Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noob Badge

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
Dr Von on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
uh, no.

if anything, a noob badge would dispel the stigma surrounding the word~ if we wore that badge with pride, the name-calling would decrease, and the spiral would be a nicer place.

btw, there's nothing wrong with the word noob. it's short for newbie, which simply means "new player".

-von
the almost-promethean archmage noob of awesomeness

(now that should be a badge, too. lol.)
OMG they should do the 'the almost-promethean archmage noob of awesomeness!'
that would be soo cool xD

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
Merrrt on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
Hahaha. Noob is not even CLOSE to a cuss word, otherwise it would be filtered. And who cares if a bro or sis makes you look like a fool, it's a video game, not real life. Get it straight.
no i saw the way through that it could stand for a cuss and plus it doesn't matter if it's a internet game or real life someone could still make any one look stupid.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
Dr Von on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
yes, i read your post, and my opinion still stands.

no one can access your account unless you allow them to. therefore, letting anyone have access to your account, for any reason- whether it be leaving yourself logged in during a trip to the loo or giving a sibling your password-is considered account-sharing.

i don't think it's a rules violation, since i'm sure lots of siblings share accounts, but, anything someone does under your account reflects on you. if you're that concerned about being made to look like a fool by your siblings, ask your parents to give you your own account.

and to everyone else: noob is not a curse-word. it's short for newbie, which simply means "new player".

on that note, i would like my noob badge now. kthanksbye.

-von
do i have to tell you people again and again i said i saw how it could STAND for a cuss so if you can't get that why do i even bother trying with you.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
This looks so cool! I like the way you guys are thinking. You just got a balance wizard on yo side.

Kenneth Earthleaf, noob of balance, level 46

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Rofl!
You've got a new supporter XD XD
Though am not archmage so i'll probably not be able to wear it :(
Level 62 Necromancer

Survivor
Jun 18, 2011
  • Personally I think its a great idea. It's sad to see when a newbie is trying to better themselves and so many people call them "noob" like it's a bad thing. We all had to be a "noob" to get to be a better wizard. And by showing that you are one, more then likely, you might come across other "noobs" that you could become friends with or even other wizards that wouldn't mind helping out so "noobs" can become better players. I love to help out and you have my full support. I wouldn't mind having one.

Sincerely Alyssa, of storm, 84, life 68, myth 72, balance 73, fire, 74, ice 71, death 58. Keep up the good work.
Lol we have a family account of 3 here.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Merrrt on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
Alright KI, here it is. It may not sound serious, but i am. I want a "Noob" badge. The reason, i really don't have one, but i think that badges like these would be a fun thing to put in. I really hope that you consider this and that i dont get hate for just wanting to be a noob. Again, all seriousness in this. Others in this series should be a, "Owned", "Pwner", and "That Guy". Much appreciated if this is very much liked and put in the test realm.
Peace-
Matthew Promethean Life, Storm, Ice, and Myth.
Transcendent Fire
Novice Necromancer
lol that would be funny if you see that in a pvp match! it would give recenation to the noobs of w101

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
magicwand101860 on Jan 24, 2013 wrote:
do i have to tell you people again and again i said i saw how it could STAND for a cuss so if you can't get that why do i even bother trying with you.
no, you're overreacting.

noob doesn't stand for anything, except 'new player'. it is not a cuss word, nor will it ever be~ you're trying to create a problem where there isn't one.

yes, it does have the potential to hurt feelings~ everything does. but no one has the power to hurt you, unless you give them that power.

-

@kayleelane and gracetrillo123~ the whole point of the noob badge would be that it's only available to archmage and promethean wizards; that's half the fun right there. so don't worry... if this ever gets added to the game, you'll get one too.

letting my noob flag fly,
von.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
Dr Von on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
no, you're overreacting.

noob doesn't stand for anything, except 'new player'. it is not a cuss word, nor will it ever be~ you're trying to create a problem where there isn't one.

yes, it does have the potential to hurt feelings~ everything does. but no one has the power to hurt you, unless you give them that power.

-

@kayleelane and gracetrillo123~ the whole point of the noob badge would be that it's only available to archmage and promethean wizards; that's half the fun right there. so don't worry... if this ever gets added to the game, you'll get one too.

von.
well if the no one finds out what cuss it stands for it won't be a big deal they don't filter it because no one knows what cuss it stands for so if no one finds out then it won't be a problem.
and make sure you read something before responding so it doesn't go on forever.

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
magicwand101860 on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:
well if the no one finds out what cuss it stands for it won't be a big deal they don't filter it because no one knows what cuss it stands for so if no one finds out then it won't be a problem.
and make sure you read something before responding so it doesn't go on forever.
Dude, there have been several replies, i am a master technomage (IRL) because i can find the answer of everything on the internet and noob, or as i sometimes call it, n00b (0 stands for low lvl or low class) is no cuss or curse, it is simply a minor joke/insult and if you got the badge you would not have to wear it, ever, so why bother fighting?

Also i personally like the idea that Von has, and a few small additions onto the badges topic:

Punching bag: get defeated 50 times in ranked pvp.
Bullied: got owned 100 times in ranked
Dr. KO'd: get defeated a whopping 200 times ranked

noob: achieved at level 75 minimum for failing a boss twice in a row (easy to get if you are doing jabberwock)

Complete n00b: gained lvl 80+ after dieing 5 times in a row

You got PWNED: at lvl 90 for dieing a whopping 10 times in a row

Completely useless at fighting: get killed 80 times total from any non-boss creature (doesn't have to be same enemy)

You have found the secret noob badge!: click the spot remaining on the page for noob badges after getting at least 4-5 (idk amount) and being at least lvl 79, or more (i am currently at that)

-The secret noob master (Flint Strongvault) if anyone wants to talk in game meet me Vampire realm later today, Sunday, February tenth, at about 7:00 pm pacific standard time

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
Dont be afraid to post any more ideas that you may have!!

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Alright KI, here it is. It may not sound serious, but i am. I want a "Noob" badge. The reason, i really don't have one, but i think that badges like these would be a fun thing to put in. I really hope that you consider this and that i dont get hate for just wanting to be a noob. Again, all seriousness in this. Others in this series should be a, "Owned", "Pwner", and "That Guy". Much appreciated if this is very much liked and put in the test realm.
Peace-
Transcendent Fire
Novice Necromancer
Dont worry about what other people think. You and you alone know what your doing. I will just disagree with it cause this feels like, in my opinion, a way to doubt yourself for not trying hard enough or for pawner to make you look better than others. We are all equal no matter rank, level, or experience. No one seems to realize this anymore.

Kane D., Legendary Death
Novice Life and Storm

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
no, you're overreacting.

-

von.
Lol am an archmage by now so I can get it :D

Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
no, you're overreacting.

-

von.
I saw my name and panicked xD

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
love this idea, btw magicwand101860 listen to what kindergarten teaches you: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 87 conjurer, can't wait to be the noob that casts celestial calendar, beware my noob almost promethean friends! magicwand101860 says this is a bad idea, get him to understand or at least stop insulting the idea

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
how about a "shame game" where you can tick a box before starting a pvp match.

If a majority of the players in the match ticked the box, all the losing wizards' badges are then reset to "Hero of Unicorn Way" for the next 7 days, so the casual observer might think they were real scrubs regardless of their true rank.

Of course, you could use this to your advantage by throwing a match to get the noob badge, then crushing people who actually thought you were still a noob. But a lot of people who care about PVP also care about their reputation and wouldn't want to wear the noob badge for any reason.

Survivor
May 17, 2010
Peace-
Transcendent Fire
Novice Necromancer
Agreed

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Explorer
Jun 04, 2012
I would find this quite funny x giggles x but we should get it when you just get defeated by a ghoul 100 times!

~Taylor Swift

Magus Therguist

P.S No I didn't read the rest of the posts

Explorer
Jun 04, 2012
MythWizardForeves on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
love this idea, btw magicwand101860 listen to what kindergarten teaches you: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 87 conjurer, can't wait to be the noob that casts celestial calendar, beware my noob almost promethean friends! magicwand101860 says this is a bad idea, get him to understand or at least stop insulting the idea
My Kindergarten teacher didn't say that...... Well at least i don't remember My teacher said that in Third grade xD

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
minecraftcutiegirl... on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
My Kindergarten teacher didn't say that...... Well at least i don't remember My teacher said that in Third grade xD
well listen to third grade teacher then xD

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
Peace-
Transcendent Fire
Novice Necromancer
For April Fools Day that would be a great idea! XD XD XD XD

Survivor
Feb 06, 2013
Definitely an instant kill badge or an infinity absorb damage badge

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Dr Von on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
yes, i read your post, and my opinion still stands.

no one can access your account unless you allow them to. therefore, letting anyone have access to your account, for any reason- whether it be leaving yourself logged in during a trip to the loo or giving a sibling your password-is considered account-sharing.

i don't think it's a rules violation, since i'm sure lots of siblings share accounts, but, anything someone does under your account reflects on you. if you're that concerned about being made to look like a fool by your siblings, ask your parents to give you your own account.

and to everyone else: noob is not a curse-word. it's short for newbie, which simply means "new player".

on that note, i would like my noob badge now. kthanksbye.

-von
I think what magicwand guy means is that you leave the screen on while going to the lavatory, and then your brother and sisters play on it. But i completely agree, that isa a great idea. The noob badge woukld be fun as a joke. Dont get why magicwand guy doesnt like it. It's for a joke

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
i have an idea sort of like the "Great Idea For Beggars" topic.

Cost: 399 crowns (like any pack)

A troll pack. Upon opening it you get all sort of joke items. and when a player nearby clicks on profile and hits the added "Interact" button, a GUI pops up with a selection of all the areas the joke item is on. and if you Stitch it, the stats and name disappear from your players public profile view, the joke is on them! it can be anywhere from the Troll Faic (look it up) popping up on screen, or a random useless item going into the inventory of the other person depending on where the person clicks on your avatar.

The pack gives 3 variations of every joke item. Boy, Girl, And rare.

The rare items can be sold at bazaar for a hefty amount of gold, or three times more crowns than the pack's cost (as its a 2 in 2000 chance of showing up

Also the rare gives a boost on any stat for you, could be speed, could be health, could be mana, crit or block rating, or all.

The butter and bread of the pack though, is Trololand, a house that has a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of drop, and has secrets, illusions, and rides that are like minigames, only you dont do much or anything at all. Also there are those games like the claw grabber game. 2 in every 50 people would get a decent prize, one play per day, and to play you need to pay 200 gold into a token machine for a cup of tokens (enough for every game in the arcade).

The house itself is the manager's office which, like the TARDIS, is much bigger on the inside with a whopping 10,000 item limit.

If you like this say so in he desc. and if you really want, the trololand park can also have a dispenser for the troll pack, but instead of 7 items only one item, and for gold amount of 10,000