Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm owl too much damage?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Worthless gear huh? Ok, all knowing wise man of myth and everything about wizard101. Oh yeah, and you think I would start bragging about how my medusa can hit 1,000 damage? No.

Explorer
Mar 20, 2010
Storm Owl for lvl 90 is 10 pips and does 1500-ish damage. Correct?

Tempest, received in Krokotopia (I believe) does 800 damage to all enemies at 10 pips.

If Storm Owl was lower, as in, 1200 (which is only 100 more than Leviathan), or 1300 it would be unecomical to use because Tempest would do about the same damage to everyone for about the same pip cost. Wait one more turn and Tempest would do almost 900 damage to all; two more and it would do more than Leviathan (if the pips were nice.)

Personally, I like the look of Storm Owl: blank, straight damage, no funny side effects that don't really help-a very nice spell that's not overpowered.

If you are killed in one hit in PvP by one then you forgot the amount of shielding you can do: storm shield (85% tc), tower shield (trained: 50% and amulet/clothing: 55% and tc: 55%, all stackable), star school fortify (15%), weakness (trained: 25% and tc: 30%), elemental shield (trained: 50% and tc: 55%, stackable I believe). And in the time the storm is trying to take this off with a wand, potentially messing up their own traps and blades, you can be happily carving them up with your own spells. Or in the at-least four turns the storm is getting the Owl pips, you can put up at least a few tower shields and go in for the kill before the storm can do anything. I know; it's happened to me with leviathan.

-Myrna DeathBlood, Legendary Diviner

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Spiral emperor on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
Worthless gear huh? Ok, all knowing wise man of myth and everything about wizard101. Oh yeah, and you think I would start bragging about how my medusa can hit 1,000 damage? No.
For goodness sakes, I supported the fact that he made a logical and fact supported comment, no need to start being sardonic. No one ever said that you were bragging about hitting 1000 damage; everyone who's bothering to respond to you is simply pointing out that your Medusa should hit more than that. So please, no need to make this uncivil.

Mason Shadowwraith apparently Wise man of everything about wizard101

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I usually play Balance and don't mind the occasional Storm Owl. A Storm wizard with high damage usually has poor resist so I try deal enough damage that my honorable Storm opponent has to use pips healing and can only cast the Owl infrequently.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Storm owl too much damage? I would bet my money on it.
OP in Pvp? Probably.
Anything wrong/should be fixed? NO

It may be true that it is almost 2000 damage just with colossal but oddly enough I haven't been finding the specific spell a problem against me. It was used on me, but then again I have 52 resist, which is also my advice for people cranky about this spell, get resist. One shield goes a long way too. With those and you might live long enough to heal.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
'Griefing' is destroying someone else's work. Did this player blow up your house? Thought not. Not a griefer, then. A player using a legitimate, if annoying, strategy. In other words, not a reportable offense. I suggest looking at the KI list of reportable offenses, remember, repeated false offenses result in punishment to you. And being mean is not a reportable offense, unless they swear at you. I don't think even puppet teaming is reportable.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2010
Its the perfect damage since sirens damage wasnt high. Atleast comparing to levy.

Squire
May 10, 2013
nick468d on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
1525-1625 + colossal and the storm damage I: and i know you guys will say shield (idk about ice) but some storm carry myth mastery or scatter.
I hate to break it to you but I don't agree. If you think 1800 damage is a lot, you don't think a 100,000, Banshee isn't?

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Well, like Astro said, it's just a ton of damage, exactly what Stom's focus is. No problems, I'll say.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
I have never even seen this spell and been playing for a few years now lol

Maybe i am lucky :P

Explorer
Dec 10, 2008
Lol I love when people say we have low accuracy. I have plus 35 Accuracy, 30 resist, 92 damage, 2900 health and 91% power pip chance. I didn't mention Critical because honestly critical is useless in the higher level worlds. Storm owl without blades with colossal on it does over 3000 for me.
Blaze Skullthorn, Level 88

Survivor
May 05, 2009
AstroStorm on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
Sharpended Balde and Potent trap make the blades and traps even more powerful, and most experienced players carry around feints and such, and the really good high level strom wizards carry at the least 90+ damage, with some decent defenses. A normally buffed storm owl can do near or over 50,000 damage per hit.
I personally think that storm owl was made to help fight enemies on the street in Avalon and Azteca. With the amount of damage you said is where I thought of that. :)

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
The whole school is too much damage lol

I just don't like how we are supposed to believe that a storm owl is stronger than a leviathan. I think that is kind of lame.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you allow a storm wizard to survive long enough to actually cast Storm Owl without having shields and other countermeasures in place, you deserve the damage. Owl is great for boss killing, but it's really not the first choice for pvp or street fights.