cheap, and with a 25 card deck you should only need them in special circumstances.

A couple nights ago a guy asked me to help him with some Azteca battles. Battling enemies with 10K+ health he kept using 1-2 pip attack cards and wand spells, chipping away with 200->800 pt hits, blowing away traps and feints like dust and using reshuffle numerous times per battle. His attitude suggested he was not a little kid. Apparently this was his standard method. It was amazing to watch. I had never seen anything like it.