Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I understand a challenge, but this....

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:
The game still is rated "E 10+", and you are right. The Target Audience IS left out. I have seen Menu Chat players in several areas of AZ and they are not Lvl 35. Many of them are infact in the lvl 80s. But that actually means nothing. Some players have actually chosen to use Menu only for other reasons. (also another topic)

Still the main issue is the TARGETED audience. Many of them have left because they don't want or don't have the desire to play a game that is becoming to much like PvP. There are some players that have no desire to play this game for any reason other than PvP but have to PvE to some degree in order to achieve their goal. When this happens, the game has to jump by leaps and bounds in difficulty without regard to those that actually PvE just for fun. Therefore, the targeted audience, "E10+" and their families are the ones that have been left to make do the best they can or leave the game and stop spending money on it.

With the current grind in Az, the actual story line gets lost at various points in the game and in most cases is not picked up again until you get to the next area you manage to open. Fighting as many as 3 to 5 bosses in a row (not from one dungeon), meaning all separate battles or those tedious "Collect" is starting to get very annoying. Have any of you noticed how many bosses are in Mangrove Marsh alone? Think about it. I for one like to progress through the game but, having to go back to one area several times because of this kind of set up is NOT FUN. More and more of the targeted audience will be lost before they get to this point. Players with disabilities will be lost because they will not be able to complete those "MANDATORY" solo quests. 3 vs 1 not fun. Some can figure out the trick to beat them without henchmen but others can not.

This is actually off topic, but since reference has already been made, I will give my opinon.
IMHO, it would have been better to make PvE and PvP separate entities with separate logins for each but not change the sub or crowns pricing for them. In other words, you still sub/crowns the game as it is now but have access to both. In reality, this would also make it easier for KI to fix some of the issues if not all on either side of the game without creating problems in the other. Since PvE and PvP are directly tied to each other in their current state, those fixes are not that easy to do. But as it is, KI would have to rewrite both aspects in order to separate them so that is not going to happen.
Golden i was a bit confused with what you were saying on this topic so i have a question. You mention that the games difficulty was icreased due to pvp'ers wanting it that way but i have to disagree, If this was what you were saying then dont you think that pvp'ers would want the game easier because they want to level quick so they can go pvp more.
If im assuming correctly with your statement then if you think about it that wouldnt make sense for pvp'ers to want a harder game.
Also making them seperate entities would be like wanting to make the pet pavilion seperate also because its the same deal, They are just additional fun things to pass the time when not questing.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:
The game still is rated "E 10+", and you are right. The Target Audience IS left out. I have seen Menu Chat players in several areas of AZ and they are not Lvl 35. Many of them are infact in the lvl 80s. But that actually means nothing. Some players have actually chosen to use Menu only for other reasons. (also another topic)

Still the main issue is the TARGETED audience. Many of them have left because they don't want or don't have the desire to play a game that is becoming to much like PvP. There are some players that have no desire to play this game for any reason other than PvP but have to PvE to some degree in order to achieve their goal. When this happens, the game has to jump by leaps and bounds in difficulty without regard to those that actually PvE just for fun. Therefore, the targeted audience, "E10+" and their families are the ones that have been left to make do the best they can or leave the game and stop spending money on it.

With the current grind in Az, the actual story line gets lost at various points in the game and in most cases is not picked up again until you get to the next area you manage to open. Fighting as many as 3 to 5 bosses in a row (not from one dungeon), meaning all separate battles or those tedious "Collect" is starting to get very annoying. Have any of you noticed how many bosses are in Mangrove Marsh alone? Think about it. I for one like to progress through the game but, having to go back to one area several times because of this kind of set up is NOT FUN. More and more of the targeted audience will be lost before they get to this point. Players with disabilities will be lost because they will not be able to complete those "MANDATORY" solo quests. 3 vs 1 not fun. Some can figure out the trick to beat them without henchmen but others can not.

This is actually off topic, but since reference has already been made, I will give my opinon.
IMHO, it would have been better to make PvE and PvP separate entities with separate logins for each but not change the sub or crowns pricing for them. In other words, you still sub/crowns the game as it is now but have access to both. In reality, this would also make it easier for KI to fix some of the issues if not all on either side of the game without creating problems in the other. Since PvE and PvP are directly tied to each other in their current state, those fixes are not that easy to do. But as it is, KI would have to rewrite both aspects in order to separate them so that is not going to happen.
I do see menu chat players over level 80 in Az. but it is very rare. on my balance i have seen three or four and the same for my death . i also am not getting to more detail as it will be off-topic.

fighting several bosses in a row i never saw complaints written on or heard ingame. but those defeat and collect quests are another matter. i heard people quit the game over it and others said they were thinking about it ingame.

on my balance it was hard for me to complete one solo quest. i had to use a crafted deer knight spell. most of the target audience gets frustrated with getting all the reagents for this. but i am seeing most can not do it as well.

