Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Hatching With The Same Pedigree?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Hi Wizards!

I would like to know if you hatch two pets with the same pedigree, will the pedigree be increased with the off-spring or will it stay the same?

Thanks!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Frankie Crowley on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
Hi Wizards!

I would like to know if you hatch two pets with the same pedigree, will the pedigree be increased with the off-spring or will it stay the same?

Thanks!
Depends, on what i am not sure though lol. Ive had them increase decrease and stay same.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Pedigree is calculated based on the talents a pet has. When you hatch a pet it gets 10 of the talents from the two parents and pedigree is calculated accordingly. So based on the inherited talents a pet gets pedigree can go up, down, or stay the same.

If you hatch from two identical pets with identical potential talents (ex: two first generation unicorns) the new pet will get the same pedigree.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Hi Wizards!

Thanks!
Depends.

if you have 2 shop sea dragons first generation and you self hatch you will always get 72 ped. Now if you mix with a different pet that could have a talent that's not in the other pet it could move over causing it to go up or down.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Hi Wizards!

Thanks!
It depends on the talents the pet gets. I've hatched a 57 pedigree pet with a 60 pedigree pet and gotten a 62 pedigree pet. It just happened to get a lot of the rarer talents.