Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If I knew then what I know now...

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 27, 2009
There are 2 things:

1.how to battle. when i first started playing i did not know how to fight and i would lose every time.

2.to not make so many friends. every wizard i saw i added to my friend list. now i have to delete other wizards to add more to my list.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Sorry, but I have to agree with Hobi. I wish I had known that the game would eventually become less family friendly with play styles and insanely overpowered boss/mobs. Understated gear, stats, spells has left me not wanting to move on to the next main world. It would have been nice for the game to remain family friendly and balanced.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2010
I have 2 things one i wish i knew using life as a second school to my ice would make me last evel longer now i can't get my new spell.

Second i wish i knew i had a friend limit i would not have added every friend i saw.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I also agree with Hobi. As the new year begins we are running down our use of Wizard101 as it has grown to a game out of our league.

I too will not be investing any more into a game I don't want to play any more.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
I didn't know that there was a discarding feature until dragonspyre.

Defender
May 13, 2009
I didn't know that text chat existed until I was level 40. It made the game much better when I found out about it and got it. I think that right when you start the game, it asks if you want open chat or menu chat and it tells you the difference between the two (with parents permission). Also, I didn't know that I could discard cards until I was level 50 when I accidentally right clicked on a card! It frustrated me that I didn't know that I could do that for so long!!!!! It made me so frustrated that it was so helpful to discard cards in a duel! You have to put that in the tutorial!!!!!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Oh my gosh i didnt know how to use treasure cards tell i was like level 58 during a 2v2 before i thought you just sold them lol

Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
If i knew then what i know now, hmm.... Well, i wish i knew not to go tomrandom teachers and waste my training points i have 2 wizards that messed that up..... My 2 highest..... My fire wizardnpicked random schools (storm myth and mostly death) and my death chose fire . Oh well...... I still can solo stuff with the death wizard anyway.... My fire is in azteca...... Near impossible to solo there unless your Alexander Lionheart or Michael Stormwraith or something......

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
spookymh38 on Jan 12, 2013 wrote:
If i knew then what i know now, hmm.... Well, i wish i knew not to go tomrandom teachers and waste my training points i have 2 wizards that messed that up..... My 2 highest..... My fire wizardnpicked random schools (storm myth and mostly death) and my death chose fire . Oh well...... I still can solo stuff with the death wizard anyway.... My fire is in azteca...... Near impossible to solo there unless your Alexander Lionheart or Michael Stormwraith or something......
You know yo can redo your training points right.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
I wish I'd known sooner that so many of the reagents needed for the crafting quests could be obtained from gardening. A handful of EMPs would have saved my balance wizard hours of running around Marleybone looking for scrap iron.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2013
Well, now that you brought it up, i didn't know about how
you unlock pets. Besides the fact that you can
get a new pet from the shopping district or purchase one
with crowns. What i mean to be exact, as i didn't know about bosses droping pets. To be onest i still dont know about how you get eggs
that hatch pets. -Karic IceWalker

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
I wish that I'd known that when you criticaled you only did twice the damage. Not ten times the damage like I thought. Lol.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2012
Aarrrthur on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
Training points.
I didn't know how many I got, or the significance of them. You are told to train other schools, but never told that training points aren't the same as getting spells from your school.
I had assumed that I'd eventually get all spells from all teachers!
That was over 3 years ago now though! Time flies when you are having fun!

Rogan Firehammer
I agree I thought we would have gotten from all schools and as soon as I realized I got some crowns and went to golem park to the stork and bought all my training points back. Once I did that my deck got better. The only thing I wish I had known was that you can't jump and pick the cards you want even tough you are past the level they are good for. I still got everything focused and found to be a better player to.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2012
nullI agree I thought we would have gotten from all schools and as soon as I realized I got some crowns and went to golem park to the stork and bought all my training points back. Once I did that my deck got better. The only thing I wish I had known was that you can't jump and pick the cards you want even tough you are past the level they are good for. I still got everything focused and found to be a better player to.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
The shuffle deck treasure card. I didn't know of its existence until I was about level 50. Argueably the best most valuable treasure card available. An absolute must have when soloing dungeons.