I was going to add to your view on what to do with PvP and PvE issue. but it will get off-topic. BTW it sounds interesting

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
Golden i was a bit confused with what you were saying on this topic so i have a question. You mention that the games difficulty was icreased due to pvp'ers wanting it that way but i have to disagree, If this was what you were saying then dont you think that pvp'ers would want the game easier because they want to level quick so they can go pvp more.
If im assuming correctly with your statement then if you think about it that wouldnt make sense for pvp'ers to want a harder game.
Also making them seperate entities would be like wanting to make the pet pavilion seperate also because its the same deal, They are just additional fun things to pass the time when not questing.
If you read what I actually stated, I did not say PvP'ers wanted that way. In reality Az was intended to slow some players down due to the fact they were running through new content faster that KI can release it then screaming for more and harder worlds. But that did not work. It did however create problems for the targeted Audience. But at no time have I ever said PvP'ers wanted that way.

As for making PvP and PvE separate entities, if you think about it, It would make it easier for KI to fix problems on either side of PvP or PvE with out creating problems on the other.... As long as they are directly tied to each other, KI has to figure out where they can do a fix for PvP without interferring with PvE and the same holds true in fixing issues in PvE so it won't create more problems with PvP. And No, it is not the same thing as making the Pet Pavilion separate. The Pet Pavilion does not have the extent of problems PvP does nor does it create problems in PvE. An occassional Gltch which is usually fixed rather quickly.

Now, this is completely off topic so if you don't mind, let's return to the OP's topic.

@Lightdragon3, there is a quest given in Zocolo to defeat 3 separate bosses in Saltmeadow Swamp to collect an item. I have only seen a few comments here and there about the number of boss battles in Az and I can assure you there are many. But as You and others have also stated about those "Collect" quests do get very frustrating. I did one last week and purposely kept track of how many mobs I defeated in order to collect only 3 items. That number was 14 mobs. That is why ZF was so tedious.

The reagents for crafting some of the spells is very frustrating. I have not and don't intend to craft any of them. Some of the reagents are almost impossible to get. Some of the reagents needed to complete the crafting quest in AZ are to my knowledg, only available through defeating certain boss/mobs and some are actually farmable as you would stone blocks or Black Lotus.
Off topic:
As for my view on PvP vs PvE, I have no idea what it would entail for KI to separate them. I do know that it does not take much to create serious problems when altering algorithims. If it were possible for KI to separate them, I think that would have already been done. I am not an expert and don't claim to be.

@QBB, I do every sideworld and quest I can find. I make it a point to enter each new area or world at the highest level I can. It does make a difference in what your wizard is able to do as well as health and strength depending on the gear. There are many that don't do those sides until they come across something such as Spell quests that require them to have done certain quests or areas in a given side world. To me, anything left behind is unfinished business that could make the difference later. And I don't have to try to locate the giver or vendor if I have already finished it.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Feb 11, 2013 wrote:
If you read what I actually stated, I did not say PvP'ers wanted that way. In reality Az was intended to slow some players down due to the fact they were running through new content faster that KI can release it then screaming for more and harder worlds. But that did not work. It did however create problems for the targeted Audience. But at no time have I ever said PvP'ers wanted that way.

As for making PvP and PvE separate entities, if you think about it, It would make it easier for KI to fix problems on either side of PvP or PvE with out creating problems on the other.... As long as they are directly tied to each other, KI has to figure out where they can do a fix for PvP without interferring with PvE and the same holds true in fixing issues in PvE so it won't create more problems with PvP. And No, it is not the same thing as making the Pet Pavilion separate. The Pet Pavilion does not have the extent of problems PvP does nor does it create problems in PvE. An occassional Gltch which is usually fixed rather quickly.

Now, this is completely off topic so if you don't mind, let's return to the OP's topic.

@Lightdragon3, there is a quest given in Zocolo to defeat 3 separate bosses in Saltmeadow Swamp to collect an item. I have only seen a few comments here and there about the number of boss battles in Az and I can assure you there are many. But as You and others have also stated about those "Collect" quests do get very frustrating. I did one last week and purposely kept track of how many mobs I defeated in order to collect only 3 items. That number was 14 mobs. That is why ZF was so tedious.

