Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm owl too much damage?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
actually accuracy is no cripple. i see so many storms with accuracy boost of at least 16% and storm owl isnt so bad i block it all the time with shields and i am life type. with resistance of 14% haha whats worse? getting a close call or getting a siren and losing two blades and getting a good ole negative accuracy for your next move? plus once storm owl is casted its 10 pips so if it doesnt kill they are pretty much dead.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
Storm owl does too much. I don't think it really fair for life and death schools.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
DrakePrenup on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
You guys have to consider that storm's accuracy isn't amazing and that our health/defense isn't too good either. We rely on our massive attacks.
I'm a Storm wizard, but I'm going to disagree on the accuracy point. My Storm with her current gear fizzles very rarely, if at all. (Higher leveled Diviners often have gear with lots of accuracy.) However, as you pointed out we do rely on damage, as our health isn't very high.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
I can see where most of you are coming from with storm having a bit too much damage but you must keep in mind they only have 5 pluses(stormblade,stormtrap,elemental blade/trap, and the one tht does 12% accuracy per pip or 12% damage i forget which)now lets take my school for example: death hmm lets see death blade death trap curse spirit blade and trap and last but not least feint! see every school is specail in their own way, now i do agree storm owl is a "high hitter" spell if you will,but with all the death spells you can make dr.von monster hit more than a storm owl!!!! see every school deals with something diffrent death:stealing health storm: high damage fire:over rounds attacking ice:protection myth:minons life:healing and balance: buffing or adding pluses to other wizads, See? every school is pretty much overpowered in their own way

Justin Darkbringer, lvl 22 death wizard currently in krokotopia

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
buster09383 on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
I can see where most of you are coming from with storm having a bit too much damage but you must keep in mind they only have 5 pluses(stormblade,stormtrap,elemental blade/trap, and the one tht does 12% accuracy per pip or 12% damage i forget which)now lets take my school for example: death hmm lets see death blade death trap curse spirit blade and trap and last but not least feint! see every school is specail in their own way, now i do agree storm owl is a "high hitter" spell if you will,but with all the death spells you can make dr.von monster hit more than a storm owl!!!! see every school deals with something diffrent death:stealing health storm: high damage fire:over rounds attacking ice:protection myth:minons life:healing and balance: buffing or adding pluses to other wizads, See? every school is pretty much overpowered in their own way

Justin Darkbringer, lvl 22 death wizard currently in krokotopia
Sharpended Balde and Potent trap make the blades and traps even more powerful, and most experienced players carry around feints and such, and the really good high level strom wizards carry at the least 90+ damage, with some decent defenses. A normally buffed storm owl can do near or over 50,000 damage per hit.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
I do not think storm owl is overpowered that much. Like someone said, it's ten times the pips as thunder snake so it could be 1350-1450 but storm wizards would want something more strong than a life wizards overtime spell.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Sorry, but if a Storm Wizard makes it to 10 pips, and you haven't shielded, removed his pips, or defeated him, that isn't the Storm's fault. Owl has no side effects, it can easily be countered with Shields, Weaknesses, Dispels, etc. You have several rounds to build your defense, if you can set it up in time, Owl is rendered useless.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
guys storm dosn`t over power. balance does. they have plenty of damage, buffing, accuricy tanperings, and at the lowest level achive a spell do damage all enemys and if u are so mad just make one.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Spiral emperor on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
Ok. I guess I need to look before I leap. I guess you guys are a little sensitive about the way you duel and save the spiral. But, it's not like I hate storm wizards. In fact, some of my best friends are diviners. BUT, you don't have to get all sarcastic with me. No, I do not want storm wizards to get a 5 damage, 11 pip spell! Are you crazy!! Come on, not even I would have that happen. You guys are so silly.