Nothing is worse than battling a boss for 20 minutes just to run out of cards!

Survivor
Jul 15, 2012
If I knew then what I know now... Hmm...

Oh, I know! I would have to say it would be how to use Feint. At first I refused to put it in my decks after I found out it put a trap on myself and helped the monsters kill me. Oh how wrong I was then! it always has a place in my deck now because it is one of my biggest helpers.

I would also have to mention not being wiser with my spell choices. I asked a question last night but I don't think it was posted yet, about how many spells I can learn in the game with training points but I used google to find the answer and found a thread on this website that had the number. I wish I would have been wiser in picking my spells... I'm probably going to buy back my training points and try to make a new deck. I thought when I started I would be able to get all of the spells... Wrong.
I kinda wish at the beginning of the game it tells you to be wise with your points because you'll only get so many. That would have been a huge help.

Iridian Raingem - Level Forty Six
Necromancer, Secondary in myth, third in life.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I wish I knew that the pets you can get in wizard city don't cast cards lol

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Definitely discarding... Didn't learn till dragonspyre. You should of saw how angry I was when I got there.

Explorer
Feb 25, 2012
RottenHeart on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
The shuffle deck treasure card. I didn't know of its existence until I was about level 50. Argueably the best most valuable treasure card available. An absolute must have when soloing dungeons.

Nothing is worse than battling a boss for 20 minutes just to run out of cards!
i dont wanna spoil so i wont give much details you can get the normal reshuffle card at a secret shop but i am not telling you where the shop is or how to get there.

i wish i knew how to discard. when i always needed to use a tc, i couldnt, i knew what you needed to do but i didnt know how. btw please dont call me blind i realised the message ontop of the cards.

i also wish i knew how to get tp.

Gabriel Ashleaf Master Theurgist Level 47
Gabriel Shadoweyes Apprentice Necromancer Level 7

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
Personally, I had never been able to figure out how to discard and draw treasure cards until recently.....
I figured it out when I looked it up online.

Destiny Waterthief

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
saveing money to buy better wands robes wands boots decks and mounts now i save as much as i can and sell things i dont need or want so to every one that has just starded out iam daniel ghost thiorn level 50 save moner sell things you dont need or want up date robes spells wands and so on and a bove all wlws dont trade cards inless you know you can trust them ty

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
my biggest issue is power pips. they're so useful if i had known in the summer of 2012....

Survivor
Jan 13, 2013
That the Fire Elf was actually good. I always thought it was just a 50 damage spell, but when I got to Krokotopia, I started seeing its greatness. I used the attack-every-round ability to beat Malistare with it(with LOTS of blades, lol).

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
You need better help .. that is tayloried for your place in the game, that you can't figure out.
In the drum jungle I want to train for a spell(from the "sun Oblisk") I have 7 training points but I can't learn the spell and I have no idea of why. And there is no help for and answer?

I spent two weeks trying to figure out how to get to the "TOMB OF STORMS" and then one day I saw a wizard go to each pillor and activate it, to get accross to the TOMB

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
libberty22 on Feb 4, 2013 wrote:
You need better help .. that is tayloried for your place in the game, that you can't figure out.
In the drum jungle I want to train for a spell(from the "sun Oblisk") I have 7 training points but I can't learn the spell and I have no idea of why. And there is no help for and answer?

I spent two weeks trying to figure out how to get to the "TOMB OF STORMS" and then one day I saw a wizard go to each pillor and activate it, to get accross to the TOMB
If the spell is Colossus - you have to learn all the spells (fists) before that which start in Celestia Base Camp.

You only need to take the boost spells not the accuracy ones - there is one on the Floating land up the hill in the tent camp area and then you are able to get the one in Drum Jungle - makes for a lot of wasted spells in your spell book because in the end you are only going to add those 275's.

I wish Vault of Ice was easier - I go in there with menu chat wizards and they end up exiting because they don't know they have to do the three fights to get the door to open - it's so sad, how many have to quit because they can not get how that goes.