The reagents for crafting some of the spells is very frustrating. I have not and don't intend to craft any of them. Some of the reagents are almost impossible to get. Some of the reagents needed to complete the crafting quest in AZ are to my knowledg, only available through defeating certain boss/mobs and some are actually farmable as you would stone blocks or Black Lotus.
Off topic:
As for my view on PvP vs PvE, I have no idea what it would entail for KI to separate them. I do know that it does not take much to create serious problems when altering algorithims. If it were possible for KI to separate them, I think that would have already been done. I am not an expert and don't claim to be.

@QBB, I do every sideworld and quest I can find. I make it a point to enter each new area or world at the highest level I can. It does make a difference in what your wizard is able to do as well as health and strength depending on the gear. There are many that don't do those sides until they come across something such as Spell quests that require them to have done certain quests or areas in a given side world. To me, anything left behind is unfinished business that could make the difference later. And I don't have to try to locate the giver or vendor if I have already finished it.
"There are some players that have no desire to play this game for any reason other than PvP but have to PvE to some degree in order to achieve their goal. When this happens, the game has to jump by leaps and bounds in difficulty without regard to those that actually PvE just for fun"
golden this was part of your post. The part i have underlined was why i mentioned it.
My question basically was why would the game jump in difficulty because the pvpers were playing pve?
See it looks like you are saying that the pvpers are playing pve and wanting it more difficult. which to me makes no sense if they only want to pvp. I kn ow if i played for only pvp i would want the pve real easy so i could buzz through so i can go pvp more.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
"There are some players that have no desire to play this game for any reason other than PvP but have to PvE to some degree in order to achieve their goal. When this happens, the game has to jump by leaps and bounds in difficulty without regard to those that actually PvE just for fun"
golden this was part of your post. The part i have underlined was why i mentioned it.
My question basically was why would the game jump in difficulty because the pvpers were playing pve?
See it looks like you are saying that the pvpers are playing pve and wanting it more difficult. which to me makes no sense if they only want to pvp. I kn ow if i played for only pvp i would want the pve real easy so i could buzz through so i can go pvp more.
I see where you are getting that I am saying PvPers want a harder PvE. That is my error due to the fact I did not complete my train of though at the time. I did however pick it back up in my next post. What I should have said in the same post you have quoted is this:

"In reality Az was intended to slow some players down due to the fact they were running through new content faster than KI can release it then screaming for more and harder worlds. But that did not work. It did however create problems for the targeted Audience."

These players (not meaning PvPers) screaming for more and harder is what is causing the big jumps in difficulty. KI made Az harder by nerfing the gear, not increasing our starting pips, drops that are virtually no better than what we got in the first arc such as reagents like mist wood, gears, black lotus, stone blocks, etc. Most of the gear drops are No Auction so if you don't want to pass it to your next wiz, you feed it to your pets. Rank 1,2, or 3 seeds that may or may not be worth keeping with an occasional crown seed here and there.

There are instances that you fight 2 bosses with hp of 20,000 or more and starting with 12-14 pips. You will only start with 4 at the most. They will hit you with spells you don't even have yet. The spell quests of 3 vs 1 has been an issue all along. Collect quests has been an issue since CL was released and got worse in ZF. All of this makes Az more of a grind than fun. The story line gets lost in this. You don't remember why or who you are trying to get to.

There have been no side worlds between the last 3 main worlds which in my opinion does make a difference in preparing your wizard for what will come later. Although WT did not come out until after CL, was released, it did make a difference if you did WT before or in conjunction with doing CL. Since then, there has not been a good Side world for wizards with new level caps, good pets and damage spells and upgraded gear.

Now here is a problem if those side worlds come into play now and tweaks are not made along the way.

Spell Quests? Problem? Yes. Unless KI moves the spell quests (maybe to the new side world) so a wizard is able to access them at the time they reach the required level.

Level caps? My opinion here is Open level meaning no cap and your wizard continues to level until they have finished all worlds/quests available. Otherwise, your wizard is going to cap a lot sooner and no more XP until new cap. You may have a wizard now that may be lvl 90 before even getting your lvl 88 spell. I will have one that will be level 90 before getting to the right area to even pick that spell quest up. The rest of my wizards will go to a certain point and stop until new cap is in play. I don't quest with any wizard that has reached level cap even if she still has quests. I do use them to help my friends in previous areas.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
I see where you are getting that I am saying PvPers want a harder PvE. That is my error due to the fact I did not complete my train of though at the time. I did however pick it back up in my next post. What I should have said in the same post you have quoted is this:

"In reality Az was intended to slow some players down due to the fact they were running through new content faster than KI can release it then screaming for more and harder worlds. But that did not work. It did however create problems for the targeted Audience."