Sincerely,

Robert Dragonrider, The Puppet Master.
You've probably heard about a million times, but I'll say it again:
Each school has its ups and downs.
The major "up" of the storm school is the superbly high damage.
However there are downs:
-low health
-low accuracy

As a storm wizard myself, I can honestly say that if my opponent uses a storm shield I am hopeless.
That's another down, for me personally.
I have learned to work around the low accuracy and low health, with my amulet giving me Satyr. Other schools work around the low damage, using spells like Feint or Colossal.
I'm the type of person that prefers high damage over high health and accuracy.
Additionally, I got the triton spell at about level 40. With blades and feint I can hit 3500 damage at once!
So it's reasonable to have a strong spell like Storm Owl at level 88.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
WEAKNESS IS KEY ! Also, not many (if skilled) storms carry Storm Owl. Its allot of damage, for allot of pips. Why waste pips on that if they could just simply Levy? Also, I haven't seen ANY storms carry myth mastery. Life or Balance maybe, but NEVER myth. Also, just say a storm wizard has 7 power pips which equals 14 pips. That is the max . Ok, so 7 power pips. Storm Owl would cost 5 of those power pips and shatter costs 3. 5 + 3 = 8 . BUT They only have 7 power pips. That gives you one turn to shield, and like the other elemental schools, storm doesn't have the best power pip percentage. So that may possibly giving you ANOTHER round for a shield. This is considering if they DON'T have a myth mastery. If they do, don't forget its only a one hit move. Doesn't take blades or anything, just pure damage.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Diamondwing101 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
You've probably heard about a million times, but I'll say it again:
Each school has its ups and downs.
The major "up" of the storm school is the superbly high damage.
However there are downs:
-low health
-low accuracy

As a storm wizard myself, I can honestly say that if my opponent uses a storm shield I am hopeless.
That's another down, for me personally.
I have learned to work around the low accuracy and low health, with my amulet giving me Satyr. Other schools work around the low damage, using spells like Feint or Colossal.
I'm the type of person that prefers high damage over high health and accuracy.
Additionally, I got the triton spell at about level 40. With blades and feint I can hit 3500 damage at once!
So it's reasonable to have a strong spell like Storm Owl at level 88.
You can hit 3500 damage? So can I! Good job! By the way, I don't see how a storm shield makes you hopeless. Don't you have a wand, or staff, or anything? They come with a minor attack, so you can intercept shields, by the way. Didn't I apologize about the whole storm damage problem? I realize you guys have low health and accuracy. If your gonna cry about it, don't try to blame me! You know what, if you don't want my help, your not gonna get it!

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
I don't really get why people are complaining about storm owl. It's a storm spell what else would you expect from it XD. it is kind of getting annoying why people have something to complain about from every school. it's like they want all the advantages taken away from every school. if that happened people wouldn't like the game as much. some people are complaining and probably do the exact same thing. i know that it is difficult for people to survive in that kind of battle, but sometimes you just gotta outsmart the opponent. (Blaze Moonmender lvl 90 necromancer)

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
nick468d on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
1525-1625 + colossal and the storm damage I: and i know you guys will say shield (idk about ice) but some storm carry myth mastery or scatter.
Um think about how levy was 1030 with remove 2 blades. If you change the remove 2 blades to damage it's 1230. So it's just 295-395 more damage for 30 more levels. And the one you should be worry about is the 600+750 life DOT. Or maybe the ice's lord of winter that can remove up to 3 power pips(6 pips).Let's change lord of winters remove 3 pip slots to damage. Okay so it'll be 1250-1550. And people like to spam storm shields so even if they do scatter or earthquake it'll only work if you go first, or you're dumb and don't keep a storm shield in hand. And either way all you really have to do is kill them before they can attack with it. Most storms have it in the 67-76 power pip chance so some just get white pips the whole battle. So pretty much just kill them before they get to use it.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Spiral emperor on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
Astrostorm, I'm sorry but I disagree with you BIGTIME. I've met storm wizards with around 4,000 health and even better statistics of all other kinds. Now, I'm not trying to be mean, but I do think the storm school is overpowered. I mean seriously, with just one storm blade and maybe a trap, the storm owl can hit about 3,500 damage! That's how much damage my medusa does with maximum blades, traps, and a gargantuan enchantment as well! I'm myth school by the way. So I hope you get my point. Storm doesn't extremely need an attack that does overkill just about every single time.

