Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Unicorn

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
I have a pet unicorn that has reached epic age/experience level but still doesn't have spritely abilities. She therefore cannot heal like other pets at the same level. Is this because she is Life school or because she is not old enough yet?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Eots on Jan 31, 2013 wrote:
I have a pet unicorn that has reached epic age/experience level but still doesn't have spritely abilities. She therefore cannot heal like other pets at the same level. Is this because she is Life school or because she is not old enough yet?
That's because the unicorn does not have spritely as one of it's talents.
You need to check out your pets' possible talents before wasting all that time/gold training a pet like this.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Unicorn

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
It's because she just not have the talent. Each pet have talents you can train them to, but unicorn don't have the healing ability. Different pets got different talents.

Jonathan Frogheart - Ice Wizard
I just got my ice wyvern pet

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
It's because a Unicorn pet, from the info I have seen, and unless you hatch it with another pet, does NOT have the spritely ability. I know, it seems silly that a pet, designed after a healing spell, doesn't have that healing spell.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Eots on Jan 31, 2013 wrote:
The Unicorn pet (if from the Wizard City store) can't get the Spritely talent without hatching and receiving a slightly better pedigree Unicorn pet. (The hatching may take a while though.)

Survivor
Aug 24, 2012
You said that your pet reached epic, right? This is what i think, when your pet reaches anceint it should do some type of spell, but if it doesn't ask KI about that.

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
Spritley is a pet talent, ETOS, not a attribute your pet automatically gains when it is old enough, restricted for only the most advanced pets. Since your Unicorn only has a pedigree of 29, it has not got a high enough pedigree to earn spritley or other may-cast talents. My self, an amateur student of the life school, has studied pets and their pedigrees as a paper and recently earned an A to qualify for my new sprite spell, and have discovered that to get a fair chance of receiving spritely you should try get a pet with a pedigree of 57 OR OVER. There are some pets at the the crowns shop that offer spritey below that level, but assuming you dowt use crowns, you should either farm bosses that you know drop advanced pets or speak to Wellington Fawshawe in Celestia base camp for a we surprise which I think is particularly good value... good luck!
Amy Rainrunner lvl 10 wizard city protector

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
Yeah, you are all correct. I remembered the Spritley Talent thing while I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep. Thank you all for the help. Maybe it is more sleep that I need and not a spritely unicorn. Anyway, there once was a FOG Unicorn that had the talent. I will keep watch and see if it ever comes back.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Unicorn does not have spritely as talent. A good idea though is to hatch with someone that has spritely.