These players (not meaning PvPers) screaming for more and harder is what is causing the big jumps in difficulty. KI made Az harder by nerfing the gear, not increasing our starting pips, drops that are virtually no better than what we got in the first arc such as reagents like mist wood, gears, black lotus, stone blocks, etc. Most of the gear drops are No Auction so if you don't want to pass it to your next wiz, you feed it to your pets. Rank 1,2, or 3 seeds that may or may not be worth keeping with an occasional crown seed here and there.

There are instances that you fight 2 bosses with hp of 20,000 or more and starting with 12-14 pips. You will only start with 4 at the most. They will hit you with spells you don't even have yet. The spell quests of 3 vs 1 has been an issue all along. Collect quests has been an issue since CL was released and got worse in ZF. All of this makes Az more of a grind than fun. The story line gets lost in this. You don't remember why or who you are trying to get to.

There have been no side worlds between the last 3 main worlds which in my opinion does make a difference in preparing your wizard for what will come later. Although WT did not come out until after CL, was released, it did make a difference if you did WT before or in conjunction with doing CL. Since then, there has not been a good Side world for wizards with new level caps, good pets and damage spells and upgraded gear.

Now here is a problem if those side worlds come into play now and tweaks are not made along the way.

Spell Quests? Problem? Yes. Unless KI moves the spell quests (maybe to the new side world) so a wizard is able to access them at the time they reach the required level.

Level caps? My opinion here is Open level meaning no cap and your wizard continues to level until they have finished all worlds/quests available. Otherwise, your wizard is going to cap a lot sooner and no more XP until new cap. You may have a wizard now that may be lvl 90 before even getting your lvl 88 spell. I will have one that will be level 90 before getting to the right area to even pick that spell quest up. The rest of my wizards will go to a certain point and stop until new cap is in play. I don't quest with any wizard that has reached level cap even if she still has quests. I do use them to help my friends in previous areas.
Yeah im ahead of myself most of the time, Was 90 long before end of azteca.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
The truth is... I didn't even notice that it was challenging until I saw the posts. I basically just watched a movie while I would be playing w101 at the same time and then when the movie was done I leveled up 1 1/2 or 2 levels. It's really now that hard to kill two birds with one stone playing this game considering it's turn based. The only thing I found annoying about the world was xibalba. 2 hours for a dungeon that doesn't give good gear or mega snacks? No, thanks. But, overall to me it just felt like any other world, but that's just my opinion.

~Andrew Promethean Pyromancer

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
papermario20 on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:
The truth is... I didn't even notice that it was challenging until I saw the posts. I basically just watched a movie while I would be playing w101 at the same time and then when the movie was done I leveled up 1 1/2 or 2 levels. It's really now that hard to kill two birds with one stone playing this game considering it's turn based. The only thing I found annoying about the world was xibalba. 2 hours for a dungeon that doesn't give good gear or mega snacks? No, thanks. But, overall to me it just felt like any other world, but that's just my opinion.

Right on. I do that to it defeats the boredom of long battles. Each world is as difficult as you make it. You can think positive and try your best or think negative and complain. Either way makes no difference to me, Im where i need to be doing what im supposed to be doing and its a fun game for me.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
papermario20 on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:

Not* not now.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
kingdra36 on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
I know you have all seen these threads, and before I used to think it was all just people who dont enjoy a challenge....

After going into the final saltmeadow swamp dungeon, I am thinking of just giving up.
Going up against 4 myth minions with almost 5,000 health each that chain stun and shield break like crazy makes it insane to win 1v4

It's even worse that your friends can't even port inside!!

How can you get help if almost no one is in the realms of Azteca?

Second of all, chain stunning is starting to get on my nerves.... It seems like they cast medusa, then basilisk, then as soon as your stun has ended, they cast another medusa!

I have been working on Azteca throughout my winter break (which is about 2 weeks) and it feels like I am nowhere! If anyone is having troubles near the same area, let me know and we can at least go in a group.

Thanks!

-Blaze Icecloud, Level 82 Thaumaturge-
Hi Kingdra. I rarely ever post on this site but I do come here and read a lot of the threads. I have read through this thead a few times and have seen where many have stated a lot of issues with Azteca. I know the dungeon you are talking about and yes, it is definitely one you really need a full team for.

There aren't all that many players in Azteca. They have either gotten frustrated and discouraged or have managed to take one through and said enough and refuse to take another one there. Unfortunately some have also left the game.. Others are running noobs and so am I. The one I have in Azteca is sitting and probably will for a long time.

I do hope you have been able to finish that world. Myself, right now I just don't want or need to work a second job and that is what if feels like.

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
For me I have been stuck one wizard not even moving through azteca. I don't have a desire to finish that's what i have to say ~HunterBlueFlame level 88 pyromancer

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The Fire on Apr 6, 2013 wrote:
For me I have been stuck one wizard not even moving through azteca. I don't have a desire to finish that's what i have to say ~HunterBlueFlame level 88 pyromancer
Sorry this is happening to you. Many others are the same way. I have a lvl 88 as well that is in Az and not moving either. Not sure when or if she will again. The desire/ excitement isn't there.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
The Fire on Apr 6, 2013 wrote:
Yeah I feel you...I don't know how I mustered the will to send my Myth through there but somehow I did. The rest of my wizards' journey's ending with Avalon. I bought a 12-month sub earlier this year and I'm not renewing it when it expires. The Rank 13/Elite mobs are basically nightmarish to deal with even with my 278 critical and 181 and 225 block, and I know when the new world comes out with the rank 14/Elite mobs, it'll be that much more frustrating for me. The worlds after DS have become ghost worlds more and more and at the rate W101's going, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost one-third of their player base over the course of one or two years simply because of the worlds getting too hard for more casual players to complete, which make up the majority of W101's player base (I'm an in-between a hardcore and casual player myself).

Too bad if that becomes a reality, but that's what happens when you make dumb decisions. One prime rule of running successful MMOs is that you don't leave your base...or the base leaves with its money.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
Ice does have a hard time with low damage, but with enough blades (enchanted) you can kill almost anything. I soloed pretty much all of Azteca in a couple months. (However, I play almost every day)
Gabby, 90

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
I have to agree with this thread. I have soloed a lot of the game so far. I love a challenge, but Azteca mob fights alone shouldn't start off with tons of power pips. If that's the case we should be able to earn or buy items that allow us to start off with at least half of what they start off with. They already have high enough health and monster power pips.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
So far in this game I have loved soloing and challenges. I get to Azteca. and I am fed up. I retired my high level wizard and am focusing on my Death that's in Zafaria. I feel after three mob fights I am ready for a nap. I have never felt drained after a fight like this. If changes aren't made to this world I am done. If the next world is any indication that it's going to be even harder I am done. I am not here for chores I am here for fun, this has gone from fun to tiring. Fix it. I see a lot of outcry about this world and changes need to be made or I see the beginning of the end for Wizard 101.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Dr Von on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
kingdra36, you are not alone. my balance wizard is level 89, and she is struggling, too.

i usually quest with my friend's ice wizard. between us, we can make short work of pretty much anything, but soloing is another story completely. as wizards, we are outclassed, outmanned, and underpowered, compared to enemies who can just hit and hit and hit, chain-stun, and seemingly never run out of pips. i died 29 times trying to get my level 88 spell, and i just couldn't bring myself to continue. so i sucked it up and bought some crowns for a hench-creature, probably exactly what ki wanted.

now that you've admitted to having a hard time in az, expect to be hassled by people on this thread. some of the hardcore/professional gamers, especially, will insult you, tell you that you're not up for the challenge and are unfit to play this or any other mmo because you have no skill or strategy (yes, someone actually told me that). don't listen to them. the fact that you've made it this far obviously disproves any of it.

casual/family players are struggling, ki~
please, listen to your community.

-von
As a hardcore, i try my best to help other more casuals get through this world. Stun shields, Help against myth (i've been stunned 8 rounds before from these things! and lived because of a pet) Its to the point where i know i can do it, but my friends are quitting because its so hard.

I Wish they had an Easy/Mid/Hard questline and just have rewards vary. I dont expect everyone to be Toth soloing geniuses. But i do have enough gumption to say, You can do it, your good enough to conquer this dino land. PvE and PvP Are getting closer, the skill that only pvp needed is now entering PvE.

