Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Leopard pet; opinions?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
Hey there fellow comrades, I've been interested in buying the leopard pet because I'm a fire student, and it just seems like a pretty rad pet to buy, but oh my, it's expensive. I bought the crowns to buy it, but now I'm unsure.
Is buying this pet worth it? I'd like some opinions. Thanks!

-Melissa Nightwalker

Survivor
Oct 22, 2010
Hi if you farm mirror lake in Zafaria the leopard pet sometimes is dropped. I leveled up a leopard to mega for my life wizard and it has spritely, may cast smokescreen, life blade and fire elf card.
Good luck :)

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
maalice2 on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
Hey there fellow comrades, I've been interested in buying the leopard pet because I'm a fire student, and it just seems like a pretty rad pet to buy, but oh my, it's expensive. I bought the crowns to buy it, but now I'm unsure.
Is buying this pet worth it? I'd like some opinions. Thanks!

-Melissa Nightwalker
hatch for one its not worth the crowns. it might take you 2-5 attempts to get it though

Survivor
Apr 07, 2012
well i got leopard it also has smokescreen and a fire-blade its adult i get a sprite spell like the other guy id say yes to the little critter but i have given up on the leopard and is now in my bank

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
Are you kidding??? The leopard is AWESOME for fire students! In my opinion, of course. It has NO waste of training, like if you train it to teen in won't waste it like making a higher agility ir strength. It hasnone of those! It has giving fire accuracy, attack, resistance, more health, and more mana. And can give a fire blade spell(ultra-rare), a fire elf spell(uncommon), a May cast smoke screen(Epic), And a may cast fireblade (I think it is rare). How awesome????

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
cambn on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
Hi if you farm mirror lake in Zafaria the leopard pet sometimes is dropped. I leveled up a leopard to mega for my life wizard and it has spritely, may cast smokescreen, life blade and fire elf card.
Good luck :)
This is off topic, but do you know which boss?

Cause the second fight drops a myth skink, do they drop leapord too?

Survivor
Jun 01, 2012
wizardrokz on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
This is off topic, but do you know which boss?

Cause the second fight drops a myth skink, do they drop leapord too?
Belloq Drops A Leopard

Survivor
May 01, 2011
wizardrokz - I have gotten leopard drops at the ghosts on shining moutain during ML :) I have several and they are good for fire if you dont need any healing lol GL wit it

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
Shy girl on Mar 15, 2013 wrote:
Are you kidding??? The leopard is AWESOME for fire students! In my opinion, of course. It has NO waste of training, like if you train it to teen in won't waste it like making a higher agility ir strength. It hasnone of those! It has giving fire accuracy, attack, resistance, more health, and more mana. And can give a fire blade spell(ultra-rare), a fire elf spell(uncommon), a May cast smoke screen(Epic), And a may cast fireblade (I think it is rare). How awesome????
I got a Leopard (from hatching, I think) and it gave me Fire Elf and 1% Power Pip percentage. 1% more Power Pips is not that much- as for Fire Elf- I'm sure I would have loved this pet when I was in about Triton Avenue.

Personally, I don't think the Leopard is a good investment, and you can always wait for hatching.

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage Thaumagture

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Leopards have high natural stats with fire and universal talents and nothing selfish, so they are a nice first generation pet but they do not give a card at baby. They do not have any healing spell, so you need to hatch for that if you want it.

They are dropped by the ghosts in Mirror Lake, Tim-Tim, Nergal, Belloq, and Shaka Zebu. First generation ones get Smokescreen at teen.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2013
I had one drop from Nergal. Have not trained it up yet, but looking at the stats on a fansite-I'm-not-allowed-to-name, it looks VERY nice.

It doesn't have all the rare SPUD talents that people usurp, but looks very nice for a fire wizard.

IMO, I would not BUY it, as I know many people who've found one from drops in Zafaria. It's not super rare drop. So chances are, there are many of them around to hatch with.