Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If I knew then what I know now...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
I wish I knew that it wasn't smart to use training points on the moon school. I trained moon spells, but I thought I would have the same health, and better cards than the polymorphs have.

Jonathan Frogheart - An ice Mage that have improved in astral magic when it's too late xD

Survivor
Nov 24, 2011
If I had known my health was normal for storm. I had just done a boss in krok with a thamaturge who had nearly twice as much health as I did. So I took off all of my gear to find I had about 900 health. I was thrown into panic and put the highest health adding gear (It looked pretty bad, uncoorinated. yeah I care about that XD) So I parade around krok in this until I hit about 1,000 health and finally change outfits.

~Amy Duskbreeze, Magus Diviner
~Grace Starsong, Initiate Theurgist (and feeling good about my health)

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
i wish i knew what wisps were and what a fizzle meant......

Scarlet Silverhunter
lvl 61 sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
I wish I knew how to defeat tougher enemies wearing armour. When I kept on dying in Firecat Alley I said, "why can't I defeat this boss? He has too much health!" Then I asked a friend what i could do to defeat him on my own (none of my friends were ever avalible ) and he said, "You can buy some armour in the Shopping District." I bought some and defeated the boss afterward .

Survivor
Jan 21, 2013
I wish I knew that you need pips for healing spells.. I always thought that it only pops up when you needed it but one day when I needed it I didn't get it and died. Then I found out about pips by deuling diego's tutorial... now when I need them I always use 0 pip shields or clashes!

Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
I'm still fairly new to the game but I wish I had known sooner that in a group battle I caould see who was attacking who and with what spell. I didn't notice that until I was a level 17.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
What have you learned in Wizard101 that you wish you'd known when you first started playing?

Wish you'd known more about how to put Treasure Cards in your Deck, or how to Discard & Draw Treasure Cards?

Tell us the little lessons you've learned along the way that you wish you'd known earlier in your journey through the Spiral.
I've learned how to discard cards and get treasure cards. Use blades and traps. Use enchants. Use Star, Sun, and Moon Spells. And allot more

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
If i knew what i know now when i started, well my character would have turned out allot different, but most of all i would have started on PVP earlier, now as a life wizard at level 84 if i enter the arena i have had no real experience there and am slaughtered every single time xD

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
--I wish I knew how accuracy related to fizzling; I always wondered what the little target symbol was.
--I thought you were supposed to train in every school, so I spent my training points on learning all the rank one spells and eventually had to buy them back.
--It would have been nice to know how to switch realms.
--I really didn't know how to use treasure cards at all. I knew what they were, but I couldn't figure out how to use them.
--I also wish I knew I could discard cards.
Fiona Mythsinger, level 67 Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 15, 2012
I did not know (until I was level 10 or something) that you could fizzle because when it did I was like "What Happened?". I wish I knew that there was a master merchant.....because I couldn't find any scrap iron..........er....yeah. Stay Cool Mrs.Greyrose. Lol I wasn't joking.

Erin Blueheart (You propbably know who I am 'cause I was on Raven wood news)

Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
I wish I known how what actual strategy was. All I really did was I kept on spamming rank one spells. A few years later, I played a lot of games with strategy in them. Now I am a dueling warlock.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2012
CanaryCass on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
I wish I known how what actual strategy was. All I really did was I kept on spamming rank one spells. A few years later, I played a lot of games with strategy in them. Now I am a dueling warlock.
Don't you mean dueling warlord, not warlock? Lol

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
I didn't know the percent of how much a spell fizzles. I also didn't know what the accuracy spell is.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
sara9years on Mar 2, 2013 wrote:
Don't you mean dueling warlord, not warlock? Lol
Yep.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2012
When I first started playing Wizard101, I had no idea what traps and blades were for.
I wish I have had known what they were for when I first started.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"the mind is more powerful than any other tool you will percieve"
-Sammyy12

Survivor
Feb 24, 2013
I am a life wizardand i had a lot of healing spells and a little of attacking spells. I sucked. I am level 30 and i have just realized there were treausre cards and I was like...wow!
This really shocked me and I was astonished for a while.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I wish I knew that you didn't HAVE to train a secondary school. I'd always train up to the last spell in the second school and wonder why I never used the spells.

Survivor
May 17, 2011
I wish I knew what accouacy was and knew that life could fizzle and rank 0 spells were useful. I wish that I knew that storm was a good fighting school. I also wish I knew that you couldn't get a secondary school without getting the lower level spell.

Mary SparkleBlossom Level 73 (almost level 74) Thurgest

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
I remember when i was a level 21 i first learned how to actually used text chat, before i used menu because i didnt know how to get the box to appear lol

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I have several things.

1: Text chat. I would always wonder what the ... means until I got text chat myself.
2: What the spell taunt is. I used to use it on pvp because I thought it did DoT or something like that. Same with the soothe and spells like that.
3:You could discard a card.I used to watch on youtube people battling an i saw someone discard a card. It was amazing .

Molly
Level 33
Balance

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
What have you learned in Wizard101 that you wish you'd known when you first started playing?

Wish you'd known more about how to put Treasure Cards in your Deck, or how to Discard & Draw Treasure Cards?

Tell us the little lessons you've learned along the way that you wish you'd known earlier in your journey through the Spiral.
When i first started playing i was a Thurgeist (life) . SOOOO I like never fizzled. Then when i made my diviner (Storm) The acccuracy is 70% and of course like most of use new people or **NOOBS** as people say didnt know that. And i always fizzled on my storm and never on my life. The i realized this colorful spiral thing under my character screen!!! I was wondering what it was of course. So i clicked it. And it said accuracy???? i was like what is accuracy then i Asked Google cause he is really smart. And it said it sometimes is helpful from keeping your spells not to fizzle!!!! I was excited! So the is waht i have learned over the couple years i have played Wizard101

Hope you enjoyed my story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011

how to use tresure cards and how to use pips at the first battel.but as, I found out I was on somewhat on 9th level it was hard till then.so tell them some more about th battles.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
I wish I knew how to properly use training points. I wasted them on pointless spells. I also wish I knew how to use tresure cards and how to switch realms.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I wish the intro told me more about the different schools and let me pick one that fit my playing style.

The questions don't really help. My favorite color is purple... OK? So?

There should be something like this:

"Hi, wecome to Ravenwood. What would you like to do?"

Team Defense / high level PvP - Ice

Team Healer - Life

Team Damage Dealer - Storm (caution - low health)

Damage Dealer/Aggressive Soloist - Fire

All-Around/Soloist - Death

All-Around/Team Support - Balance

Mid-Level 1v1 PvP/low level solo - Myth (not recommended for solo questing above level 70)

etc

The questions and intro don't really give us an idea what the schools are like, or what they are best for.

I ended up making one of everything, but had serious regrets about my first pick.

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
balancegirl4545 on Apr 7, 2013 wrote:
I wish I knew how to properly use training points. I wasted them on pointless spells. I also wish I knew how to use tresure cards and how to switch realms.
I wish I knew about training points too, lol!! I wasted most of mine too and It would've been helpful if you made training points clearer in the beginning.
I also wish I knew about treasure cards, reagents, realms, friend lists, pets, mounts, and schools. The Beginning of the game was so confusing to me

Julia DragonLeaf-Level 86 Ice

Megan DragonLeaf-Level 25 Storm

"The Best Things In Life Are Free, But Wizard101 Begs To Differ!"