I Don't see a problem with henchmen either, They are 40 cents. I tried one out on the cheating boss of the tower in marlybone and decided never to buy one again so i have no clue what they do other than get players killed.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
I know what you mean. My aunt has been struggling to get her spell from a spell quest for several weeks now. If I were you, I'd cast the stun resist spell that you can get from Diego, then just bombard them with spells.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
RottenHeart said:

The decision to stick with a linear progression path for everybody to follow that gets progressively more difficult is obviously going to be prohibitive to many players.

^^^
Exactly. You can't judge a fish on his ability to climb a tree, and you certainly can't judge players based on their ability (or desire) to complete worlds like Azteca.

Koblivion said:

I Don't see a problem with henchmen either, They are 40 cents. I tried one out on the cheating boss of the tower in marlybone and decided never to buy one again so i have no clue what they do other than get players killed.

Nope. The high-level ones cost about $5 each, and nothing below level 50 will help you in Azteca; henchmen have a little bit of resist, but no crit block, meaning that they will likely be killed in one hit (since everything in Azteca criticals en masse).

-

The balance of the game has been so heavily tipped toward PvP~ that's who Azteca was made for: the PvP crowd, most of whom are professional/hardcore gamers who want crazy challenges (and have the time and money to waste on them), with their perfect pets and specialized gear. But not everyone can be a warlord~ I certainly am not, and never will be. So keep arena tactics out of PvE,and leave the rest of us alone.

-v.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
"The balance of the game has been so heavily tipped toward PvP~ that's who Azteca was made for: the PvP crowd, most of whom are professional/hardcore gamers who want crazy challenges (and have the time and money to waste on them), with their perfect pets and specialized gear. But not everyone can be a warlord~ I certainly am not, and never will be. So keep arena tactics out of PvE,and leave the rest of us alone. "

Your statements makes having the best pets and tactics to finish the game sound like its a bad thing. When is having an average tactic or not having a good pet a standard of this game? This game is geared to make players strive to become great wizards with this challenges. Why is dedicating time, and to some, even money be an evil thing to have? I don't mind players spending crowns to achieve their goals because that's what makes them happy. I, however can go on without it. As long as W101 is providing avenues for everyone to enjoy this game, its good. NO, AZ is not for the PvP crowd I never played PvP but I can deal with anything they can throw at me in there, don't blame pvp players for everything that comes as difficult to you.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Dr Von said (re: henchmen): "The high-level ones cost about $5 each"

The highest priced henchmen cost 400 crowns. The highest price for crowns is 500 crowns per dollar. That's 1/5 of a cent per crown. So even if you pay full price for crowns, the most you would pay for a single henchman would be 80 cents. If you buy crowns when they go on sale for half price, which happens fairly often, it would only be 40 cents.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Monsoon Jo on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
"The balance of the game has been so heavily tipped toward PvP~ that's who Azteca was made for: the PvP crowd, most of whom are professional/hardcore gamers who want crazy challenges (and have the time and money to waste on them), with their perfect pets and specialized gear. But not everyone can be a warlord~ I certainly am not, and never will be. So keep arena tactics out of PvE,and leave the rest of us alone. "

Your statements makes having the best pets and tactics to finish the game sound like its a bad thing. When is having an average tactic or not having a good pet a standard of this game? This game is geared to make players strive to become great wizards with this challenges. Why is dedicating time, and to some, even money be an evil thing to have? I don't mind players spending crowns to achieve their goals because that's what makes them happy. I, however can go on without it. As long as W101 is providing avenues for everyone to enjoy this game, its good. NO, AZ is not for the PvP crowd I never played PvP but I can deal with anything they can throw at me in there, don't blame pvp players for everything that comes as difficult to you.
Altho I personally think the game exclusion/divide started when WW gear came out, things have just gotten worse from there on. KI started honing the game for a different player base - not all the kids that originally started it. As long as those of us who don't play the game that well would like to finish it I think you are going to hear from us.

Clearly the upper worlds are not made for the casual gamer. We came to this game to play a stress free, happy go lucky, magical game we thought it was. This was a false sense of security that left when we were dumped into Celestia, by then my friends list was bare and I had forged though from the last 1/2 of Mooshu on alone. Now all of a sudden defeat is common and having to figure out a fail proof strategy is required, some of us, not really gamers, can't step far enough up to the plate to meet the needs. MarleyBone Warehouse was required to enter CL back then. We waste our hours floundering though upper worlds for what? Challenge for some is same ole, same ole, boring aggervation to others. Don't ask me what the story line or even what I was fighting for in these worlds.

When a player relates game play to rather having a root canal you know some just don't conform as they should to these worlds.

I guess it's all about the "lead, follow or just get out of the way" theory.