Robert Dragonrider, level 74 myth " The puppet master."
Not to be mean but if your medusa does that much with all your blades and traps, you're in trouble. My medusa does 2632 just with one blade.(level 73 myth) So... Somethings wrong. It's either your gear, or your lying about how much it does.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Spiral emperor on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
Astrostorm, I'm sorry but I disagree with you BIGTIME. I've met storm wizards with around 4,000 health and even better statistics of all other kinds. Now, I'm not trying to be mean, but I do think the storm school is overpowered. I mean seriously, with just one storm blade and maybe a trap, the storm owl can hit about 3,500 damage! That's how much damage my medusa does with maximum blades, traps, and a gargantuan enchantment as well! I'm myth school by the way. So I hope you get my point. Storm doesn't extremely need an attack that does overkill just about every single time.

Robert Dragonrider, level 74 myth " The puppet master."
Oh and if seen storm with around 4,000 thousand health. They must of went with health gear instead or going with the damage gear. My level 90 storm warlord only has 2,958 health, 23 accuracy, and 13 to death, life, myth, balance, storm, 33 resist to fire, and 23 resist to ice, with 96 damage, 423 critical, 71 power pip chance, and only 56 critical block to death, life, myth , balance, storm, 97 to fire, and 80 something to ice. So don't tell me you seen storms with that much health and with a lot of damage and critical.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I am a pyromancer, but that doesn't mean I don't know storms weaknesses such as:
-Bad health
-Bad accuracy
-Bad resist
And then for storm owl, storm dispel, storm shield, myth dispel, etc.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2013
Moonlighterz1000 on Jan 15, 2013 wrote:
Storm Owl only hits one enemy without any side affects and can be shielded/dispeled so i dont really see much of a problem.
That is true but that spell can just power thorough those shields

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
OhThatKid123 on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
That is true but that spell can just power thorough those shields
You could just dispel the attack, then BAM. They have no pips left if they actually use owl. Or if they have blades, earthquake. It can be countered pretty easily....

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
storm is suppose to be high damage if we don't have that were just a worse version of ice

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
OK really why is this there even a topic on this...storm owl is perfect the way it is (like many have said before). it's storm...since when should storm have low damage....last time I checked storm's rank 2 spell was the only rank 2 spell strong enough to one-shot lady black hope. That being said it's only natural for them to have the strongest spell damage wise. Just how the schools are balanced the spells are balanced. storm owl trades an after effect for doing the most damage. Imagine if storm owl stunned for two rounds after. No healing and shielding for you if you didn't have stun immunity or stun block. or if it was a Dot...wouldn't that be fun...the point is storm owl is fine...all you need to do is spam towers, storm shields (regular ones), thermic shields, and the shield from fire school that shields storm and ice(forgot the name ) and your good. try to get some gear that gives great resist and the damage should be bearable.
David Willow Breeze, level 68

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
Saying this is like saying that storm should get a total makeover, with less damage. Storm is just fine the way it is, same as ice, changing them in any way, shape, or form would ruin them.

Robert Angleblade
Grandmaster Theurgist

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I took some advice from a quote in some pirate 101 thing, saying, "don't judge a man until you have walked two moons in their moccasins." So I did that. Storm DOES have the lowest health, and the lowest accuracy. But I could one hit kill anything that was in my way. But if the enemy even tried to attack me, I was dead in about two turns. And if I fizzled, I was in trouble. So now I get it. The storm owl is supposed to have high damage. Storm is like a soldier going into battle with no armor, but they're carrying a thousand bombs and bazookas. If they get hit, or they miss, there's not much hope for them. But it's hard for their enemy to attack them if they're not alive.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
I don't see why some of you are complaining about its damage. They have low health, and their accuracy isn't good. They are known to be the strong class, so it should have that damage. They don't even have DOT, so one storm shield will make that spell useless.

I think it's perfect the way it is.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2012
Well it's not overpowered cause storm has the lowest health and well not good gear to resist always so I think it's not unfair but allot fair cause we storm can only hit when we aren't almost dead and that's like never

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
This original message has been removed.
It's annoying because it was true; Medusa should hit quite a bit more than you said unless you were lying or have worthless gear. When someone does a perfectly logical response, no need to tell him how annoying you think he is for knowing how much damage something should do.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean