Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

where is the rank 90 gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2008
all i keep getting is rank 84 gear im rank 90 im almost done who drops it it and does it exist? i have a rank 90 ice wand i hope we dont have to stich or craft them cause i dont do either of them

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Not really sure, might have to wait for the next world

When Avalon was out, they didnt have level 80 gear, so it might be the same thing with Azteca

Survivor
May 07, 2011
The highest level gear I have found that drops is level 89. I think the level 90 gear comes from card packs.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
I believe that the best gear dropped in Wizard101 is the waterworks gear throughout the whole game. Crafted gear is good, but they are amazing in one stat and totally stink in other stats! Waterworks gear balances all stats to make a perfect statistical gear set. Until KI comes out with some more gear, i suggest you stick with waterworks gear. I hope i helped!

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
ArMiN123321 on Jan 10, 2013 wrote:
I believe that the best gear dropped in Wizard101 is the waterworks gear throughout the whole game. Crafted gear is good, but they are amazing in one stat and totally stink in other stats! Waterworks gear balances all stats to make a perfect statistical gear set. Until KI comes out with some more gear, i suggest you stick with waterworks gear. I hope i helped!
Water Works gear is probably still the best all-around gear, but can be insufficient (finally!) in these recent two worlds.

I think KI made a mistake by making one set of gear which had the best (or very nearly the best) in every category. It took away the decision making about gear, for those who cared to have the best, and it eliminated the creative aspect of making different kinds of characters.

To be effective, you sort of "had to" (yes, not a literal truth, please be reasonable!) have the Water Works gear. You want to be an awesome Healer? Start with Water Works gear and maybe adjust a thing or two. You want to be an awesome striker? Start with Water Works gear and maybe adjust a thing or two.

I also think KI figured out it was a mistake. The next several worlds started coming out with gear that gave you really good advantages in some areas, but dropped some advantages in others. Now you have to choose.

But the Water Works gear was so good, that I only strayed widely from at at level 78. It took them 18 levels and two worlds to finally make it some some niche character types could bust away from the Water Works baseline.

Were I a betting man, I would bet we are unlikely to see any single best all around gear ever again. It made Wizard 101 almost boring, with its saving grace that those of us who got there had friends online, and the social aspect of the game is why a lot of us still hang around.

I think KI recognized the mistake, and have been working hard to fix it.

As of Azteca, I am starting to see signs of more than simple niche characters (like me, being the healer with 107% Outbound Heal, for example) moving away from Water Works gear. The damage is finally starting to be undone. People are starting to make choices again, because they have to.

And going well-rounded with Water Works gear is still a good choice -- I still do it in Striker mode -- but it is no longer the "only" choice for a sizeable number of people.

Assuming they can keep up the creativity and keep expanding this game, I am looking forward to a level where noone chooses Water Works gear because even though it is balanced, it is lower than the stuff you have out there in the new world in too many ways.

Love my Water Works gear -- will likely never part with it, even if it just sits on a Mannequin in my home -- but I am looking forward to not having a single gold standard against which all other gear is judged.

You can't please everyone all the time -- Water Works gear was a mistake in that it tried to do exactly that.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Good question. Also, I haven't seen level 70 OR 80 gear from Zafaria and Avalon. KI needs to give us some new gear that doesn't have us grinding reagents 24/7. I wanna see a fun dungeon like the Waterworks again.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
I think you might get level 90 gear in next world thats coming soon

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
ABC EZ as 123 on Jan 8, 2013 wrote:
The highest level gear I have found that drops is level 89. I think the level 90 gear comes from card packs.
Yeah i havent seen any drop. The packs and crowns shop has 90 for sure.