Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do some people make it to Celestia?

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I don't get it. How do some people get a wizard into the level 50's or 60's and into Celestia? Occasionally I meet other wizards that are absolutely terrible. I don't mean kinda bad, I mean down right horrible.

Last night I met a guy in Celestia, reasonably leveled, and he simply had no idea of how to battle. And consistantly using level 2 or 3 spells. He was very confident and took no gentle suggestions. After surviving the battle with him I ran away and circled around to watch him. Battling alone he got seriously pounded and eventually killed. I found him in Base Camp and discretely followed him. He went straight back in for more punishment!

I have seen this before and I don't understand. How do you make it to Celestia without reasonable battle skills?

The only possiblities I can think of:

1) The wizard has not actualy made it to Celestia yet. Through extended perseverence they have made it to higher wizard level, but they still aren't very good. And they just ported in.

2) Someone is borrowing someone else's wizard (girlfriend, boyfriend, etc.).

Any other thoughts???

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
honestly i think that person is a good player and always used low rank spells
but when that person transferred from ds to cl the enemies were more powerful and thier strategy just didnt work anymore

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Same way he made it through that first battle. With others help.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
RottenHeart on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
I don't get it. How do some people get a wizard into the level 50's or 60's and into Celestia? Occasionally I meet other wizards that are absolutely terrible. I don't mean kinda bad, I mean down right horrible.

Last night I met a guy in Celestia, reasonably leveled, and he simply had no idea of how to battle. And consistantly using level 2 or 3 spells. He was very confident and took no gentle suggestions. After surviving the battle with him I ran away and circled around to watch him. Battling alone he got seriously pounded and eventually killed. I found him in Base Camp and discretely followed him. He went straight back in for more punishment!

I have seen this before and I don't understand. How do you make it to Celestia without reasonable battle skills?

1) The wizard has not actualy made it to Celestia yet. Through extended perseverence they have made it to higher wizard level, but they still aren't very good. And they just ported in.

Any other thoughts???
Some people play the game play for the fun of it.

I currently team with 2 other family members who have no idea what the game strategy is all about and we have taken one wizard each though Avalon, it was a long haul and I don't think I will be doing it again but that is because I don't care for that level of game play really.

If they are out on their own defeat is common but they take it differently. If they had their way they would still be dressed in the outfit you get when you start a wizard or at least something that looks good and they would have the starter deck.

I on the other hand insist my wizard is a mean lean fighting machine, no matter what school I am and I carry spells to help them in a pinch. I help set them up with a pet with spritely which also helps me. I suggest the gear as we level and advise them on deck set up.

I put a lot of time and effort into learning the game - they have no interest in that. On my first wizard I helped many players like this so had practice but for my quests I mainly soloed.

In the end a lot of people do quit the game out of lack of knowledge on how to defeat the monsters so they can proceed. Most of the people we help along the way while we are questing are just like the person you encountered. I give them credit for their persistence.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2012
RottenHeart on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:

Any other thoughts???
I see people like this all the time! It's annoying lol

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Perhaps he only used low rank spells because he didn't play well enough to get any of the spells that require a solo battle, and he progresses through worlds by getting help from others. Or maybe he buys crowns and hires minions for as long as he can afford it. But yes, I have seen people in other worlds and wonder how on earth they got there with their skills. And I am not a great player myself, but I can usually survive regular mobs on my own. Solo bosses may involve a death, deck rebuild and retry, but I usually get it in a couple tries.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Do side quest. You can easily get over level 50 by doing side quest. I know my ice got to legendary doing wintertusk. Loads of xp in that place.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Consider this: maybe it was that person's first wizard, or he's new to gaming in general, and he's still figuring things out.

When my first wizard (Balance) reached Celestia, I was new to gaming and completely overwhelmed by the sudden jump in difficulty. Couple that with the fact that Balance is the hardest school to play and requires a very-specific personality to do so well, all I had was a recipe for complete and utter disaster. I lacked the patience and gaming knowledge required to advance, and quickly became frustrated;I even ended up taking a 2-month break from the game, because it just wasn't fun anymore.But, if I hadn't gone back for more punishment, that same wizard wouldn't be an archmage now~ perseverance is a wondrous thing, amirite?

Still another possibility~ I'm a go-big-or-go-home gal myself, so my legendary diviner is much easier to play than my archmage sorceress; therefore, it's also quite likely that, as with me and Balance, maybe the school that guy was using is just a bad match for his play-style. It's still early in the game, so no sense counting anyone out just yet.

/my 2 cents,
-von