Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How many Charms and Traps can be chained?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2013
Hello,
First I'd like to thank you if you are taking the time to read and reply to my post.
I'm rather new here to W101 I started played about 4 days ago having a blast. I'm currently a level 42 death wizard and am having some pretty big turmoil in the way of building my deck. Now I've read many many post and taken quite a few hours to learn all about the set up for a death wizard and what my goals are for combat. Buff up and one shot monsters. Don't mistake me for ask away and not trying or researching myself because I have done both spent many hours trying to find the answer to my question.

So here is my question how many spells am I able to chain to a single turn for the most damage possible.
When a monster puts up a - Death damage shield the chain stops at 5 used per turn and that kinda disappoints me but if there is no - death dmg the chain will go through all the spells I have and are as follows :
Feint - +70% next outgoing spell and +30% next incoming spell.
Death Trap - +30% to next outgoing spell.
Deathblade - +40% to next outgoing spell.
Death Prism - Convert to
Curse - +20% to next outgoing spell.

Dark Pact - Take 300 for +30% to next Spell.

In combat that is as far as I've gotten the chain to go and wanted to make sure it can keep going before I invest my training points and money into the other + damage spells.

Spirit Trap; +25% to next incoming Death, Myth, and Life Damage spells
Spirit Blade; +35% to next outgoing Death, Myth, and Life Damage spells
and the many many treasure cards I wont list because this is becoming a Wall of Text.

Thank you once again for reading and for any replies.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Rosadarkstar on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
Hello,
First I'd like to thank you if you are taking the time to read and reply to my post.
I'm rather new here to W101 I started played about 4 days ago having a blast. I'm currently a level 42 death wizard and am having some pretty big turmoil in the way of building my deck. Now I've read many many post and taken quite a few hours to learn all about the set up for a death wizard and what my goals are for combat. Buff up and one shot monsters. Don't mistake me for ask away and not trying or researching myself because I have done both spent many hours trying to find the answer to my question.

So here is my question how many spells am I able to chain to a single turn for the most damage possible.
When a monster puts up a - Death damage shield the chain stops at 5 used per turn and that kinda disappoints me but if there is no - death dmg the chain will go through all the spells I have and are as follows :
Death Prism - Convert to

In combat that is as far as I've gotten the chain to go and wanted to make sure it can keep going before I invest my training points and money into the other + damage spells.

and the many many treasure cards I wont list because this is becoming a Wall of Text.

hey there- first of all, that's a lot of levels in only 4 days. congrats!

second, there's not really a limit as to how many blades and traps will stack, as long as they all come from different sources. i am an archmage necromancer, and here's my overkill/one-shot blueprint:

(i may have missed some, so i hope others can add to this).

trained deathblade +40
amulet deathblade +45
pet deathblade +40
trained spirit blade +35 (you get these from the balance tree in krok)
treasure spirit blade
treasure deathblade
trained dark pact +30
sharpened deathblade +50*
sharpened spirit blade +45*

curse +20
treasure curse +25
potent-trapped curse +30*
feint +70/30 to self
potent-trapped feint +80/+40 to self*
treasure feint +70/+20 to self
tc dark pact +35**
tc spirit trap +30
potent-trapped spirit trap +35*
wand trap +10 (from sword of kings in avalon)

*potent trap and sharpened blade are astral spells available only to wizards levels 84+. it adds +10 your next trap or blade (note that cards from your gear, wand, or pet cannot be enchanted).

** always put dark pact up before you start blade-stacking, so you don't accidentally cast a boosted one on yourself.

note that you cannot stack trained and treasure dark pact on yourself: you will lose the first blade when you take damage, so get a friend to put the treasure version on for you.

after level 50, auras that increase your damage also become available. they are:

celestia: amplify +15% outgoing damage for 4 rounds;
zafaria: berzerk +40 outgoing (and +30 incoming damage to self) for 4 rounds;
azteca: the nameless wonder (forget the name of it, but increases outgoing school damage by +25 for 6 rounds (it also boosts opposite school damage to you by +10 for 6 rounds).

hope this helps, kinda sorta.

-von
promethean sorceress, archmage necromancer, the rest.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Hello,

Death Prism - Convert to

Ive never had the chain stop on me. I do know you can only use one of each type of trap,blade,ect unless you reshuffle or someone else uses it on you or the mob.

Basically i can use for my fire student, blade,sharpen blade,dragon blade,balance blade,elemental blade, trap, potent trap,feint,fuel, elemental trap,beetle,back draft. Then i must reshuffle,TC or accept from other players to get more boost.

Now if this is what you were talking about that is 12 in the chain and ive seen all them go off on my toon before.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Hello,

Death Prism - Convert to

Wow - just Wow. You are so much more prepared at your level then I was when I started playing. You picked a great first time wizard school.

All I can say is as you progress though the Worlds and the monsters become more difficult working in Damage and Pips will help you as much as how much you can buff your self up.

Starting in DragonSprye you will start to notice a time when applying many blades and traps takes too long to wait for before you are defeated - exceptions being boss fights where you need to blade and trap more.

On our Death wizard we try to keep the deck to around 10-15 cards for mob fights, so that the needed ones have a better chance of coming up. Using your steal health spells allows you to solo much more of the game then others usually.

At level 48 Scare Crow will become your go to spell. At level 50 we start the Sun School spells to add a boost to our school spells - you can take only the fists with out having to take the Accuracy ones though Colossus which adds 275 to any of your school damage spells. You can purchase with gold and/or win these prior and try them out for size.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I don't know if there is a limit. There's a One in a MIllion badge that you need to stack a ton of spells onto in order to do 1,000,000 pts of damage. I think the most I've stacked was 15 or 20 spells, but you can only stack ONE of each type. if you use one school learned Feint spell, you can't use another, but you CAN use a feint spell treasure card and both will stack. Sounds to me like you're going for the one in a million badge and I wish you the best of luck. The most I was able to do was like 125,000 damage, though I'm sure I can figure out ways to do more; it's totally possible

Survivor
Jan 17, 2013
Thank you all for your well written replies, I appreciate the time you took to write back. This knowledge shall be used to its fullest thank you all. I wish you the best in your journeys to come, I know I'm about to have some fun! :D

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
dayerider on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
I don't know if there is a limit. There's a One in a MIllion badge that you need to stack a ton of spells onto in order to do 1,000,000 pts of damage. I think the most I've stacked was 15 or 20 spells, but you can only stack ONE of each type. if you use one school learned Feint spell, you can't use another, but you CAN use a feint spell treasure card and both will stack. Sounds to me like you're going for the one in a million badge and I wish you the best of luck. The most I was able to do was like 125,000 damage, though I'm sure I can figure out ways to do more; it's totally possible
I've seen the one in a million badge earned (even though this is off topic). They used 11 blades and 17 traps. That's the most i've ever seen. But there are probably ways to get more with backdraft or supercharge... Good luck! the most i've gotten is 136000 :()

Nicholas Shadowforge
Legendary Pyromancer

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Thank you all for your well written replies, I appreciate the time you took to write back. This knowledge shall be used to its fullest thank you all. I wish you the best in your journeys to come, I know I'm about to have some fun! :D
Question: How do you use these sings?

#