Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Phoenix mount and wizard101 head?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
So I just needed to know something about the phoenix mount. I have bought over 50 packs of the Phoenix cards since they went on sale and I haven't had the Phoenix mount drop once. I have received TONS of gear, food, pets, reagents, spell cards and other stuff I'm not really concerned about. All I want is the mount. I have blown thru about 35000 crowns on this. Am I wasting my time? Is it that rare? Am I better off just buying the card with the mount in it? Thanks for any help you can give. I have everything you can get from the Phoenix pack except the Phoenix now.
Also is there a wizard101 site similar to the world of Warcraft site wowhead? I'm looking for lists of all pets and mounts and gear you can get in the game. Along with guides on how to obtain them. Any information would be great.
Thanks all.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
If theres a card out there with mount on it i would buy that.

There is wizard101 central and wizard101 wiki those are the 2 i use most. But im surprised that there isnt a hardcore website that gives info on all the quests,mobs,pets,gear,cards and just everything. Central gives alot of info but not everything.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Magikos on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
So I just needed to know something about the phoenix mount. I have bought over 50 packs of the Phoenix cards since they went on sale and I haven't had the Phoenix mount drop once. I have received TONS of gear, food, pets, reagents, spell cards and other stuff I'm not really concerned about. All I want is the mount. I have blown thru about 35000 crowns on this. Am I wasting my time? Is it that rare? Am I better off just buying the card with the mount in it? Thanks for any help you can give. I have everything you can get from the Phoenix pack except the Phoenix now.
Also is there a wizard101 site similar to the world of Warcraft site wowhead? I'm looking for lists of all pets and mounts and gear you can get in the game. Along with guides on how to obtain them. Any information would be great.
Thanks all.
Answers, in order

#1~ yes, the mounts are Ultra Rare, meaning that your chance of getting one is around 5%. And, if you aren't comfortable spending that kind of money on packs, you're probably wasting your time~ I got the mount after about 16 packs, but that is extremely rare.

2~yes, there is. wizard101 wikia and wizard101central are both great resources.

Hope this helps, kinda.
-von

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Thanks all.
Just to answer your questions about sites with information, guides, etc. -- My favorite fansite is wizard101central.com. They have all of that, and more.

And here is a link to information about "other" fansites too:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/fansites

This fansite information is found on the Message Board Home Page, under Community News.

(Note: if "clicking" on the link doesn't work, you might have to do a "copy and paste" to see the info.)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Thanks all.
Each pack comes with the same info: you have a CHANCE to receive the mount or a pet. Mounts are rare to ultra-rare. It's up to you as to whether you have money to spend on this, but there is never a guarantee.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
Getting the mounts from a pack really does seem to be just pure luck. Once in a blue moon, all the planets align, Moodha smiles on you, and an ultra rare appears. The rest of the time, you end up searching for shelf space for the 20 duplicate trees, pets and bobbleheads. When the Raven's hoard pack came out, I really really wanted the blood raven and went through the same thing you mentioned with trying to get it. I never did. When Phoenix hoard was released, I had a few crowns left over, so I clicked it once thinking maybe I could get a new wand, and the phoenix mount appeared. Getting it isn't impossible. You have to remember, though, as with all ultra rares, it is unlikely. If you start clicking thousands of crowns into a pack with an expectation of getting one specific ultra rare, it's a recipe for disappointment. The crowns shop has fantastic mounts with 100% of getting them. Each hoard pack KI offers has its own fantastic mounts. After my raven experience, my philosophy became, if you can't get the mount you love, love the mount you can get :)

Check the fansite wizards101central for the lists you wondered about. They have a wiki page that is the closest thing I've found to a wowhead version. Hope it helps :)

~cheers